Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 9th December - New Orleans Pelicans VS Detroit Pistons - 6-17

Are we allergic to layups and mid range jumpers!?!? Jesus.

Can’t wait for Hayes to grow as a player

Jrue holiday. 0-4 at the FT line. Everyone ready trade him say I.

I

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Can’t wait for Hayes to grow as a player
    We're witnessing the rawest form of Hayes. Pre-stronger in the core and lower body Hayes. Pre-face up game Hayes. Pre-point center Hayes.

I'm calling that last bit now. I feel like he's gonna slowly become a better facilitator over time due to the fact I think he might grow another inch or two.

Hayes finishes around the rim better than some guards.

JJ needed that

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Hayes finishes around the rim better than some guards.
    That finish was incredible!

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Now we got ourselves a game. The Melli/4 guard lineup. Whew, thought I wouldn’t see it.

If Jrue shows up today, this score is 15 pt lead.

Good foul. We need more of that. Too soft with some of our fouling.

What’s up with Kenny hustles fade

Wow what a flop.

We really need to learn how to flop

Flopping smh

Melli making some nice plays today

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Flopping smh
    Our players need to take flopping 101. We can learn a thing or two from these fools

Josh Hart needs to drive like that A LOT MORE OFTEN!!

Solid first, but damn do we miss the bench production that we had from Frank earlier in the year. Ever since that stinger he has been crap enough to play himself out of the rotation. Hart has also struggled with injuries which has hurt what should be a very solid bench unit. The Pistons shouldn’t even be close, but that is the story of the year really. We let teams stay in the game when they shouldn’t be.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Solid first, but damn do we miss the bench production that we had from Frank earlier in the year. Ever since that stinger he has been crap enough to play himself out of the rotation. Hart has also struggled with injuries which has hurt what should be a very solid bench unit. The Pistons shouldn’t even be close, but that is the story of the year really. We let teams stay in the game when they shouldn’t be.
    Lonzo -9 in 12 minutes. That is unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Lonzo -9 in 12 minutes. That is unplayable.
    He hasn’t even really been bad tonight. He just doesn’t provide the scoring we need to see from him.

They won’t win this game if they don’t at least stay competitive on the boards. The game is too close considering how much better the Pelicans looked. Griffin and Drummond will wake up at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We're witnessing the rawest form of Hayes. Pre-stronger in the core and lower body Hayes. Pre-face up game Hayes. Pre-point center Hayes.

I'm calling that last bit now. I feel like he's gonna slowly become a better facilitator over time due to the fact I think he might grow another inch or two.
    The ONLY way I disagree would be that we will have to many points (Zion, Ingram, probably Lonzo and Jrue if not another all-star we trade for) to get him the experience there.

But you know.....I'm cool with that. I think AD eill eventually be so much better next to LeBron.....letting Bron point while AD gets back to the biggy stuff. I think Hayes could develop into something more dangerous than AD if he just dominates the interior.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Lonzo is making the people around him better in ways that don't show up in the stats. He changes the feel of it. Has set a lot of plays up and disrupted some of Detroit's.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The ONLY way I disagree would be that we will have to many points (Zion, Ingram, probably Lonzo and Jrue if not another all-star we trade for) to get him the experience there.

But you know.....I'm cool with that. I think AD eill eventually be so much better next to LeBron.....letting Bron point while AD gets back to the biggy stuff. I think Hayes could develop into something more dangerous than AD if he just dominates the interior.
    Maybe he does. But I see so much quickness that I figure a faceup game would benefit Hayes more. Just needs to get strong enough to not get rooted out of the paint easily and finish more easily through contact and rebound.

If only the Pels would shoot the easy mid range shots that they are being given. The Pistons simply made an adjustment to clog the paint and let the Pels shoot. It worked to cut the lead.

Thread Information