Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th December - New Orleans Pelicans VS Phoenix Suns - 6-15

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    David Griffin just pointed out something I hadn't cribbed to. Jaxson Hayes isn't fully conditioned to play the minutes he's playing.

Not yet. Hands on hips and not elevating as much as he normally does.

Hayes has 11 points in 11 minutes, 66% shooting
    Basketball.

I want to say our transition D is bad, but I don't think we actually have transition D at this point

How can you not love Ingram and his work ethic!? Going to the staff and telling him do whatever it takes to bring the greatness out of him. No matter how they have to coach him by dog cussing or whatever it takes. Kid is going to be a star and shatter every Pelicans scoring record.

Ingram made that pass, that was good, but I'm not sure why we felt the need for an extra pass there when the corner shot was open. Then, of course, Melli makes another pass because he wasn't really open and it's a turnover.

Lonzo playing with a better mentality tonight. Still making some pretty hilarious errors, but he’s been better tonight

Great read from Jrue and the go ahead pass

Joel and AD are a trip

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ingram made that pass, that was good, but I'm not sure why we felt the need for an extra pass there when the corner shot was open. Then, of course, Melli makes another pass because he wasn't really open and it's a turnover.
    Lmao!!

Hart, I love you, but your shot clock awareness is poo

Good drive from Lonzo there

Our defense is honestly so disgusting it's almost funny

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Lonzo playing with a better mentality tonight. Still making some pretty hilarious errors, but he’s been better tonight

I agree he is having an all around good game tonight. If he could limit a turnover or 2 then that would be great. I think he’s only going to keep getting better and better especially when Zion comes back and he conitues to learn his teammates. We need Lonzo to be a 12-15ppg/7-10apg/5-7rpg player with great defense while shooting 40% 3pt /75% FT and we will have exactly what we need from him. I fully believe he can be that and more but we don’t need much more with the players we are surrounding him with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Our defense is honestly so disgusting it's almost funny
    Almost makes you pine for Julius Randle doesn’t it?

End of the first half, we're down 74-70 These scores are absurd.

Leading scorer is Redick with 17

Jrue has 15 points on 75% shooting, 3 assists, 3 steals. 3 fouls, 1 turnover.
    Ingram has 11 points on 80% shooting, 3 assists, 4 turnovers, 3 fouls.
    Lonzo has 7 points, 5 assists, 2 steals, 4 turnovers, 1 foul.
    Hayes has 11 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 66% shooting, 0 fouls, 0 turnovers

We gave up 74 points in 24 minutes... I am about to vomit...

Lonzo/Jrue/Ingram/Zion/Hayes could potentially be the best defense in the NBA hands down. Once these guys start to learn each other better along with the systems. As well as the young studs getting stronger and adding some muscle/weight this group can be deadly when you consider they are all 2 way players.

At least we are trying to play basketball tonight. Lonzo is driving, players are getting out in transition and we are getting Hayes involved a good bit. It just isn’t there. We really need another option (Zion cough) to take some of the pressure off of Ingram. Nobody else out there is enough of a threat to give him room to work. He just gets swarmed

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Almost makes you pine for Julius Randle doesn’t it?

Julius Randle isn’t a good defender but he isn’t terrible. He had a pretty incredible season her offensively last year. Randle would actually be a great fit for this team right now with all of our injuries. Wouldn’t mind seeing him here as a bench big backing up Zion. Just not for his price.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    The one thing I took from Griff’s interview is he is not blaming Alvin for anything. He firmly believes the struggles are from player injuries and a lack of experience.

Finally winning the FT battle but losing the game. LMAO
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

We gave up a lot of points but atleast we hung in there and put up points. I really believe a lot of our defensive problems are just due to youth and our huge roster turnover. Many of these guys not knowing how to play with each other can cause major problems. Hopefully when we get healthy it starts to improve when we can finally have some lineup consistency where players can get use to each other’s tendencies.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Finally winning the FT battle but losing the game. LMAO
    They decided it was best to leave Cam Johnson open tonight. They usually pick one person to let shoot corner threes all night and I’m guessing it’s Cam Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    The one thing I took from Griff’s interview is he is not blaming Alvin for anything. He firmly believes the struggles are from player injuries and a lack of experience.
    That is something you keep in House. You can’t publicly shame your head coach.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    This is the most trash 3 point defense i've ever seen.

Thread Information