Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 7th December - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 6-16

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Another game with no plays ran
    I agree looks like they are freelancing out there they don't use the clock lot of quick shots

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I don’t ever want to play Dallas again.
    With Alvin as coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Horrendous basketball. 5 turnover in seven possessions. Let’s fix that by lot passing at all. A BI iso forces shot over two people with 4 people standing on the three point line. This is one of the more bizarre sports seasons I can recall. How bad does a team have to be to get rid of the coach?
    I think they blamed Demps and hoped that the squad was the problem rather than Gentry. Gayle should have let Griffin clean house.

I feel like I’m being punked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We suck. No way around it

I think they blamed Demps and hoped that the squad was the problem rather than Gentry. Gayle should have let Griffin clean house.
    Demps gave Monty a bad roster and then gave himself a bad coach.

This defense is horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Wecandothis View Post
    I agree looks like they are freelancing out there they don't use the clock lot of quick shots
    Dallas freelances a good bit too. They just have one hell of a PG. It wouldn’t look this ugly with a solid lead guard. But that’s the problem. Gentry has no solution. This team is not only young, it lacks a Luka like presence to run the game. So structure is most definitely needed

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    It literally depends on us making impossible shots (which we often make). When we don’t make those shots, or we get out coached horribly by an NBA title winning coach, it shows.
    That's why there needs to be a plan B. Their only plan is to chuck up 3s. We have talented shooters, but you can't live off of the 3. We're not the Warriors, not even close.

It's infuriating watching this team not even thinking and throwing up 3s like it's going in automatically. Run some plays, create offense.

Horrendous basketball. 5 turnovers in seven possessions. Let’s fix that by not passing at all. A BI iso forced shot over two people with 4 people standing on the three point line. This is one of the more bizarre sports seasons I can recall. How bad does a team have to be to get rid of the coach?
    This has to be the nail in the coffin game or Griffin sleep at the wheel. We're not playing professional basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    That's why there needs to be a plan B. Their only plan is to chuck up 3s. We have talented shooters, but you can't live off of the 3. We're not the Warriors, not even close.

It's infuriating watching this team not even thinking and throwing up 3s like it's going in automatically. Run some plays, create offense.
    Agree 100 percent. We are too young and leaderless to be running this type of offense.

Dallas freelances a good bit too. They just have one hell of a PG. It wouldn’t look this ugly with a solid lead guard. But that’s the problem. Gentry has no solution. This team is not only young, it lacks a Luka like presence to run the game. So structure is most definitely needed
    Freelancing is cool but not all game. Has to be a healthy balance 30/70

Jrue Holiday is -28 tonight

This has to be the nail in the coffin game or Griffin sleep at the wheel. We're not playing professional basketball.
    It’s almost detrimental to us long term to play this poorly. I’ll take a loss and some attempt at playing basketball. This is not a good learning experience for our guys

Freelancing is cool but not all game. Has to be a healthy balance 30/70
    Agreed

It’s almost detrimental to us long term to play this poorly. I’ll take a loss and some attempt at playing basketball. This is not a good learning experience for our guys
    It’s horrible. They have already accepted losing or if they don’t you can’t tell. No emotion from them.

That type of possession right there from Nicky sums it up. We are teaching our players bad basketball. It’s not even Nicky’s fault. There was not enough movement or understanding and he was forced to throw up a bad shot

Good luck guys can't take it anymore

Wow to much talent on this team to be this garbage. Why the (explicit) are we just jacking up 3s? You have to try real hard to be this sorry.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Straight up embarrassing. Fire him.

Demps gave Monty a bad roster and then gave himself a bad coach.
    Demps didnt give Monty a bad roster. You dont make the playoffs in the west with a bad roster.

He apparently did make a huge mistake with Gentry and staff. Who Griffin kept.

Please smack us by 60. Maybe that will get Gentry fired.

I can honestly see Alvin getting fired soon. Which is crazy considering this is a transition season. Sure, we should have growing pains. We should not be having growing agony.

Dallas knows the value of playing inside out.

The Pelicans have the green light to iso and jack 3s.

That is the shot that will get Alvin fired

Thread Information