Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kushner right on the mark here!

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Kushner is right, Griff hasn’t proven anything to us yet. He sold us a bill of goods, and the fans who bought it with their $$$ deserve better. The talent is there. We are young, but we have solid talent where Zion should be a great bonus, but not someone we should need to lean on in order to get to the playoffs. We are using way to many excuses when the obvious one is we are being led by a poor coach. That’s it. Injuries can’t be blamed for everything.

Simply put, if we don’t make the playoffs this season Gentry needs to be gone, and if we miss the playoffs next season, Griff should get gone too. We aren’t looking for Demps part Deux.
    Griff has done an amazing job. Giving him one year or 2 years would be horrible. I love the blend of youth and experience which is alot better than what Demps had done. Gentry Was a holdover and not necessarily his picking but that is the only iffy decision but I understand why they kept Gentry.

If Griff can’t get rid of Gentry this year (if we put up another clunker) then he isn’t really the Team President that can get things done. Sure upgrading facilities, bringing in a new training staff, and bringing in solid fringe players is one thing (two of those things are long overdue), but if you can’t put a winner on the court, then you have no business managing this teams day to day affairs.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Kushner is right, Griff hasn’t proven anything to us yet. He sold us a bill of goods, and the fans who bought it with their $$$ deserve better. The talent is there. We are young, but we have solid talent where Zion should be a great bonus, but not someone we should need to lean on in order to get to the playoffs. We are using way to many excuses when the obvious one is we are being led by a poor coach. That’s it. Injuries can’t be blamed for everything.

Simply put, if we don’t make the playoffs this season Gentry needs to be gone, and if we miss the playoffs next season, Griff should get gone too. We aren’t looking for Demps part Deux.
    Griffin gets more than 100 games with Zion my man. He is likely here for the full five.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Griffin gets more than 100 games with Zion my man. He is likely here for the full five.
    And he will get more than 100 games with Zion. This is an NBA GM, not a US President. You don’t have to wait out the length of his term to get rid of him, if he isn’t winning get on up from under that guy.

Thread Information