Thread: Jrue Holiday available for trade

Jrue Holiday available for trade

https://clutchpoints.app.link?%24ide...JsZS8ifQ%3D%3D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't buy it.

Might as well...

People thinking Griff is just going to accept a low tier trade for Jrue

Basketball.

Send him to the Clippers. Block Davis from winning championship. Jrue gets the ring he deserves.

Hall of Famer
    He wont get traded because no team will give the value griffin will want

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Unless they get multiple teams involved.

Thoughts?

They were saying on Sirius that a team like Miami or PHX might be willing to trade for Jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Thoughts?
    If they include a draft pick or Bazley. That contract is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    If they include a draft pick or Bazley. That contract is ridiculous
    A draft pick, sure. Wouldn't be one of theirs probably though, would be likely to be one of their accumulated bunch.

Schwan posted a follow up to that, that I quote here:

It does have some logic behind it. Pels ain't gonna be great for a couple years, then CP3 is expiring. OKC gets to say they turned CP3's turdbowl contract into the former 2nd pick of the draft, and the Heat get to unleash holy hell on the east and become fun as hell to watch.

So, what would be the point of a trade if they are still going to be bad. Why not let the current players contract expire? Shwan isn’t making sense. Nobody makes a trade just to help other teams.

Hall of Famer
    A draft pick, sure. Wouldn't be one of theirs probably though, would be likely to be one of their accumulated bunch.

Schwan posted a follow up to that, that I quote here:
    The heat benefit that's all I see here

Make Miami great again. I mean it's not like they didn't have lebron,wade and Bosh before

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post

Make Miami great again. I mean it's not like they didn't have lebron,wade and Bosh before
    Exactly. It’s non sense. That’s all I been reading from anyone that writes about the Pels. Shamit thinks basketball is a math quiz. He thinks we shouldn’t judge basketball off of wins and losses. I agree with this for the first 10 games, but 27 is good enough to think a system is not working. Not to go on a tangent here, but I don’t think anybody that writes for them have actually played basketball. Apparently, the Pels have a bunch of low IQ players, that can’t think for themselves on the basketball court.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post

CP3 is still good at basketball. We consolidate 2 guards into 1 which clears up a bit of room on the roster, while adding someone who is actually capable of leading a half-court offense consistently. Say what you like about CP3, but the dude is one of the greatest pure points to ever lace up for an NBA game and while he's clearly slowing down, he's far from a scrub.

Thunder get CP3's monster deal off the books, adding Lonzo (who is, for all his flaws, exactly Presti's style of player: Long, athletic, can't shoot) to a team which already has an established lead guard of the future, allowing Lonzo to move more into the wing-style of play, which is where he should be.

Also gives them 2 expirings, which will get a ton of cash off their books. They're spending a lot of money right now: if they don't change anything, they'll be butting up against the salary cap next season with only 6 players signed, meaning they'll be forced to go over the cap to fill out the roster unless they get some expiring deals this year. This trade solves that issue.

As far as the Heat go, why should we care if they're good this year, or next? They're not competing for playoff spots with us, and it's not like we're making the finals any time soon. Who cares if we're making them better?

I think trading Holiday allows NAW to develop. Good or bad, I’d like to give NAW the keys to the backcourt.

Keep Jrue. We are overloaded with assets unless langdon vying for more ammunition in the 2021 draft. Which is deep, but we would be a stupid young team and essentially a farm team,because we won't be able to retain all these men before they hit their prime.

2021 short list
    Jalen Green
    Evan Mobley
    Jalen Johnson
    Cade Cunningham
    Tearnence Clark

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Keep Jrue. We are overloaded with assets unless langdon vying for more ammunition in the 2021 draft. Which is deep, but we would be a stupid young team and essentially a farm team,because we won't be able to retain all these men before they hit their prime.

2021 short list
    Jalen Green
    Evan Mobley
    Jalen Johnson
    Cade Cunningham
    Tearnence Clark
    No Usman Garuba? For shame.

CP3 is still good at basketball. We consolidate 2 guards into 1 which clears up a bit of room on the roster, while adding someone who is actually capable of leading a half-court offense consistently. Say what you like about CP3, but the dude is one of the greatest pure points to ever lace up for an NBA game and while he's clearly slowing down, he's far from a scrub.

Thunder get CP3's monster deal off the books, adding Lonzo (who is, for all his flaws, exactly Presti's style of player: Long, athletic, can't shoot) to a team which already has an established lead guard of the future, allowing Lonzo to move more into the wing-style of play, which is where he should be.

Also gives them 2 expirings, which will get a ton of cash off their books. They're spending a lot of money right now: if they don't change anything, they'll be butting up against the salary cap next season with only 6 players signed, meaning they'll be forced to go over the cap to fill out the roster unless they get some expiring deals this year. This trade solves that issue.

As far as the Heat go, why should we care if they're good this year, or next? They're not competing for playoff spots with us, and it's not like we're making the finals any time soon. Who cares if we're making them better?
    Is your Twitter “icebirdmail” ?

I would delete my account and never watch the Pelicans again if they did that proposed trade. It's absolutely garbage. You're effectively turning Jrue Holiday into a salary dump to get rid of Lonzo Ball. CP3 contract is an albatross not an asset. To suggest Jrue Holiday is worth LESS than him on their current deals to the point that you'd have to also include Lonzo Ball..........

I want to throw my phone against the wall just reading the suggestion. I don't say this lightly, that might be the worst trade suggestion I've ever read where the person was serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Is your Twitter “icebirdmail” ?
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I would delete my account and never watch the Pelicans again if they did that proposed trade. It's absolutely garbage. You're effectively turning Jrue Holiday into a salary dump to get rid of Lonzo Ball. CP3 contract is an albatross not an asset. To suggest Jrue Holiday is worth LESS than him on their current deals to the point that you'd have to also include Lonzo Ball..........

I want to throw my phone against the wall just reading the suggestion. I don't say this lightly, that might be the worst trade suggestion I've ever read where the person was serious.
    Tell us how you really feel. No need to be so coy

Guys, imagine if Zion is healthy and is playing at the level he did during preseason where he sh!t all over Rudy Golbert like he wasn't even there, and BI continues his upwards trajectory.... or even stays where he is right now...

Holiday is THE PERFECT third man. Not to say Zion and BI are at the level of Kawai and Paul George, but Holiday is like Lou Williams++. Gives up a touch on scoring maybe, but a real lockdown defender, more efficient and reliable, and far more creative playmaker. IMO, we are one good rim-protecting/rebounding center (doesn't even need offense--think this year's Dwight Howard) away from fielding a real team.

I don't really see how you get equivalent trade value for Holiday unless some contender thinks they need him to get over the hump and gives us a solid player and a couple firsts, or we get back both a solid young PG & Center with real upside. Both longshots IMO.

If I am GM, I need to see how all our pieces fit together first when healthy before I think of getting rid of Holiday.

If this is the argument for the Pelicans to do the deal then it's absolutely wrong. You cannot say, "it's not like we're making the finals any time soon" then turn around and suggest we trade YOUNGER ASSETS ON BETTER CONTRACTS for CP3 and his deal. It's insane. You trade for CP3 and his albatross if you're trying to win now. We are doing no such thing.

What's even the outcome of trading for him? Either he helps us win some games, which hurts our draft stock, or we still are losing but are more cash strapped and inflexible due to his monster deal.

I would be hard pressed to find a much worse lose/lose deal for the Pelicans in a Jrue Holiday trade. Usually it's other team's fans who present horribly one sided traded for players of value. Has losing so much frazzled our fan base to the point that they just want to dump Jrue for the sake of it? Seriously people...

No Usman Garuba? For shame.
    We shouldn't need to trade up for him to be honest. That is my top 5 pick list..

Thread Information