Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ledlow’s report seems to be right about Zion

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    A veteran should not be missing chunks of the season with back spasms or a sore knee.
    lol what?
    Basketball.

I was hoping the Pelicans would have put out a report stating Ledlow was incorrect or misunderstood. That does not look to be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    lol what?
    Vets know the rigors of an NBA season and therefore should enter the season prepared. So from them you'd expect more impact injuries. Not a back giving out or knee/hamstrings getting sore. They know the value of all the pre-work out routines and stretches. They talk about it all the time. Unlike younger players that think they run on batteries and tend to skip all that stuff.

Still confused or needs to be broken down further??

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I really wish we would have passed on Melli and just kept Wood. He had much more promise and fit the makeup of this team much better.
    Detroit Pistons flatten Spurs, 132-98, as Christian Wood has a career night with 28 points

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...re/4345999002/

INSULT TO INJURY

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Vets know the rigors of an NBA season and therefore should enter the season prepared. So from them you'd expect more impact injuries. Not a back giving out or knee/hamstrings getting sore. They know the value of all the pre-work out routines and stretches. They talk about it all the time. Unlike younger players that think they run on batteries and tend to skip all that stuff.

Still confused??
    You can't control something like back spasms, though. You can prep all you want, stretch all you want, workout properly with correct techniques under good supervision, and still get back spasms. Same thing for a sore knee: you can ice it, heat-pack it, stretch it, do whatever, but if you took some knee to knee contact or something, your knee's going to be sore and you can't do anything about it.

Acting like someone can magically just decide not to get back spasms because they're a veteran is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Detroit Pistons flatten Spurs, 132-98, as Christian Wood has a career night with 28 points

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...re/4345999002/

INSULT TO INJURY
    I'm very happy for Christian Woods but it's not an insult. We have been trying to develop our 8th overall pick Hayes. These minutes Hayes are getting now should pay off well in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You can't control something like back spasms, though. You can prep all you want, stretch all you want, workout properly with correct techniques under good supervision, and still get back spasms. Same thing for a sore knee: you can ice it, heat-pack it, stretch it, do whatever, but if you took some knee to knee contact or something, your knee's going to be sore and you can't do anything about it.

Acting like someone can magically just decide not to get back spasms because they're a veteran is ridiculous.
    Well I obviously didn't say they can just "magically decide" not to. Which is why I bothered to type an entire paragraph on th daily prep work during the off season, which you seem to think has little value. Which I find ridiculous. Missing this much time with multiple injuries this early in the season is not common. If your core is strong and you bend properly, chances of spasms this early are nil.

But hey, believe what you want.
    Last edited by luckyman; 12-04-2019 at 05:06 PM.

When David Griffin was hired most of us were all in to taking this slow and doing it right. We knew the first season or two would be awful while players developed and our picks don't even start coming for a couple of years.

Yet here we are, freaking out because they are clearly doing what we were hoping months ago they would be doing.

The priorities of this season seem to be in this order:
    1) experiment with players and lineups to see who can do what.
    2) develop our young talent (and yes, the Laker guys our part of the young talent).
    3) showcase players for a trade for an all-star from some exploding team at the break (ok, this one is my conjecture).
    4) get everyone healthy and sneak into the postseason with a late season surge.

Because, I'll repost the SoS, it gets easier. This is how most of us would have planned it going into the season. Sure it would have been nice to beat OKC. But we're still sitting pretty for the season and absolutely looking juicy for the long term.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1574984570639.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	6507
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    When David Griffin was hired most of us were all in to taking this slow and doing it right. We knew the first season or two would be awful while players developed and our picks don't even start coming for a couple of years.

Yet here we are, freaking out because they are clearly doing what we were hoping months ago they would be doing.

2) develop our young talent (and yes, the Laker guys our part of the young talent).
    3) showcase players for a trade for an all-star from some exploding team at the break (ok, this one is my conjecture).

Because, I'll repost the SoS, it gets easier. This is how most of us would have planned it going into the season. Sure it would have been nice to beat OKC. But we're still sitting pretty for the season and absolutely looking juicy for the long term.

Real question here, with watching the first 21 games do you believe Gentry is doing/capable of doing 1, 2, or 3 above?
    I don’t believe so.

Accept Mediocrity? #4 is pretty funny too. Thanks for the laugh.

Let that sink in

Last edited by 13 - 3; 12-04-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavan30 View Post
    Real question here, with watching the first 21 games do you believe Gentry is doing/capable of doing 1, 2, or 3 above?
    I don’t believe so.
    The majority of the people agree with you. Gentry sucks and it’s apparent. It’s not like he’s going to just instantly become good when players get healthy. The more realistic thing is to get excited about the lottery and the draft as long as he is the coach. He’s absolutely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    The majority of the people agree with you. Gentry sucks and it’s apparent. It’s not like he’s going to just instantly become good when players get healthy. The more realistic thing is to get excited about the lottery and the draft as long as he is the coach. He’s absolutely horrible.
    When and if Zion/Favors/Ingram/Jrue all get time on the floor together, they will probably start winning and probably a lot.

But I'd like a coach that can squeeze Ws with what they have now. At least able to split with OKC and win the home games. Just have to trust Griffin's sees the same at this point.

Restricted minutes when Zion returns?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Restricted minutes when Zion returns?
    Of course. Al will take him out in crunch time once his minutes are reached. I’m pretty sure people on this board can in game coach better. I have no doubt.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Hell does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Hell does this mean?
    I saw that. I’m guessing he looks better than people think.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    And I saw someone, can’t find the tweet, saying Zion is on the court already. Maybe not full speed. But he’s shooting.

I hope so. I just can’t wait till Melli isn’t playing center. The four guard/Melli lineup is one I can live without.

Is Jimmy Butler this good, or is Spoelstra that good of a coach? The Heat turn around is amazing. They are a top 3 East team, imo.

And I saw someone, can’t find the tweet, saying Zion is on the court already. Maybe not full speed. But he’s shooting.
    Radio guy said he's doing light walk throughs, but hasnt been cleared to put much weight on the knee.

People only think Gentry sucks because they're wanting to "win now". The same mindset we took into the AD era. When you look at the antiGentry complaints, it's all "win now" complaints....like...'why do that lineup' and 'why let so and so do such and such when they are not great at such snd such'. If we stick with thr slow and steady rebuild model.....YOU EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT LINEUPS AND LET PLAYERS DEVELOP SKILLS THEY AREN'T GREAT AT!!!

You also sitout players longer than usual so that they heal properly.

We are doing exactly what we set out to do. At some point, the fans lost sight of the slow rebuild model.

They said during the game that he was doing on court work but just walking through sets and rotations. No contact yet. So he is likely shooting again.

People only think Gentry sucks because they're wanting to "win now". The same mindset we took into the AD era. When you look at the antiGentry complaints, it's all "win now" complaints....like...'why do that lineup' and 'why let so and so do such and such when they are not great at such snd such'. If we stick with thr slow and steady rebuild model.....YOU EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT LINEUPS AND LET PLAYERS DEVELOP SKILLS THEY AREN'T GREAT AT!!!

You also sitout players longer than usual so that they heal properly.

We are doing exactly what we set out to do. At some point, the fans lost sight of the slow rebuild model.
    I totally get this but that is not what we were told. DG said we want to win now.

We were promised punch and pie! I'm going home...

Ok. Yeah. I get that. Lol

And the OKC losses hurt. Dallas didn't bother me. They are on fire.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 12-04-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Of course. Al will take him out in crunch time once his minutes are reached. I’m pretty sure people on this board can in game coach better. I have no doubt.
    Take him out in 4th qtr.

Thread Information