Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 7th December - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 6-16

Ball needs a structured offense with accountability for his shot selection. This offense clearly enables and encourages him to shoot.

Yeah keep that Lonzo faith alive. Nothing is his fault. It's all on the coaches that he just has to take a ton of 3s and not drive to the basket...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    There was a game today?

Huh.... *checks score*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    There was a game today?

Huh.... *checks score*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Whatever.
    Yeah, at the beginning of the season many of my friends were pumped for Pels games, and game days were always talked about on twitter and Facebook, now those same friends DGAF.

This team is leaking fans and goodwill.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    It was a brain dead move to keep Alvin in the first place. He has been a weak link everywhere he has been.

I don't want our young guys ruined by a useless 'never was'. Cut the dead weight now, before Zion comes back and gets us to .500 and saves this guys job.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Oh well. What more can we say? The team is bad.

Gentry supporters are awfully quiet now.

Don’t worry about this . If you want to watch winners watch LSU vs Georgia football right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yeah keep that Lonzo faith alive. Nothing is his fault. It's all on the coaches that he just has to take a ton of 3s and not drive to the basket...
    If people can have faith in Rubio taking 5 season to learn how to shot. Ball can be given some leeway for another season.

I still. believe this leg day skipping, manufactured hype got enough potential to be a solid 6th man guard to run the benchoffense

And I didn't like Ball as a prospect in college.

Meanwhile Joe Burrow is going to get his own statue, and he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    If people can have faith in Rubio taking 5 season to learn how to shot. Ball can be given some leeway for another season.

I still. believe this leg day skipping, manufactured hype got enough potential to be a solid 6th man guard to run the benchoffense

And I didn't like Ball as a prospect in college.
    A 2nd pick shouldn't be capping out as a 6th man. What good does it even do us if it takes him 5 seasons to develop then we are stuck either paying him or letting him walk. The idea is you get SOMETHING from your no. 2 overall. Lonzo has been garbage so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Gentry supporters are awfully quiet now.
    They will continue to make excuses for this man. Yeah the coaches are not on the court and these are grown men but cmon this is terrible basketball. Yea we have injury problems, we have been killed by injuries even with Monty. At least we gave an effort on D.
    Last edited by PelicanNation; 12-07-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Okay so I honestly just fell asleep and didn't catch this game. Just woke up. Checked the score.

Jesus christ
    Basketball.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Okay so I honestly just fell asleep and didn't catch this game. Just woke up. Checked the score.

Jesus christ
    It was even worse than the score indicates.

It would be one thing if the players were learning a system and looked to be progressing. Instead it looks like the players are regressing, and have no idea what they are doing. Nobody has any faith in this guy's "system".

Yea visually saw the team quit at about roughly first 3 minutes in the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    It was even worse than the score indicates.

It would be one thing if the players were learning a system and looked to be progressing. Instead it looks like the players are regressing, and have no idea what they are doing. Nobody has any faith in this guy's "system".
    I get the feeling that it's not even really worth watching.

Nobody on our team had a particularly impressive statline. Hell, nobody on Dallas did either because they didn't even play their main guys very long; Luka logged 26 minutes and then sat. Porzingis didn't hit 15 points. Boban Marjonovic had a double double.

Down 12 at the half, down nearly 40 after 3.

That's just depressing. We've now lost 8 straight, and several of them have been big, big, ugly losses. Alvin can't sustain more of this, surely?

Can We please fire or trade someone ?? Anyone...??
    What a mess...
    Last edited by Creative; 12-08-2019 at 05:37 AM.

Thread Information