Pelicans Report

Thread: Why we are setting up nicely to be the next dynasty and other annoying optimisms

Why we are setting up nicely to be the next dynasty and other annoying optimisms

Ok. We lost, again. But I don't feel bummed. I'm stoked. And it could be that sweet fine line of white columbian snow from earlier but I choose to forget that and see it as the silver lining to this recent travesty of a season. Because tonight, I saw Brandon Ingram the killer. The ice cold sniper. The next Durant. We didn't pull it out, but he is blossoming. Getting better and better. You could see it with his late FTs towards the end of the game. He has what it takes to close games. He can be our Guy.

So Zion. And yeah, this post assumes that Zion will Zion in the way that everyone thinks he will even though he hasn't played an NBA minute but if Zion gets close to Zioning like we think he will.....that would be a deadly pairing next to what Ingram is becoming. That mashup of skillsets would be devastating.

And Jrue. He's having a rough year. But I think that's because he is being expected to do more than he can. I love Jrue. He's my favorite current Pelican. He is the perfect 3rd man on an NBA final winning team. As BI keeps growing and Zion comes on the scene, I think we'll see Jrue settle back into the player we all know and love.

Behind that, we have the assets to fill in whatever we want. Draft picks for a decade. Young prospects. Ball, Jackson, and/or NAW can reach their potentials or not, we have the ammo to fill in whatever we need. The only thing teams aren't usually able to just go out and "buy" is that #1 and #2. Even if they do somehow manage to land that, they don't usually have what it takes to put pieces around them.....yet here we sit.....with two players that stand a very good chance of becoming that legendary tandem and a treasure trove to purchase whatever they need to be surrounded with.

Ok. Yeah. Fire gentry. Blah blah blah. He may even step down at the end of the season, anyway. I'm trying to gloss kver that here because that's a topic that can hijack every thread started for the foreseeable future.....but man, we really are at the cusp of something amazing.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I get what you're saying and I truly want to believe that this horrible nightmare of a season is just step one of the process, but GOD are we an impatient bunch. This is tough.

I hear that. I got my hopes high with how NAW and Jackson were playing in the preseason and with Ball....Favors JJ.....I still do have high hopes for them. This game was easier to stomach. Losing two to OKC....getting spanked by Dallas. Eh.

But Ingram has been impressing me all season....tonight he converted me into a believer. Something about his play.....i was thinking he could be great but tonight I saw the potential to be one of the best.

So we are in rebuilding mode or win now mode? Make up your minds! For the record Grif has already said we are way below expectations this season. Grif. Said repeatedly this is “Win Now” not later!

I don't get the context of how that fits to the thread.

But what else do you expect a GM to say? That's like people getting mad at how the PR department hyped up Jrue and this season....it's like....they're a PR department. You thought they wouldn't overhype it?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I don't get the context of how that fits to the thread.

But what else do you expect a GM to say? That's like people getting mad at how the PR department hyped up Jrue and this season....it's like....they're a PR department. You thought they wouldn't overhype it?
    It was not a rebuild year bruh. “This was a win now team” I suggest you go read TBW article

I hear that. I got my hopes high with how NAW and Jackson were playing in the preseason and with Ball....Favors JJ.....I still do have high hopes for them. This game was easier to stomach. Losing two to OKC....getting spanked by Dallas. Eh.

But Ingram has been impressing me all season....tonight he converted me into a believer. Something about his play.....i was thinking he could be great but tonight I saw the potential to be one of the best.
    Joke is on you if they are getting traded. Lakers obviously did not want them. The only keeper is Ingram.

Are you reading threads or just randomly referencing that article in places where it doesn't fit? I think that 49ers loss got ya, man. Lol

The joke wouldn't be on me. I said earlier in the OP we have the ammo to replace them all if they don't work out......

Are you reading threads or just randomly referencing that article in places where it doesn't fit? I think that 49ers loss got ya, man. Lol

The joke wouldn't be on me. I said earlier in the OP we have the ammo to replace them all if they don't work out......

First change in the right direction is a new coach . I nominate you to go show Grif how to do it. I have faith in you MSU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfpV5JVv9AY

That look on Gayle’s face when she sees Ingram’s price tag? That will make firing Gentry look cheap.

Perhaps Pelicandae can give more details on that contract.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 12-14-2019 at 01:33 AM.

Thread Information