Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 3rd December - New Orleans Pelicans vs Dallas Mavericks - 6-14

TNT needs to cue up a movie and break away from this mess.

Doncic has played 28 minutes for his 33/18/5.

Bets that he doesn't even come back into this game, now that we're down 18 in the 4th?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Coaching can't correct Frank Jackson and Lonzo failing to communicate who was guarding the damn ball carrier. There was barely even an offensive action to get confused on.

That's street ball stuff.
    Proper coaching will tell Lonzo to drive to the rim and stop shooting 3s. I dont care if he misses the layup or turns it over. Just stop shooting 3s and try to break down the defense. You are a point guard.

But its not happening.

The Franchise
    I wouldn't be surprised if Ball finds himself out of the league.. I'm no longer optimistic about him as a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    We are so bad that We can start talking about NBA Draft in 2020...
    I'm way ahead of you

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    So... Either a 2, 3rd, or 4th quarter collapse. Pick how you want your heart broken.
    Correct answer was All of the Above Are Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Ball finds himself out of the league.. I'm no longer optimistic about him as a prospect.
    He's got so many tools but the decision making is just so bad that the tools become irrelevant. It's almost scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Correct answer was All of the Above Are Correct.
    I mean, Porzingis has shot 2 of 11 from the floor, has 1 assist, 4 fouls, and is a -13 on the game. I think my take that he's been awful holds up

Hall of Famer
    If this mavs team ever gets a legit second option they could be unbeatable

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Proper coaching will tell Lonzo to drive to the rim and stop shooting 3s. I dont care if he misses the layup or turns it over. Just stop shooting 3s and try to break down the defense. You are a point guard.

But its not happening.
    At what point is it the player's responsibility? This isn't NBA 2K.

Like that missed dunk. Can proper coaching fix Jrue blowing dunks? Missing FTs short? Players dribbling off their foot? Constantly stepping out of bounds?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    The Pels have made zero progress this season on either end. That’s alarming

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's got so many tools but the decision making is just so bad that the tools become irrelevant. It's almost scary.
    I just can't defend what I'm seeing from him. He's pathetic. I don't want him on any team that I root for.

Like that missed dunk. Can proper coaching fix Jrue blowing dunks? Missing FTs short? Players dribbling off their foot? Constantly stepping out of bounds?
    Well if he ever coached them, then it would be ok to blame the players. It’s clear they aren’t being coached when Lonzo is allowed to shoot 10 3s. Let’s be real.

I'd call it the player's responsibility once they are a vet. Lonzo is not a vet. He's 22.

If I'm a head coach and I tell him to drive and set some screens so he can drive, I guarantee you he wouldn't shoot 10 of 12 shots from 24 ft.

But here, Gentry is fine with that. Thats a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Come on now. You take away any teams best player and they aren’t that good. Take away Giannis and tell me if the Bucks are a 1 dead. Take Lebron or AD away from the Lakers and see how good they are consistently. Embiid from Sixers, Harden from Rockets. Not saying Zion is on their level yet but he is that important to our team especially considering we have no PFs to help out.
    Comparing a guy who hasn't played a game to Giannis, Harden and Lebron....are you kidding?
    Until Zion play's he is just hype.

Don't get me wrong I think he will be a super star, but don't use that as an argument.
    This team needs more than just Zion to be a top 4 in the West.

This is amazing.

Out of timeout. Jrue Iso.

The Mavs starters are literally sitting on the bench LAUGHING AT US!!!

Trade Jrue who disappears in the second half.... who also can dunk.

Fire Gentry and bring in a Soccer coach for all I care.

This is a joke!

Of course not, but if Gentry actually ran an offense instead of having ''I want 40 threes a game'' being his baseline for all success, maybe we'd see some slight progress in the overall performance. Similarly, if he didn't insist on playing the ridiculous lineups he seems to love so much (tonight he rolled out 4 guards + Melli for several straight minutes) we might have something slightly more together.

We are now 21 games into the season (counting tonight), and not a single 5 man lineup of ours has hit even 90 minutes together. That's just absurd.

We're a top 5 shooting team in the NBA this season. Using tonight as the standard as if that's what normally happens is silly.

That said, even if they do pack the paint, Zion will still drive, and he'll still finish. Defenses packed the paint when he was at Duke too because there was literally not a single shooter on that team, an he still shot 70+% at the rim. That's just elite finishing for you.

I'm not saying that this will suddenly make us win a ton of games or anything, it won't. But Zion will score in the paint, which will improve our thusfar dismal paint scoring. Not a real crazy claim of me to make there.
    Comparing college to the NBA as a standard isn't really good evaluation either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Out of timeout. Jrue Iso.

I just screamed at tv because of that play.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Comparing college to the NBA as a standard isn't really good evaluation either.

You're right. When Zion finally plays he'll spot up in the corner for 6 threes a game, and he'll score at 40% inside the paint.

This is cringeworthy. Why even bother man?

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    This is cringeworthy. Why even bother man?
    They don't.

Thread Information