Pelicans Report

Thread: I blame the local media

I blame the local media

In an effort to keep a source they have been carrying the organizations water, and selling a false narrative.

Fug them clowns.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Half the media wants to stay in their good graces so they never asks the tough questions or apply any pressure, while the other half doesn’t care about the Pelicans.

Mainstream media (local and national) is designed to be a PR machine for whatever organization backs them. Nothing different here from any other team anywhere

The NY media will take their teams to task, this media doesn’t have the stones.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    In an effort to keep a source they have been carrying the organizations water, and selling a false narrative.

Fug them clowns.
    You couldn't be more wrong and clearly have zero idea what you are talking about.

Having done it myself and knowing every single guy who still does today, the truth is more layered.

1. Every fan is already whining and moaning and going all the way to the extremes so writing that adds no value. Instead, there is a desire to add nuance and layers to the conversation not seen on Twitter or message boards. If you guys all were screaming about the other issues and not mentioning Gentry, they would write more about the Gentry issues.

2. Ownership and the FO actually likes some.criticism. Helps them light fires under butts and brings it a 3rd party they can point to so they dont seem like Negative Nancy's to the staff and players. If others are saying it too, their critiques appear valid, not words of a pessimist

3. People can put in effort and still lose. Get blown out even. You think the people at McDonald's work 5 times harder than the burger chain just getting by? Of course not.

There is nuance to competition. People on message boards dont have to discuss nuance. They can type FIRE GENTRY and walk away. They dont need to point to other problems, other solutions, or any subtleties

Long story short, you are just wrong. If you think Scott or Shamit or Jake or whoever is compromising their beliefs for some outside shot at a scoop, you are just plain wrong. Besides, the scoops never come from the guys who would be bothered by the articles.

But believe what you want. You have no obligation to be nuanced.... you just get to write whatever you want on a message board, even if it can't be backed up in the slightest.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong and clearly have zero idea what you are talking about.

Having done it myself and knowing every single guy who still does today, the truth is more layered.

1. Every fan is already whining and moaning and going all the way to the extremes so writing that adds no value. Instead, there is a desire to add nuance and layers to the conversation not seen on Twitter or message boards. If you guys all were screaming about the other issues and not mentioning Gentry, they would write more about the Gentry issues.

2. Ownership and the FO actually likes some.criticism. Helps them light fires under butts and brings it a 3rd party they can point to so they dont seem like Negative Nancy's to the staff and players. If others are saying it too, their critiques appear valid, not words of a pessimist

3. People can put in effort and still lose. Get blown out even. You think the people at McDonald's work 5 times harder than the burger chain just getting by? Of course not.

There is nuance to competition. People on message boards dont have to discuss nuance. They can type FIRE GENTRY and walk away. They dont need to point to other problems, other solutions, or any subtleties

Long story short, you are just wrong. If you think Scott or Shamit or Jake or whoever is compromising their beliefs for some outside shot at a scoop, you are just plain wrong. Besides, the scoops never come from the guys who would be bothered by the articles.

But believe what you want. You have no obligation to be nuanced.... you just get to write whatever you want on a message board, even if it can't be backed up in the slightest.
    I envy you living in a town with a real basketball team. What I would give to have Snyder coaching here.

Say what you will, those “members” of the media are milquetoast in their criticism of the team, coaches, and players. Half of those clowns still think you have to let Gentry finish out the season (or give him another year with a full healthy roster). I don’t think anyone can buy that unless they have something to gain by pushing that narrative.

All I’m saying is sure I don’t have to back anything up, I’m not masquerading as a member of the media, afraid that I will get my credentials pulled (or my sources will shut me down) if I say something against the organization. I don’t have that kind of skin in the game, that’s why I can speak the truth.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 12-07-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Thank you Kristen Ledlow

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Thank you Kristen Ledlow
    Bless his heart for trying not to carry the water.

Kushner has the Stones

what exactly are you blaming the local media for?

Yes and the NY media has been so effective in making sure the Knicks are competent....

So many things to blame this on and you go with this?. The coverage of the Pelicans this year (with Guillory, Kush, the BSS boys, and a bunch of other people that I know I'm leaving out) has been the best since the team got to NOLA.

Shamit is on it

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    what exactly are you blaming the local media for?
    Carrying the teams water rather than taking them to task.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Yes and the NY media has been so effective in making sure the Knicks are competent....

So many things to blame this on and you go with this?. The coverage of the Pelicans this year (with Guillory, Kush, the BSS boys, and a bunch of other people that I know I'm leaving out) has been the best since the team got to NOLA.
    Actually the NY media is making sure that those teams are on notice.

The wild part is those water boys would call people fair weather or not knowledgeable fans if they questioned keeping Gentry around (at the beginning of this season). ********, if the chickens haven’t come home to roost.

Carrying the teams water rather than taking them to task.
    Fletcher already fired Alvin

Thread Information