Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: 11th December - New Orleans Pelicans @ Milwaukee Bucks - 6-18

The only thing I see is the team is rudderless. They need structure and a leader. They are too young to just go out there and play with grown men in a Veteran style free flowing offense with no defensive identity.

You're essentially putting the game on player IQ. OH boy... I'm not saying we're dumb as bricks, but that ain't gonna win you many games with a young crew.

It’s not like they aren’t playing hard or isn’t trying. I feel like outside of a few guys on the team, there isn’t a clear defined role for a lot of these young guys. It seems like they believe their role is different each and every night and their play reflects that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    Yea I don’t see selfishness at all when watching.

If anything, we struggle more because we don’t have a real alpha dog.

A: All!

Sure didn’t seem that way with Hayes, Zion, and NAW in summer league. Hell, Melli was said to be super vocal prior to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So they don’t talk to him. Why are we keeping him around?

Damn. That's not a good look at all. Maybe Gentry should have kept that one to himself.

The only time we’ve seen Jrue talk and seem happy is when he saw Anthony Davis.

Zion seems like a talker to me

And Hart is definitely not quiet by nature.

Jrue, Ingram, Favors, Okafor, and Moore seem like quiet guys.

Maybe the vocal group is intimidated by the quiet leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    And Hart is definitely not quiet by nature.

Jrue, Ingram, Favors, Okafor, and Moore seem like quiet guys.

Maybe the vocal group is intimidated by the quiet leaders.
    Or maybe they just don’t like the coach. There is a easy solution for that.

But I do agree sitting in silence on a plane ride is lame. I would have to do something like crack a joke or fart. Something to get them to talk.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar

There's a guy at work that I just don't care for. When he comes over to my desk and tries to talk to me I answer in short, 1 word answers so he will go away faster.

Sounds like the team is doing that to their coach. Not good at all.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Uncle Al is admitting that the team is miserable playing for him.... They are not quiet! They just don’t want to play for him. He’s destroying the teams morale.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    There's a guy at work that I just don't care for. When he comes over to my desk and tries to talk to me I answer in short, 1 word answers so he will go away faster.

Sounds like the team is doing that to their coach. Not good at all.
    Exactly. They just aren’t interested in what’s going on. Basketball isn’t even the top priority to them if that’s the case. They are probably not even looking at the scoreboard anymore. Just waiting for the fourth quarter to end so they can drive home or eat at their favorite spot before hitting the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Exactly. They just aren’t interested in what’s going on. Basketball isn’t even the top priority to them if that’s the case. They are probably not even looking at the scoreboard anymore. Just waiting for the fourth quarter to end so they can drive home or eat at their favorite spot before hitting the road.
    Maybe someone told them that Zion won't be home for Christmas this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    That’s a weird take.
    It is an odd take and does not seem to have any support behind it. Is he saying that anyone playing iso (ala Ingram and Jrue) are selfish? Are players that take shots early in the shot clock (i.e. Gentry's system) are selfish?

Gentry probably isn’t wrong about us having a quiet team, but it doesn’t spell good fortunes when the coach is throwing players under the bus. It often means that they are under fire and he should be.

Thread Information