Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reggie Miller the latest to say Zion not coming back!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    What’s the deal? I heard Zion really is going to be held out for the season!!!! I hope that’s not accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    What’s the deal? I heard Zion really is going to be held out for the season!!!! I hope that’s not accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Has anyone you trust said that? Has Woj? Or Stein?

At this point I pull a Blake Griffin with Zion. Yes it sucks and not what I wanted at all. I bought season tickets making it suck even more. I just believe in the long run it would be the best option giving us so much time to work on his body, shot, and just overall game. Let him have the excitement of going after that rookie of the year while leading a winning team. If he does come back then great I’m happy either way. We are so lucky to have Zion and imo we owe it to him to do what’s best as an organization and fan base by giving him his rookie year back. Nothing good comes out of bringing him back this season except our own selfish enjoyment.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    You don’t bet better at NBA basketball by just training. He needs to play. Can’t hide him away. And the whole crux of fandom is selfish enjoyment. That goes for Zion as well. He loves the game too. Holding him out when he’s capable of playing is a mistake.

They want to get some extra things worked out? Cool. But what’s the logic in ever letting him play again otherwise? Literally. Like keep Zion off the court forever. Like an asymptote. Perpetually getting closer to him returning but he’s working to be even better for the first time he dunks from the 3pt line.

I mean all this nonsense about his weight and how inevitable it is, when given how the universe works, Zion comes out next season at a svelte 240lbs, and cracks open his femur doing a routine layup.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    You don’t bet better at NBA basketball by just training. He needs to play. Can’t hide him away. And the whole crux of fandom is selfish enjoyment. That goes for Zion as well. He loves the game too. Holding him out when he’s capable of playing is a mistake.

They want to get some extra things worked out? Cool. But what’s the logic in ever letting him play again otherwise? Literally. Like keep Zion off the court forever. Like an asymptote. Perpetually getting closer to him returning but he’s working to be even better for the first time he dunks from the 3pt line.

I mean all this nonsense about his weight and how inevitable it is, when given how the universe works, Zion comes out next season at a svelte 240lbs, and cracks open his femur doing a routine layup.

The NBA might be the ones that actually are saying shelf him for season. No use putting him out there now when season is lost. Might do more damage than good. Blake Griffin benefited from sitting out his first year. So did Ben Simmons.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 12-14-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    The NBA might be the ones that actually are saying shelf him for season. No use putting him out there now when season is lost. Might do more damage than good. Blake Griffin benefited from sitting out his first year. So did Ben Simmons.
    Blake and Simmons sat out because they were actually injured in a way that takes a year to recover from, though.

There's no way the NBA would have told the Clippers or the Sixers to keep those guys benched because ''the season is lost'' if they had been fit to play by January.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Absolute 100% agreement.

When he's healthy, and sure if you want him to drop 10lbs too then fire, play him. Whether that's January, February, or just the last 15 games of the year, I don't care. As soon as he is fit and ready to play, let him play. It's what the fans want, it's what Zion personally probably wants, it's what the NBA wants in terms of keeping eyes on the product, and it will benefit his growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Absolute 100% agreement.

When he's healthy, and sure if you want him to drop 10lbs too then fire, play him. Whether that's January, February, or just the last 15 games of the year, I don't care. As soon as he is fit and ready to play, let him play. It's what the fans want, it's what Zion personally probably wants, it's what the NBA wants in terms of keeping eyes on the product, and it will benefit his growth.
    Last 15 games? Even Lebron knew to shut it down by then. This team is not going to playoffs. Why put him at risk????? Let us not make same mistake as Portland.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 12-14-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Last 15 games? Even Lebron knew to shut it down by then. This team is not going to playoffs. Why put him at risk????? Let us not make same mistake as Portland.
    You're right.

But remember, he could get injured in game one of next season, so let's keep him out then too.

Oh yeah and he could get hurt in game 2, so best not play him then either.

Might turn his ankle in game 3, probably should just sit that one out.

Game 4? Sounds risky, maybe a precautionary DNP-CD for that game.

In fact, let's just pay him his entire $40m rookie contract to sit at home as long as he promises to never leave the house. Don't wanna risk an injury, of course.

And Derrick Favors clearly needs to lose weight. Dude cant stay healthy and putting extra pressure on his back, knee, and hamstrings.

He should sit the rest of the year too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You're right.

But remember, he could get injured in game one of next season, so let's keep him out then too.

Oh yeah and he could get hurt in game 2, so best not play him then either.

Might turn his ankle in game 3, probably should just sit that one out.

Game 4? Sounds risky, maybe a precautionary DNP-CD for that game.

In fact, let's just pay him his entire $40m rookie contract to sit at home as long as he promises to never leave the house. Don't wanna risk an injury, of course.

He also needs to lose weight don’t forget! The NBA is even putting that on there website. I do agree you have to take care of your valuables. Would you trust Alvin Gentry coaching your valuables?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And Derrick Favors clearly needs to lose weight. Dude cant stay healthy and putting extra pressure on his back, knee, and hamstrings.

He should sit the rest of the year too.
    Trust the process. It’s a rebuilding year anyway! Right? #Tank

Thread Information