Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Miller the latest to say Zion not coming back!

Reggie Miller the latest to say Zion not coming back!

I wonder how Griff. Responds to this?

There's already 70 other Zion threads. No need to start a new one for conjecture from some commentator

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    There's already 70 other Zion threads. No need to start a new one for conjecture from some commentator
    How else are you going to get management’s attention? Let the threads rip. I’m all for 600 Fire Gentry threads, 7000 trade threads, 400 draft threads.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 12-11-2019 at 10:20 PM.

All-Star
    I disagree with this nonsense, we have to see what players play well with Zion this season.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    How else are you going to get management’s attention? Let the threads rip. I’m all for 600 Fire Gentry threads, 7000 trade threads, 400 draft threads.
    Management does not pay attention to this board, I reckon. We could post Zion threads exclusively for the next 6 months and the odds of Griff ever finding out about it are miniscule.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Management does not pay attention to this board, I reckon. We could post Zion threads exclusively for the next 6 months and the odds of Griff ever finding out about it are miniscule.
    They could have done a better job communicating. It almost seems like they are hiding something now. Why so secretive? Maybe 6 weeks, Maybe 8 weeks, and now maybe 10 weeks?

They could have done a better job communicating. It almost seems like they are hiding something now. Why so secretive? Maybe 6 weeks, Maybe 8 weeks, and now maybe 10 weeks?
    I totally agree that they could have communicated it better. They could communicate even better now: for example, they say Zion won't return until he hits their internal standards. It couldn't hurt them to give hints at what those internal standards are. Weight? BF%?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I totally agree that they could have communicated it better. They could communicate even better now: for example, they say Zion won't return until he hits their internal standards. It couldn't hurt them to give hints at what those internal standards are. Weight? BF%?
    What really bothers me... Griff has been super vocal all off-season with bs pr interview talking about a bunch of nothing.

Yet, when Zion injury got leak. They ain't wanna talk now. They haven't talked since before the injury.

If you're gonna have all that energy and transparency and then close up shop like they pulled off the greatest con job in history. I certainly would be ticked off.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Almost like he wanted it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    What really bothers me... Griff has been super vocal all off-season with bs pr interview talking about a bunch of nothing.

Yet, when Zion injury got leak. They ain't wanna talk now. They haven't talked since before the injury.

If you're gonna have all that energy and transparency and then close up shop like they pulled off the greatest con job in history. I certainly would be ticked off.
    Yes. This is very clearly the biggest issue with Griff so far. If you look at how he acted in Summer League compared to around Zions surgery its night and day different. Fans aren't stupid Griff. Casuals come and go but burn the diehards who have already felt abused for years with previous management and that's a quick way to losing the entire fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Almost like he wanted it to happen.
    I’ve been waiting for the Pels to put out a statement saying he is full of ****. Well even that is not happening. I guess you might as well keep Zion benched now. No sense putting him out there under this coach.

To me...this is the perfect time for silence.

You put a statement out after this and we are being ran by the front office version of KD on social media.

Just keep it professional and precise. Reggie is an ambulance chaser who has the persona on court and off of a playground troll who’s bad with women.

Just stay focused on Zions return.

Players, including Reggie Miller, say the only way to get into game shape is to play games. You can't replicate it in the gym or practice.

But when it comes Zion...SiTHim Out all Year to gETINshAPe

Why or how would Reggie Miller have any knowledge of Zion's health or the team's plans? He is simply a blowhard that likes to talk on TV. He is the king of "hot takes" because he thinks it makes him sound smart. Who cares what he says?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Why or how would Reggie Miller have any knowledge of Zion's health or the team's plans? He is simply a blowhard that likes to talk on TV. He is the king of "hot takes" because he thinks it makes him sound smart. Who cares what he says?
    I think it is more of trying to prove Griff is wrong. Possibly getting fed from Klutch Sports. So far Reggie might be right.

I think it is more of trying to prove Griff is wrong. Possibly getting fed from Klutch Sports. So far Reggie might be right.
    and he might be wrong. Griff is not going to rush Zion back just because a tool like Miller is trying to prove him wrong.

Joel Meyers speculated(?) 3 more weeks on last night's broadcast.

Reggie Miller is not the latest as he's been basically saying this since the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Reggie Miller is not the latest as he's been basically saying this since the surgery.
    So he is not coming back this season? I’m okay with this actually.The season is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Joel Meyers speculated(?) 3 more weeks on last night's broadcast.
    And the beat goes on

3 more weeks after last night is new years day. Next game after that, Lakers in LA in prime time.

The 30th would be 10 weeks post surgery

3 more weeks after last night is new years day. Next game after that, Lakers in LA in prime time.

The 30th would be 10 weeks post surgery
    Or the following week vs Knicks at MSG as some have also suggested

And Reggie is also among the morons that saw Zion walk in a hallway and thought he looked fat. This is what he's basing his entire thesis on.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And Reggie is also among the morons that saw Zion walk in a hallway and thought he looked fat. This is what he's basing his entire thesis on.
    No . I think it was Chris Webber and that Frye guy

No . I think it was Chris Webber and that Frye guy

No Reggie Miller referred to this pic during a broadcast and said the same stupidity as Channing Frye. Believe it was the Clippers road game. They probably DM'd each other about it.

Thread Information