Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th December - New Orleans Pelicans VS Phoenix Suns - 6-15

Honestly.. at this point we win either way. I just want to see better basketball. I want to see our young guns get minutes. I don’t want to see Etwann freakin Moore logging 30. There isn’t a point with his contract running out.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    pride will kick in tonight and we will win the next 3 games ....book it....favors should be back for the dallas game Saturday....
    I hope so. Favors and Zion. We just need that presence in the middle. Sure if that paint and our defense wouldn't be that bad.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Maybe you're right, although my question would be this:

Why would pride kick in tonight, and not after any of the last 5 losses? Last game we lost to a good team led by a young superstar who is having the best 20 year old season of all time, but somehow that's going to hurt our pride more than losing back to backs to the sub-.500 OKC Thunder?
    Gentry always goes on a run, and then he goes on a long losing streak. That is the kind of consistency our style of basketball provides. It all comes down to whether we hit our impossible shots or not

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Honestly.. at this point we win either way. I just want to see better basketball. I want to see our young guns get minutes. I don’t want to see Etwann freakin Moore logging 30. There isn’t a point with his contract running out.
    Totally agree. If we're going to lose 50 games, fine, that happens with young rebuilding teams. Don't particularly like it, but it's perfectly reasonable to expect a season or two like this at the start of a huge franchise-altering shift in eras.

But do it by actually playing the young guys who make up that future. You can't develop NAW on the bench when he's behind Moore, who's 30 and expiring. You can't develop Hayes as effectively as you would want if you're giving him barely 20 minutes a night because you feel the need to play Okafor for 25, and you love Melli-at-the-5 lineups.

You want to lose and, in that process, develop the youth? Fine. But you gotta actually play the youth to do that
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Gentry always goes on a run, and then he goes on a long losing streak. That is the kind of consistency our style of basketball provides. It all comes down to whether we hit our impossible shots or not
    Gentry's runs usually coincide with the best player on the team deciding to take things seriously for a little bit. We all remember that end-season push to get into the playoffs a few years back: that wasn't fuelled by Gentry, that was fuelled by AD deciding to actually play basketball with a bit of intensity for once.

We don't have an AD-like talent right now. When Zion comes back, maybe that changes, but we just don't have anyone like that right now.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I’m thinking pride should have kicked in a while ago

They just announced a change to the starting lineup. Looks like it will be: Ball, JJ, Jrue, NAW, Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    They just announced a change to the starting lineup. Looks like it will be: Ball, JJ, Jrue, NAW, Moore.
    One day, you will stand face to face with whatever power saw fit to let you exist in this world, and you will have to answer for these crimes.

Basketball Guru
    Maybe you're right, although my question would be this:

Why would pride kick in tonight, and not after any of the last 5 losses? Last game we lost to a good team led by a young superstar who is having the best 20 year old season of all time, but somehow that's going to hurt our pride more than losing back to backs to the sub-.500 OKC Thunder?
    you got to have faith in the players.....its not about the coach tonight....dallas put the smack down on us....the players will bounce back....you will smile tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    you got to have faith in the players.....its not about the coach tonight....dallas put the smack down on us....the players will bounce back....you will smile tonight..
    I generally try not to have faith in anything. If something wants me to believe in them, I'll need a little bit of evidence: so far this team has shown me no reason to believe in them.

I hope you're right, and of course it's always possible they do bounce back here. I just don't hold my breath for it.

Am I the only one with hockey on FSNO?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    is anyone else not picking up the game on Fox?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Am I the only one with hockey on FSNO?
    there are at least two of us....

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    there are at least two of us....
    This is weird

This is weird
    the only bright spot is that we can expect to see better defense....

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    the only bright spot is that we can expect to see better defense....
    Lmao truee

Nice pass out of the short roll from Hayes. Ingram hits the C&S

Jrue hits a 3 as well. They're hitting the shots, which is something, but I am concerned that both Jrue and Ingram have aborted drives when faced with... Frank Kaminsky?

One day, you will stand face to face with whatever power saw fit to let you exist in this world, and you will have to answer for these crimes.
    Haha!

But dang. I was trying on a new lucky shirt for this game.....went to change and couldn't find it right away....game starts.....and it's going so well I think I'm stuck topless.

Ingram finds Hayes rim-running and Hayes finished, and-1

What was that turnover from Lonzo just pelted it directly into a Suns player's shin

Lmao truee
    do you have the game now?

The Franchise
    What a stupid foul from Ingram.. I hate when he does that ********..

We're kinda lucky that the Suns have missed some of those wide open shots they've gotten. They're top 10 in FG%, 3pt%, and FT%, so if we give them too many of those they'll get them.

No matter how many times it happens, I will never understand why we run so much offense through Redick it makes no sense

Thread Information