Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th December - New Orleans Pelicans VS Phoenix Suns - 6-15

Getting Hockey game on the phone with Cox

I've ended up watching the Suns stream because of the issues with the Pelicans one, so it seems like this issue is kinda hitting everyone.

That said, it's annoying that this is happening on the game where Griff is supposed to be giving an interview in the 2nd quarter.
    Basketball.

This team is just so much better with Ball starting the game instead of Williams. It’s not ideal to have Ingram at PF but he was playing it with Williams on the court anyway. The only difference I would like to see is have Hart start the game over JJ and let JJ come off the bench firing in a Lou Williams/Manu Ginobli role..

Had Holiday played the way he has been lately this team would have 4 more wins. He was barely an average player to start the season. Can’t wait for him to slide into that 3rd option role behind Zion and Ingram. I really believe he can thrive in that position.

We look good right now because we're shooting 73% from the floor and 83% from 3.

That doesn't change the fact that we're about to give up a 30+ point first quarter again, and we've allowed them to shoot nearly 60/40/85.

Defense doesn't look as bad as it has sometimes recently but it's still not very good.

Hayes looks solid so far as well. I like when he is aggressive. Once this kid puts on some weight and increases his basketball IQ he will be a problem and perfect fit for this team.

NAW is on the court

Lol at nobody closing out on Cam Johnson

Love this bench unit run by Jrue. Allows him to attack and run the show. Has some help in NAW to handle some duties. A spacing center. Hart who can do it all and knock down the 3s. Kenny hustle who does the dirty work. Great lineup

You know your defense is horrible when you can drop a 40 point first quarter, play better defense than you generally do, and still only be up by 2

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I’m guessing they just gave up on the defensive thought.

If anyone's hearing the Griff stuff, would appreciate it if you could let us know what he's saying. I'll try to add tweets with quotes in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You know your defense is horrible when you can drop a 40 point first quarter, play better defense than you generally do, and still only be up by 2
    It’s pure comedy. Glad that Kenny Hustle is back at least. Despite his lack of ability on the offensive end, he is the only one that always looks like he knows what he is doing

This makes sense. We don't have a ton of back to backs anyway.

You know it’s been a PR disaster when Griffin has been called in to chat with the boys. Good to see him around

Pels twitter uploaded the interview.

Key quotes pretty much all included above.

Repeated ''absolutely no setback''.

Griff says he has been ''nauseatingly transparent'' according to many people inside of the organisation. ''We did a radio interview here on ESPN radio, locally, said some similar things when we were in Phoenix oddly enough, and nothing's changed.''

Griff says if he hits the return metrics in 7 weeks, then Zion will play at 7 weeks, but if it takes 10 weeks, then he'll play at 10 weeks.

''We're trying to win basketball games, and honestly we've been horrible at that''

Thought David was openly candid and honest tonight

Our defence is so BAD... Jesus Christ please help us...

Quote Originally Posted by PineBeltPelican View Post
    Thought David was openly candid and honest tonight
    He always struck me as an honest guy. I just don’t think he ever anticipated that we would be THIS bad. He had to speak up sooner or later

edit: meant to post this tweet, not re-post the interview clip
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 12-05-2019 at 07:55 PM.

I agree with David Griffin how the injuries have been a positive in a sense allowing younger guys to get some playing time but the negative is it has set us back in losing games. This team is easily a top 6 seed healthy.

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty good short little interview. Confirmed a lot of suspicions: he's doing well, no setbacks, he could still come back before/at the 8 week projection, but they're not guaranteeing that because it does require him hitting various performance metrics and they're not going to rush him into them because he's important long-term and he's only 19. Makes sense to me.

All I gotta say is Brandon Ingram is incredible. In 2 years he will be arguably the best SF in the NBA.

They are finally connecting the Hayes rim runs.

Thread Information