Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 3rd December - New Orleans Pelicans vs Dallas Mavericks - 6-14

You have to have a plan B. As others have rightly said, we don’t have a floor general to run a freelance system. As a result, it turns into chaotic, ugly basketball. It’s blatantly obvious that Gentry cannot adapt without a lead guard. That much is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I just dont get why you never see any actions to try and score near the basket.

It's just a difficult solo drive to the rim or somebody bombs a three.

It's perplexing.
    It's so irritating. Nobody cuts. Whenever Hayes rolls, nobody finds him: sometimes nobody even seems to look for him. It's like the entire team is mildly offended by the idea of scoring within 5 feet of the hoop.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    JACKSON MISSED A THREGRWHW KKMGZZZ TEADE HKMZZZ
    Frank sux, let's be fair

Something needs to be done. Tonight. Right now. Gentry can't keep surviving this BS. What in the holy hell do they still see in this decrepit coach?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Frank sux, let's be fair
    Frank is, according to PIPM measurements, the 13th worst player in the NBA this year.

He is saved from being the worst by such luminaries as Jordan Poole, Dennis Smith Jr, Darius Garland, and Cam Reddish.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    Something needs to be done. Tonight. Right now. Gentry can't keep surviving this BS. What in the holy hell do they still see in this decrepit coach?
    He's a nice man.

Galaxy Brain Genius analysis from Alvin ''40 threes' Gentry

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's so irritating. Nobody cuts. Whenever Hayes rolls, nobody finds him: sometimes nobody even seems to look for him. It's like the entire team is mildly offended by the idea of scoring within 5 feet of the hoop.
    Yep. It’s one of the reasons why the Boogie experiment didn’t take off before his injury. We had him jacking 3’s and trying to drive from the 3 point line. We didn’t have him utilized in the paint and the movement wasn’t good enough from our guys then either. One thing has been a constant. The head coach.

Because defense isn't a priority or a reality.

He's a nice man.
    Whoopty bloody doo. That's doing this franchise a huge solid. Might as well extend him for 8 years. We have the nicest darn coach in the NBA. Coaching prowess? The hell with that nonsense!

God I want it to end.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    Whoopty bloody doo. That's doing this franchise a huge solid. Might as well extend him for 8 years. We have the nicest darn coach in the NBA. Coaching prowess? The hell with that nonsense!

God I want it to end.
    Hey, you asked what they see in him, I was just answering never said it was a good answer

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar

Why is this so funny? He might as well have said “ you can’t win the game if you score less than the opponent”. He’s as good as fried. It might be best for his health to step down. Dude looks like he got hit with Pepper Spray at the end of each game. Eyes and face all swollen and the look like he just got wrongly convicted of something.

Offense is predicated on skill. For the most past, Defense is simply desire and 'want to'.

This team, under this coach, shows neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Why is this so funny? He might as well have said “ you can’t win the game if you score less than the opponent”. He’s as good as fried. It might be best for his health to step down. Dude looks like he got hit with Pepper Spray at the end of each game. Eyes and face all swollen and the look like he just got wrongly convicted of something.
    Interviewer: ''Alvin, the game was pretty close through the first quarter but things started to unravel a little bit in the second there. Do you think that was a result in the change in offense the bench guys brought in, or do you think that Dallas just started making some of those difficult shots they missed early?''

Alvin Gentry: ''Basketball is a sport played by two teams. Each team must place exactly 5 players on the court at any one time; the object of the game is to score points by inserting the ball into one of two hoops which is assigned to your own team. The winner of the game is the team to have scored the larger number of points after the total in-game time of 48 minutes has passed. Players must dribble the ball in order to move, and once the dribble has been picked up again it must either be passed or shot; any attempt to begin a new dribble is a violation of the rules. Players can tally points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, turnovers, and personal fouls; these statistics are recorded on what is called a ''box score'' by the scoring officials of each game, and -''

Interviewer: ''Okay thank you Alvin.''

Hey, you asked what they see in him, I was just answering never said it was a good answer
    I know. Not faulting you, just flying off the handle now so I don't develop an ulcer or two from bottled in disappointment and anger in the future.

Basketball Guru
    this loss should tell if this team has any pride come next game.....i know we missing players but pride has to kick in next game...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    this loss should tell if this team has any pride come next game.....i know we missing players but pride has to kick in next game...
    Last game should have done that. We lost to OKC, another below .500 team, twice in a row, both on the road and at home. If that doesn't kick you in the gut, nothing will.

It should have kicked in three weeks ago.

If they didn't, who can blame them? This system is so destructive to both mind and body.

This is the worst I have seen the fans all year. It’s as clear as day, the preseason hype is long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    This is the worst I have seen the fans all year. It’s as clear as day, the preseason hype is long gone
    Can we go back to those good times? When I had pride in this team?

Interviewer: ''Alvin, the game was pretty close through the first quarter but things started to unravel a little bit in the second there. Do you think that was a result in the change in offense the bench guys brought in, or do you think that Dallas just started making some of those difficult shots they missed early?''

Alvin Gentry: ''Basketball is a sport played by two teams. Each team must place exactly 5 players on the court at any one time; the object of the game is to score points by inserting the ball into one of two hoops which is assigned to your own team. The winner of the game is the team to have scored the larger number of points after the total in-game time of 48 minutes has passed. Players must dribble the ball in order to move, and once the dribble has been picked up again it must either be passed or shot; any attempt to begin a new dribble is a violation of the rules. Players can tally points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, turnovers, and personal fouls; these statistics are recorded on what is called a ''box score'' by the scoring officials of each game, and -''

Interviewer: ''Okay thank you Alvin.''
    And yet NY are looking at sacking their coach, but good old New Orleans will keep Gentry for another year.
    If NY are the laughing stock then I don't think New Orleans is far behind.

Might not be the answer, but keeping Alvin isn't the answer either.

After losing 5 straight, and this is what we got on National TV.. and you want pride in the next game? Lol this team ain’t got no pride man! Putting up a stinker against OKC the other night proves it.

An offensive goal should not and should never be shooting 40 threes. Thats an outcome not a goal.

During training camp, you never just concentrate on defense and "offense will take care of itself." You need to practice both ends.

Those were two very ominous omens that are showing its *** right now.

I wonder if the Knicks would trade Elfrid for Bozo straight up.

Thread Information