.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 76 to 99 of 99

Thread: Ledlow’s report seems to be right about Zion

  1. #76
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Stop worrying. He’s fine.
    Attachment 6509
    Fat? Looks like he has hit the Lean Cusine’s .

  2. #77
    https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/sta...706781190?s=19

    Growing resignation around the team Zion won't make his debut until 2020.

  3. #78
    tHeRe'S bEeN nO sEtBaCkS....

    I need someone to post a this is fine gif.

  4. #79
    I barely know how to post pics as attachments on this site. Much less gif. Lol

  5. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/sta...706781190?s=19

    Growing resignation around the team Zion won't make his debut until 2020.
    Not a huge deal to me. We kind of already expected him not to play until late December, doesn't really make too much difference to me if it's December 27th or January 3rd. If it's longer than that, Griff needs to put out another statement. Can't go around saying 6 to 8 weeks, and then have it go 10, 11, 12 weeks without comment.

    What does slightly annoy me though is the idea that it's ''growing resignation''. If it's growing, how long as it been growing for? Since before Griff did that mid-game interview? If so, why didn't he mention it then? Of course he said that it might not be 8 weeks, but the example he gave was that if Zion was ready in 7, he'd play, and if it took him 10, he'd play. Now we're hearing ''growing resignation'' that it could be 11 weeks or more?

    The only reasons for a surgery like this keeping someone out for 3 months (which 12 weeks would be) is if either

    A) The internal metrics Zion has to reach to come back are ridiculously high
    or
    B) There's been a complication

    It it's A, then they need to be more reasonable. If it's B, then all of the talk we've heard about him progressing perfectly well, along expected times, etc, is a lie and that's an issue with FO communication to the fanbase.
    Tyrese Maxey/Isaac Okoro/Oscar Tshiebwe/Onyeka Okongwu/Nico Mannion endorser.

  6. #81
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27,940
    The whole thing about benchmarks and conditioning. My guess is the knee is fine. They’re possibly getting some early work at reshaping Zion’s body.

  7. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not a huge deal to me. We kind of already expected him not to play until late December, doesn't really make too much difference to me if it's December 27th or January 3rd. If it's longer than that, Griff needs to put out another statement. Can't go around saying 6 to 8 weeks, and then have it go 10, 11, 12 weeks without comment.

    What does slightly annoy me though is the idea that it's ''growing resignation''. If it's growing, how long as it been growing for? Since before Griff did that mid-game interview? If so, why didn't he mention it then? Of course he said that it might not be 8 weeks, but the example he gave was that if Zion was ready in 7, he'd play, and if it took him 10, he'd play. Now we're hearing ''growing resignation'' that it could be 11 weeks or more?

    The only reasons for a surgery like this keeping someone out for 3 months (which 12 weeks would be) is if either

    A) The internal metrics Zion has to reach to come back are ridiculously high
    or
    B) There's been a complication

    It it's A, then they need to be more reasonable. If it's B, then all of the talk we've heard about him progressing perfectly well, along expected times, etc, is a lie and that's an issue with FO communication to the fanbase.
    8 weeks would be Dec 16th. So if it indeed goes into 2020 then we'd already be pushing 10+ weeks. What you cannot have is Griff come on TV in the middle of a game and say "there's been no setbacks" then have news break a couple of days later that Zion won't play until we'll past his time frame.

  8. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    8 weeks would be Dec 16th. So if it indeed goes into 2020 then we'd already be pushing 10+ weeks. What you cannot have is Griff come on TV in the middle of a game and say "there's been no setbacks" then have news break a couple of days later that Zion won't play until we'll past his time frame.
    But he said it could be 10 weeks.

    This isn’t breaking news. This is stepping on a story and making 2 stories out of one we already heard.

  9. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    8 weeks would be Dec 16th. So if it indeed goes into 2020 then we'd already be pushing 10+ weeks. What you cannot have is Griff come on TV in the middle of a game and say "there's been no setbacks" then have news break a couple of days later that Zion won't play until we'll past his time frame.
    Yeah, but Griff did at least mention the possibility of 10 weeks in that interview. He said they have internal metrics they need him to meet, and if he meets them in 7 then he'll play in 7 but if it takes 10, it'll take 10. So fine.

