Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th December - New Orleans Pelicans VS Phoenix Suns - 6-15

Pelicans 5th December - New Orleans Pelicans VS Phoenix Suns - 6-15

We've now lost 6 consecutive games. Tonight we take on the 9-11 Phoenix Suns; they played last night in a loss to the Orlando Magic, so in a sense we have the advantage. We're also at home, and they've had to travel from Florida because the Magic game was an away game for them, so we have those advantages too.

Whether those advantages will mean anything for a team in as much disarray as us remains to be seen.

Injury report above as usual: Kenny Hustle and Favors are questionable, Zion still out for now.

Suns are an imbalanced team: 6th in offensive rating, 19th in defensive rating. The upside is that the lacklustre defense gives us something to attack. The downside is that their offense is good, and our defense is absolute trash-fire garbage, so we could easily get into a lot of trouble there. Aron Baynes didn't play for them yesterday, which helps make their defense even worse and kind of offsets that issue for us a little if he's still out tonight, but that's still only a consolation prize.

Hopefully the team can just show any signs of life tonight. At this point, I'll take it, even if we lose, as long as the guys look like they have some pride. After last games dismal showing coming off a back to back pair of defeats against another sub-.500 team, I can't imagine we do have much pride left, but I guess one can hope.

#WBD
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 12-05-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    Basketball.

It can't be worse than the Mavs game right?

Or the Lakers..
    Or the Clippers..
    Or the Jazz..
    Or OkC..
    Or OKC again?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Or the Lakers..
    Or the Clippers..
    Or the Jazz..
    Or OkC..
    Or OKC again?
    It was supposed to happen bruh. Apparently this was a learning year now or something like that. Oh that note surely we don’t lose to Minty? Right? If this team don’t know how basic basketball works by now .
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 12-05-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Once more unto the breach, my friends.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I think a postgame Alvin comment prediction should be added to the game day experience.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Once more unto the breach, my friends.
    He should be fired if he loses to Diallo and Minty.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    They can lose by 30 and he won’t be fired.

Haha. I meant us watching them play. I am pledging to be only positive to my compadres.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 12-05-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Griffin gonna be on broadcast at the start of the 2nd QTR

2nd QT is like our worst one too. He get to see a dumpster fire at full blaze with playing 4 Guards and Melli.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Griffin gonna be on broadcast at the start of the 2nd QTR

2nd QT is like our worst one too. He get to see a dumpster fire at full blaze with playing 4 Guards and Melli.
    The worst part is he will have to pretend it’s ok. Inside he probably wants to storm the bench and have Alvin thrown out the arena like Uncle Phil tossed Jazzy Jeff.

Favors is out but Kenny Hustle is back.

Please start Kenny over Ball please!

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Favors is out but Kenny Hustle is back.

Please start Kenny over Ball please!
    Looks like it’s the same 6 ft lineup with Jrue at the 3.

I’m not worried about Jrue at the three but more about JJ with a small lineup. He can’t contain his man, so Hayes is forced to constantly defend the rim and risk foul trouble.

I think we’ve got to staunch the bleeding at this point. If Kenny is ready to go I think you start him in a winnable game. Let Lonzo run the second unit. Maybe he can find some sort of a rhythm as a playmaker again...

Klutch sports chimed in

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    I think we’ve got to staunch the bleeding at this point. If Kenny is ready to go I think you start him in a winnable game. Let Lonzo run the second unit. Maybe he can find some sort of a rhythm as a playmaker again...
    We all agree, but Alvin does not.

Klutch sports chimed in

For some reason, everyone outside of the fans want to see the Pelicans fail. They want to constantly talk about the franchise failures and all this and that. They would love for Zion to not play and create turmoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I think a postgame Alvin comment prediction should be added to the game day experience.
    It's pointless to predict them when they're the same every game.

Gotta play hard for 48 minutes. Shots just weren't falling. We stopped moving the ball. It's going to be all right. The opponent just got hot. We got it close but we just ran out of time. Yadda yadda

Please Uncle Al, do not play Moore tonight and play NAW instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's pointless to predict them when they're the same every game.

Gotta play hard for 48 minutes. Shots just weren't falling. We stopped moving the ball. It's going to be all right. The opponent just got hot. We got it close but we just ran out of time. Yadda yadda
    True, the should just make a Gentry recorded hologram and put it at the podium every night.

Also just the address the "is Zion missing games going to stop him.winning ROTY" stuff. The answer is probably.

The fewest games played in a single season by a ROTY winner is 55, by Patrick Ewing. If Zion comes back on the 13th, then there will be 56 games left.for him to play. Obviously, then, if he comes back around Christmas, there will be fewer. Once you get into sub-50 games played, it's hard to imagine them giving him the award unless he makes us win 15 straight and averaged 25/10/5 or something.

Basketball Guru
    pride will kick in tonight and we will win the next 3 games ....book it....favors should be back for the dallas game Saturday....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    pride will kick in tonight and we will win the next 3 games ....book it....favors should be back for the dallas game Saturday....
    Maybe you're right, although my question would be this:

Why would pride kick in tonight, and not after any of the last 5 losses? Last game we lost to a good team led by a young superstar who is having the best 20 year old season of all time, but somehow that's going to hurt our pride more than losing back to backs to the sub-.500 OKC Thunder?

Thread Information