Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 7th December - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 6-16

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Alvin has been begging to be fired. I’m not sure what else he has to do. He has purposely ran them into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    That is the shot that will get Alvin fired
    P L E A S E

Be ******* correct about that. I damn near pee'd myself laughing after that shot.

They need to do something because this bad basketball is rubbing off on NAW.

He is just jacking jump shots and 3s and we do want to groom him that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    Please smack us by 60. Maybe that will get Gentry fired.
    I'm thinking the same. I dont want us to cut into this lead. Mavericks need to push this as high as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They need to do something because this bad basketball is rubbing off on NAW.

He is just jacking jump shots and 3s and we do want to groom him that way.
    That is what I am worried about. I don’t want this leaking into next season

That is what I am worried about. I don’t want this leaking into next season
    This is why I don’t want Zion to play a minute under Gentry.

I just think it’s crazy that we have given up an insurmountable lead going into the 4th. We still have another quarter to go and we were down abar 40 points. Outrageous

If they don’t want to fire him, just move him somewhere off the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    This is why I don’t want Zion to play a minute under Gentry.
    I don’t think it’s Gentry’s fault that Zion got injured, but Gentry’s attitude about basketball probably rubbed onto Zion when he went for that stupid inbound grab where he slammed his knee. These guys definitely need a father figure rather than a buddy buddy coach like Gentry.

We are wreckless, unorganized and unwatchable.

I don’t think it’s Gentry’s fault that Zion got injured, but Gentry’s attitude about basketball probably rubbed onto Zion when he went for that stupid inbound grab where he slammed his knee. These guys definitely need a father figure rather than a buddy buddy coach like Gentry.

We are wreckless, unorganized and unwatchable.
    The majority of it is reckless. They run full speed to do absolutely nothing.

In a way, this extended absence of Favors and Zion being out really unmasked how bad it is.

You shouldnt be getting thumped like this only missing those two. But it exposed very bad coaching philosophy.

Either Griffin must REALLY have unlimited faith in Gentry, Gentry has dirt on Gayle, or the nepotism virus has not left the FO yet.

Hayes is one of three players on the team that should be untouchable in my opinion. However, defensively, save for the occasional block shot into the upper deck, he is a nightmare. I believe he needs to improve significantly on the defensive end to just be inept (and adequate is at least two years away).

Either Griffin must REALLY have unlimited faith in Gentry, Gentry has dirt on Gayle, or the nepotism virus has not left the FO yet.
    They just like Alvin personally. I get it. I like Alvin as a person. He is a standup guy with a good sense of humor. You can’t let that affect organizational decisions though. Griffin should have been given permission to clean house.

50 points. Christ

They just like Alvin personally. I get it. I like Alvin as a person. He is a standup guy with a good sense of humor. You can’t let that affect organizational decisions though. Griffin should have been given permission to clean house.
    They should probably move him in a FO position then. His personality I agree is great but he cannot coach. This is the product they have on the court. Having Zion is not going to help this.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Hayes is one of three players on the team that should be untouchable in my opinion. However, defensively, save for the occasional block shot into the upper deck, he is a nightmare. I believe he needs to improve significantly on the defensive end to just be inept (and adequate is at least two years away).
    Thats been obvious. But Ive been told his "defensive rating" is way above our other bigs. Despite how often Hayes gets lost on basic pick and rolls.

But at least he can learn on the job now.

They should probably move him in a FO position then. His personality I agree is great but he cannot coach. This is the product they have on the court. Having Zion is not going to help this.
    I’m aboard the fire train at this point. Worst loss in Pelicans history. It’s not bad for us to tank this year, but I’d like to develop the right way. This is not it.

I legit believe Gentry should be fired after this...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I legit believe Gentry should be fired after this...
    Probably not happening, much to our collective dismay.

A whole 7 of Ball's 9 shot attempts were 3s. And he was 0-7.

No coaching staff should allow that of their 6'6" point guard.

Thats just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    A whole 7 of Ball's 9 shot attempts were 3s. And he was 0-7.

No coaching staff should allow that of their 6'6" point guard.

Thats just bad.
    It’s just disappointing because he was stellar in that 2nd half last night. Reverted back to poor decision making.

If there was a way to fire players, I'd like Lonzo to get it too. Ball was the biggest hype man I've seen since Don King with the way he conned his son all the way up to getting drafted 2nd.

Is this rock bottom? Hate to see much worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If there was a way to fire players, I'd like Lonzo to get it too. Ball was the biggest hype man I've seen since Don King with the way he conned his son all the way up to getting drafted 2nd.
    Mehhhh... Lonzo needs a development
    Coach instead of vet dead weight coaches like Walton and Gentry. His biggest problem is not being coached up..

All his problems are coach able, but Gentry want players like Rondo where he doesn't have to coach up.
    Last edited by Taker597; 12-07-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Thread Information