Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 13th December - New Orleans Pelicans @ Philadelphia 76ers - 6-19

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Minutes restriction. Al used them up before the 4th quarter like a smart coach.
    Well great then. Of course Al used them up. On a side note I do hate today’s minute restriction, resting players type of basketball.

It’s the first away game I have been to where the fans and opposing team don’t even feel like the Pels are a threat. A couple guys told me to hang in there cause they just went through this.
    I'd ask you to talk smack back since we got it so close but....it's Philly.....stay safe. Lol
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Ingram has heart. He plays hard, but he is not a talker. I don’t think he has spoke to anyone but a trainer tonight.
    So what

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I'd ask you to talk smack back since we got it so close but....it's Philly.....stay safe. Lol
    Lol. I haven’t really engaged with anyone negatively. Just mostly about Zion and stuff.

I've seen Ingram coaching up Hayes and such. He does talk. There was the article about the team not being talkative enough....I don't know about all that. There are plenty of quiet championship teams. A ton of quiet hall of fame leaders. I think that article was placing too much bias.on how talkative the current Saints are.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jrue cannot hit clutch shots.

Lol. I haven’t really engaged with anyone negatively. Just mostly about Zion and stuff.
    Lol. Your safety gets more and more in jeopardy the closer we pull. Stay safe. Haha.

Ingram has heart. He plays hard, but he is not a talker. I don’t think he has spoke to anyone but a trainer tonight.
    He smiles more it seems than I have ever seen him smile before.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Oh look, they get it close. I wonder what will happen now. Such a cliffhanger.

I've seen Ingram coaching up Hayes and such. He does talk. There was the article about the team not being talkative enough....I don't know about all that. There are plenty of quiet championship teams. A ton of quiet hall of fame leaders. I think that article was placing too much bias.on how talkative the current Saints are.
    I’m guessing he is just upset tonight. It’s tough for all of these guys. For the most part, the bench has been quiet. Almost like they are not sure what to say. I really feel for them at this point.

So why not challenge?

This is like a recurring nightmare. The exact same thing every night.

EDIT: Except when we sometimes lose by 46.

So only shot 24 threes and put up a fight on the road against a top team. Shocked!!!111

Sadly Favors had almost as many rebounds by himself then our other two bigs combined.

That is the state of the union.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    So only shot 24 threes and put up a fight on the road against a top team. Shocked!!!111

Sadly Favors had almost as many rebounds by himself then our other two big combined.

That is the state of the union.
    That’s Alvin’s excuse for this game. We got to see how important Favors is. If he wasn’t on a minutes restriction..... ya da ya da ya da.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Jrue cannot hit clutch shots.
    I love Jrue and what he’s done for this franchise, but I really hope Griff is showcasing him to other teams. He’s mentally checked out this season. It seems like his heart is elsewhere. Maybe he wants to join his BFF Davis in LA. Trade Jrue and continue to develop Lonzo and give him more minutes with the first team.

If they slow down shooting the idiotic 3's like they did tonight, and bring back Zion and play Favors we can salvage this season.

That and play with effort on defense and we can still win.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    This is like a recurring nightmare. The exact same thing every night.

EDIT: Except when we sometimes lose by 46.
    It's like....losing this one is cool to me. The 76ers are absolutely amazing at home.....but it is so freaking frustrating that if they could do this exact same thing against OKC or Detroit, etc they would easily be in the 8 spot.

It's like....losing this one is cool to me. The 76ers are absolutely amazing at home.....but it is so freaking frustrating that if they could do this exact same thing against OKC or Detroit, etc they would easily be in the 8 spot.
    Moronic 3's and no defense killed them in the other games. Tonight they at least kept the 3's reasonable. Lonzo is inching closer and closer to actually driving to the rim. He keeps dumping it off to people not named Jaxon Hayes, and our other bigs have no idea what to do with a basketball. Lonzo just needs to lay the damn thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    If they slow down shooting the idiotic 3's like they did tonight, and bring back Zion and play Favors we can salvage this season.

That and play with effort on defense and we can still win.
    Honestly, if Mr Unclutch Holiday even plays an average game and doesnt go 4-18, they have a great chance to win this game. Just by attacking and laying off the 3s.

Sadly I dont think anyone on the team realizes that. Gentry will probably preach to them tomorrow they lost because they didnt get enough 3s up.

Jrue 4/18 of fg. That is not the play of a team leader or future MVP candidate. Time to trade him before it gets out of hand and we get scraps for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Jrue 4/18 of fg. That is not the play of a team leader or future MVP candidate. Time to trade him before it gets out of hand and we get scraps for him.

Watching him tonight reminded me so much of AD last season. Jrue is more of a pro, so he’s going to show up and work without drama, but I would not be surprised one bit if he requests a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Honestly, if Mr Unclutch Holiday even plays an average game and doesnt go 4-18, they have a great chance to win this game. Just by attacking and laying off the 3s.

Sadly I dont think anyone on the team realizes that. Gentry will probably preach to them tomorrow they lost because they didnt get enough 3s up.
    Something is wrong with him, mentally.

It's all Zion's fault.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Trade for a true point guard.... a leader. We need someone cocky and bold.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Trade for a true point guard.... a leader. We need someone cocky and bold.

Beverly would be nice.

Thread Information