Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: 9th December - New Orleans Pelicans VS Detroit Pistons - 6-17

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    ESPN is unwatchable now. After the George Kittle crap all day, now we gotta watch “vintage Derrick Rose for 24 hours. Fml

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    ESPN is unwatchable now. After the George Kittle crap all day, now we gotta watch “vintage Derrick Rose for 24 hours. Fml
    I'm just gonna pretend it all doesn't exist. What a horrible weekend and a start to this week.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don't care about the Niners beating us. And Derrick Rose was always one of my favorite players to watch.

I’m waiting for the mysterious... Lonzo has chicken pox, Jrue has brittle bone, JJ has menopause, Jah has dyslexia, and Jaxson has been disqualified cause he is actually a good basketball player, to kick in by shoot around. That way they can start Melli, Hart, Moore, Kenrich, and Cheatham the next two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I’m waiting for the mysterious... Lonzo has chicken pox, Jrue has brittle bone, JJ has menopause, Jah has dyslexia, and Jaxson has been disqualified cause he is actually a good basketball player, to kick in by shoot around. That way they can start Melli, Hart, Moore, Kenrich, and Cheatham the next two games.
    Don't forget Josh Gray. He'd score 60 points against the Bucks, but then collapse dead like John Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I don't care about the Niners beating us. And Derrick Rose was always one of my favorite players to watch.
    Yeah that makes one of us. The niners have the worst fans on the planet, so I’m not happy about that one. Derick is good, but save it for another team, eh?

Don't forget Josh Gray. He'd score 60 points against the Bucks, but then collapse dead like John Henry.
    or demand a trade cause he doesn’t feel he has any help.

I love me some Rose. I love his comeback story and glad he got the game winner.

I still miss pre-ACl Rose. He was electric

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I love me some Rose. I love his comeback story and glad he got the game winner.

I still miss pre-ACl Rose. He was electric
    What I love about him is the heart. He refused to lose the game tonight. That’s what the Pels are lacking, regardless of how bad Gentry is.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    I'm just gonna pretend it all doesn't exist. What a horrible weekend and a start to this week.
    Yeah I’m still hurting myself.

Jrue is a "big" guard built like a tank
    Lonzo is a 6'6" point guard and long
    BI is long as hell and can rubber band the ball to the rim
    Jaxson is bouncy as hell
    Hart is solidly built for a guard
    Okafor's best attribute is post moves

So what do we do? Threes, threes, threes I want 40 threes

Even when they make them it doesnt move the W needle

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Jrue is a "big" guard built like a tank
    Lonzo is a 6'6" point guard and long
    BI is long as hell and can rubber band the ball to the rim
    Jaxson is bouncy as hell
    Hart is solidly built for a guard
    Okafor's best attribute is post moves

So what do we do? Threes, threes, threes I want 40 threes

Even when they make them it doesnt move the W needle
    Tank Commander demands 40 3's. We need another #1 overall.

Just a quick look at the team stats says they literally lost because they didnt get to the line enough, and probably from jacking too many 3s.

They won every other meaningful category.

Yet the mantra will continue to be "we just didnt make shots."

What a mess. Missed it live, rewatched upon waking up, and another loss in the books. Now the longest losing streak of the Gentry era.

It was close, sure, and it wasn't a massacre like the Mavs game was. Obviously it's not as bad as that one. But it's still another loss, and when it gets close you actually feel a bit worse about a loss; if you get hammered early like we did by the Mavs, it's hard to really blame the players for stuff that goes on in the 4th or even the 3rd: you've lose already. That's just how it is.

But in a game like this where you lose by essentially 1 possession, you start getting annoyed more and more by every dumb shot (particularly in the 3rd) and every lazy defensive breakdown because any single one of them could symbolise the loss of the game.

9 losses in a row. Next game we're on the road @ Milwaukee. Don't expect a win there either.
    Basketball.

Point spread on Pelicans vs Bucks game is?????

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Point spread on Pelicans vs Bucks game is?????
    Bucks are gonna win by 16, Giannis won't play for the final 16 minutes due to having 34/15/6 in 23 minutes of play

At least they showed some fight in this one.

But this looks like a rudderless ship...

Put me in the category of people that thinks Gentry needs to go but I don't think it will happen until the season is over.

I mean, Jrue is one of the best on ball defenders in the league and Rose got him. I mean, what else could he have done?
    Rose cleared out with a shove with the off arm, but the refs swallow the whistle at the end of the game. If it were the 2nd quarter, Rose would have been called for an offensive foul.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Rose cleared out with a shove with the off arm, but the refs swallow the whistle at the end of the game. If it were the 2nd quarter, Rose would have been called for an offensive foul.
    When you decide to hold a 3 point shooting contest in the middle of a game, then these things have a way to bite you in the rear.

Yeah, Rose’s push off wasn’t what cost us the game, it was poor game planning during the meat of the game that caused us to lose. Rose’s push off was the cherry on that dookie sundae.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    When you decide to hold a 3 point shooting contest in the middle of a game, then these things have a way to bite you in the rear.
    I agree. Terrible shot selection in the 4th, as usual. We were pretty much having our way inside and we chose to throw a 3 point party. Hart's air ball 3 really set me off.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I sure didn't catch that live. Plain as day on review though. It's not characteristic of Jrue to get shaken that badly so it makes sense Rose got an edge somehow.

Thread Information