    8 weeks is December 16th, you're right, so 10 weeks is December 30th. Fine. Not a huge deal: we have a game on the 27th anyway, so maybe a return then. That would fall roughly in line with the 10 weeks Griff has at least mentioned once before. It's once we get closer to 12 weeks (which would take us into January) that it really starts becoming a real time-line issue with me because then it's a surgery with a possible return time of 6 weeks taking 3 months. That's suspect.

    The issue, to me, is if it goes beyond that 10 weeks by any significant margin. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I'm pretty sure I've heard Griff say that Zion would play in December. So, like I said, if that's not the case then either there has been a complication and Griff needs to communicate that, or their internal standards are impractically strict.

  10. #85
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    But he said it could be 10 weeks.

    This isn’t breaking news. This is stepping on a story and making 2 stories out of one we already heard.
    He really spun the answer pretty well. Again with Brees injury we had a definite timetable. Loomis was giving out updates every other day it seemed like almost. I wish Grif. Would do the same.

  11. #86
    I'm so tired of this.

  12. #87
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    I'm so tired of this.
    And they think the answer is to draw this out longer since there are no setbacks .

  13. #88
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,691
    I wouldn’t be surprised if it the weight. He’s probably losing weight as well as rehabbing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #89
    They should just shut him down for the season and have him go through a proper training camp next season before putting him out there.

    Why take a risk in a lost season anyway?

    Pels are way better off tanking and finding a half decent wing in next year’s draft to pair with Zion, Hayes and Holliday.

  15. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    They should just shut him down for the season and have him go through a proper training camp next season before putting him out there.

    Why take a risk in a lost season anyway?

    Pels are way better off tanking and finding a half decent wing in next year’s draft to pair with Zion, Hayes and Holliday.
    They can do that wether he plays or not.

    And if he's healthy, its better to play him. It's much easier keeping weight down playing games every other day than not playing at all.

  16. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    They should just shut him down for the season and have him go through a proper training camp next season before putting him out there.

    Why take a risk in a lost season anyway?

    Pels are way better off tanking and finding a half decent wing in next year’s draft to pair with Zion, Hayes and Holliday.
    You forgot to mention Ingram in your group of Hayes, Zion, and Jrue. Heck, I would open the bank up for Ingram and let the dominos fall on everyone else.

    I agree with Luckyman, Zion playing will help him reduce his weight and build stamina. If he isn’t back this season, and I had purchased tickets right after we drafted Zion I would demand a refund in full, because nobody would have wasted good money on this bad product.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  17. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Fat? Looks like he has hit the Lean Cusine’s .
    He needs to hit them courts now.

  18. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    You forgot to mention Ingram in your group of Hayes, Zion, and Jrue. Heck, I would open the bank up for Ingram and let the dominos fall on everyone else.

    I agree with Luckyman, Zion playing will help him reduce his weight and build stamina. If he isn’t back this season, and I had purchased tickets right after we drafted Zion I would demand a refund in full, because nobody would have wasted good money on this bad product.
    This is something I think a lot of people aren't thinking about when it comes to Zion.

    Even if holding him out a full year when he's physically totally ready to play was a good idea (my view: it is not a good idea, will stunt his development for no reason, etc etc), you have to consider that the NBA is a ticket-selling venture. People paid in advance to see a Pelicans team with Zion Williamson on it. People understand that players can't play if they're injured, but if they are healthy, and without other extenuating circumstances, they want to see the players play.

    How on earth do the people who propose Zion sit out the full year think Griff should go about telling people ''Oh yeah, he's healthy, he's been working out, doing practices, for like the last month but we're not gonna play him because idk, I just don't see the point lol''?

  19. #94
    I didn't realize he said it might be 10 weeks in the interview. Ok then that puts the time line right at the start of the year. Makes more sense now.

  20. #95
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I didn't realize he said it might be 10 weeks in the interview. Ok then that puts the time line right at the start of the year. Makes more sense now.
    Do I hear 11? 11 weeks? Going once? Going twice?

  21. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Do I hear 11? 11 weeks? Going once? Going twice?
    11 months*

  22. #97
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    11 months*
    11 months? You are a big spender!

  23. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Stop worrying. He’s fine.
    Attachment 6509
    That's a pretty amazing physique for a 19 year old

  24. #99
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    5,999
    I think the knee is "getting there" and he would be able to play shortly after the new year. But PLEASE take as much time as he needs, and if they feel shelving him for the rest of this season is the better play, then Im fine with it. This season is lost.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •