Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Handing the Lakers a title

Hall of Famer

Handing the Lakers a title

Looks like that's what happened during the offseason

Griffin rambling about how good this team is going to be, meanwhile they are awful and the lakers and A.D are laughing possibly on there way to a ring

Tell me something I don't ******* know.

Please with your sunshine and optimism give me more reasons to burn my pelicans cap.

Lakers won’t even get past the Clippers. Someone please burn this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post

Griffin rambling about how good this team is going to be, meanwhile they are awful and the lakers and A.D are laughing possibly on there way to a ring
    What was the alternative? Wait another year for AD to walk and get nothing? That just delays it a year.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What was the alternative? Wait another year for AD to walk and get nothing? That just delays it a year.
    The real issue was there was never a good enough team built with A.D a bunch of wasted years on a dude who is going to go down as one of the greatest big men in history. Jrue Holiday was his second option who is looking more like a guy who should be a number 3 on title team. Got to wonder what this team could of been with a better number 2
    Last edited by Speakthetruth; 12-14-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Could have made finals with Boogie and Rondo. Boogie got hurt and that changed everything. But we got Zion and we could be getting another good lotto pick in 2020 and we are loaded with assets. We will do fine. We are rebuilding. It’s good we got Ingram and Hayes has a bright future. AD is on his way to a title. Good for him. We will see what happens. I’m pretty sure they can be beaten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Could have made finals with Boogie and Rondo. Boogie got hurt and that changed everything. But we got Zion and we could be getting another good lotto pick in 2020 and we are loaded with assets. We will do fine. We are rebuilding. It’s good we got Ingram and Hayes has a bright future. AD is on his way to a title. Good for him. We will see what happens. I’m pretty sure they can be beaten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The final nail in the coffin for this franchise was hiring Gentry. Any coach would have been better for the Boogie AD era. We bucthered it, and AD became disillusioned with the Pelicans as a result.

If we hadn’t landed that number one pick this year, this franchise would be in deep doo doo. We were handed a second chance, and seeing how we have managed that chance, we do not deserve it. Every day AD is more justified.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post

Delaying gratification for a little while never hurt anyone. It sucks now, but patience is a virtue.

We had no alternative but to trade AD, and we have a bright future because of it.

The draft this year was awesome. Didi Silva, NAW, Jaxson Hayes, Zion. That is an incredible draft. Plus we got Ingram and a ton of future picks. Ball and Hart are mehhhh right now, and it's yet to be seen how they fit into this puzzle.

We just really need a true point guard, and a legitimate coach to mold these young players into a competitive team. Gentry's "system" doesn't work, and he can't adapt. It's either shoot 40 3's a game and play no defense, or nothing.

We always knew the Lakers were going to be amazing this year and we wouldn't. We still know that further down the road, we now have the pieces and assets to be amazing for a long time and they don't.

We literally had discussions here talking about how they mortgaged their future for this one season or two and that it would look like they won the deal immediately but that we would win in the end.....as in when looking back a decade later.

It's so weird watching people lose that resolve and act like we didn't see this coming.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Looking at Laker home games and Pelicans home games. I cant even blame AD for wanting out. Laker games are packed out. Pelican crowds look like G league crowds.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Looking at Laker home games and Pelicans home games. I cant even blame AD for wanting out. Laker games are packed out. Pelican crowds look like G league crowds.
    Well, winning actually helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Well, winning actually helps.
    Memphis are 8-17 and still have packed crowds.

Don’t we get more draft picks if they win?

LOL dude stop lying the Memphis avg 15,000 lol pack house.

As in 3rd to last in the NBA in attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    As in 3rd to last in the NBA in attendance?
    It's hard to trust those numbers when they have Pelicans at 22 and you could hear a pin drop in the arena, in some of our games. They've always said we had pretty good attendance numbers but it doesn't look like it at all.

Edit: They say our attendance is 16,222 out of a possible 17,791. Nobody who watches our games believes our arena is 91% full.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 12-14-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    LOL dude stop lying the Memphis avg 15,000 lol pack house.
    15,000 out of a possible 18,000. 83% packed my fault.

Also I'm so tired of hearing we failed to build around, in this day and age of the NBA you can't build around AD. AD is a great player but he is a number 2 on a championship team. His skill set is to limited, to when a championships your best player has to be a wing that can create their own shot and can create for other while handling the ball. That is not Ad's game but hopefully Zion can keep improving on the glimpse we saw in preseason of his ability to do just that.

It's hard to trust those numbers when they have Pelicans at 22 and you could hear a pin drop in the arena, in some of our games. They've always said we had pretty good attendance numbers but it doesn't look like it at all.

Edit: They say our attendance is 16,222 out of a possible 17,791. Nobody who watches our games believes our arena is 91% full.
    Yeah lots of those tickets go empty. Sold to SeatGeek,TicketExchange etc. Plastered advertising all over arena. They made a mistake on the football side thinking 49ers fans would not buy those tickets. LOL.

Also I'm so tired of hearing we failed to build around, in this day and age of the NBA you can't build around AD. AD is a great player but he is a number 2 on a championship team. His skill set is to limited, to when a championships your best player has to be a wing that can create their own shot and can create for other while handling the ball. That is not Ad's game but hopefully Zion can keep improving on the glimpse we saw in preseason of his ability to do just that.
    Not to defend AD within a thread like this, but this is flat out not true nor does it have any precedence.
    Kobe, Lebron, KD etc won on stacked teams with fellow players who were the best players at their positions at the time in their conference and didn’t get over the hump until that was so. Quality players as starters and bench x coaching wins in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    Not to defend AD within a thread like this, but this is flat out not true nor does it have any precedence.
    Kobe, Lebron, KD etc won on stacked teams with fellow players who were the best players at their positions at the time in their conference and didn’t get over the hump until that was so. Quality players as starters and bench x coaching wins in this league.
    Every player you named is a wing that can handle the ball and create their own shot AD is not that.

Every player you named is a wing that can handle the ball and create their own shot AD is not that.
    AD without the surrounding of quality players has been titleless just like Lebron first Cleveland tenure, KD pre Warriors, 05 Lakers and Kobe. Everything you described could be Paul George, James Harden, Damian Lillard etc.

Quality teams win championships. Specific skillset and styles is just a version of how a team chooses to win or lose at the hands of a inferior or superior team.

I feel like this thread was teleported directly in from like, early August or something.

We all knew this when the trade happened: everyone accepted that AD going to the Lakers could easily mean they win a ring this year or next. Not guaranteed, of course: the Clippers will be a real obstacle (and I still believe the Clippers will be a better playoff team even if they don't have the same regular season magic due to load management and stuff) and the Bucks still exist.

The idea was, and still is, that while sending AD to the Lakers may gift him a ring, the return we got from that trade lays the foundations for us to have shots at multiple rings down the line. He was walking anyway, he had to go, so send him where the return is best for our future. Stop worrying so much about other teams and worry about yourself.
    Basketball.

Fire Gentry and Griffin

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Didn't really hand them one, I mean they got Lebron before AD. And getting AD or other free agents was the plan. They were going to back one year or another to contending being in a big market. I'm not surprised to this team losing as we atleast thought the number 1 pick whos hurt would be here and no AD. The thing we probably see what AD impacted the most was a defense. Favors hurt and now we got a Rookie starting at C and 6'8 ish Ingram starting. With all that said, we still shouldn't suck this bad based on the talent alone, but I'm cool with the lottery. Gotta start from the bottom then so be it. Rather this than going down the same road that happened with Dell Demps.

And of course Gentry isn't the best coach moving forward to say the least. I wonder if he'd return as an assistant in the future lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Thread Information