Pelicans Report

Thread: Grif been reading this forum?

Grif been reading this forum?

Good to see he values our opinions! In case you missed his interview during game.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The question about transparency makes me wonder if they've been on Twitter too. HotPelicansTakes is crazy about transparency to the point of absurdity.

Wants to know exactly what conditioning benchmarks Zion needs to hit. Like the specifics. No team has ever been upfront with things like that.

Another funny thing that doesn't surprise me is according to some, everything Griffin said was just a fluff piece...

Except the part about our defense being bad. Negative = truth. Positive = fluff.

But if you call them pessimists, they're just realists.

We are who we are. Young, talented and inexperienced with a bunch of injuries to key players. We aren't getting blown out every night like the Knicks. We just have to get healthy and learn some defense.

I'm glad Griffin spoke on this. He needed to after the national media started reporting Zion would miss his original projected return date. The truth is though he was only forced to do this because the national media pushed his hand. He and the organization both remained extremely quite as some Cali Chick claimed the entire fan base was racist, so he's not fully in my good graces yet. He should have addressed that immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    We are who we are. Young, talented and inexperienced with a bunch of injuries to key players. We aren't getting blown out every night like the Knicks. We just have to get healthy and learn some defense.
    We did not get blown out by Dallas Tuesday?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    We did not get blown out by Dallas Tuesday?
    He said EVERY

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The question about transparency makes me wonder if they've been on Twitter too. HotPelicansTakes is crazy about transparency to the point of absurdity.

Wants to know exactly what conditioning benchmarks Zion needs to hit. Like the specifics. No team has ever been upfront with things like that.

Another funny thing that doesn't surprise me is according to some, everything Griffin said was just a fluff piece...

Except the part about our defense being bad. Negative = truth. Positive = fluff.

But if you call them pessimists, they're just realists.
    Wonder if HotPelicansTakes is an alt of some sort or just a fan in a cubicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    He said EVERY
    Accept losing close. #PelsLife #tank

This is cherrypicking quotes out of the interview because I remember him talking about how the future is looking bright and they haven't taken their eyes off of the long rebuild. He emphasized twice that this was always more about future seasons and not just win now.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

This isn't a bad team, they just haven't learned to win close games. The stats on clutch games prove this. That comes with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This is cherrypicking quotes out of the interview because I remember him talking about how the future is looking bright and they haven't taken their eyes off of the long rebuild. He emphasized twice that this was always more about future seasons and not just win now.
    He's always said they are trying to establish a winning culture THIS season.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It’s Shamit . He is down the middle. I think it’s a frustrated fan base. They were sold on the “Win Now” wait for it “Won’t Bow Down.” Sales staff now has to sell bad product now. Good luck on that! The good news is a strong return by Zion can eventually repair this.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 12-06-2019 at 07:07 PM.

This isn't a bad team, they just haven't learned to win close games. The stats on clutch games prove this. That comes with experience.
    You saying Derrick Favors, Jrue Holiday, JJ Reddick have no experience? I suggest you go back to the Grif interview when he said this was supposed to be a “ Win Now” team.

Nah, this team is very much a bad one right now.

Our defense is terrible, our offense isn't nearly as good as our points per game would imply, our lineups suck, our rotations are bad, and several players aren't really performing that well individually either.

Of course it's totally possible that there's a good team somewhere in here and that will maybe emerge as Favors and Zion come back, and Ingram can stop being forced to play the 4, and Kenrich can go back to being a bench guy instead of having to log 35 minutes a night as a starter, and Hayes can feast on backup centres instead of being asked to defend Steven Adams. It's possible, for sure, that once those gaps get filled in the quality of the team will improve.

But over the last 7 games we've been garbage.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    You saying Derrick Favors, Jrue Holiday, JJ Reddick have no experience? I suggest you go back to the Grif interview when he said this was supposed to be a “ Win Now” team.
    Derrick Favors has barely played, and hasn't played at all in our last half a dozen games. Kind of unfair to include him in that list there.

Thread Information