Pelicans Report

Thread: Could you see Chris Paul returning here?

Could you see Chris Paul returning here?

Now that he has been humbled could you see him returning to finish his career where is began?

Nevermind. Just saw the contract numbers. Yikes for some reason I thought he was a UFA after this season. Oh well carry on.

Not really.

Huge contract that would be nearly impossible to trade for, that would tie us up with long-term money for huge dollar sums per year, despite an obviously declining state of play. Given the fact that Miami, for example, actually seems to want him, I can't imagine that OKC would give him up cheap either: he'd probably cost us either youth we'd want to keep (Hayes, NAW, for example) or picks that we'd want to keep. Or, potentially, both.

And by the time he's a free agent, he'll be 37 and probably about ready to retire.

If he wants to return for a 10 day contract at the end of his career for that Swan-Song like Paul Pierce did with Boston, then sure, but I can't imagine it.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Nevermind. Just saw the contract numbers. Yikes for some reason I thought he was a UFA after this season. Oh well carry on.

basically

I don't want Chris Paul to return here.

CP is fat now too. Is that Marc Spears on the left? ESPN needs to put him on a diet too.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Lonzo is the point guard we need. He needs to put on more muscle and be a man by going to the basket. He needs to be more like Livingston and develop some post moves and learn to really attack inside. He has the athleticism and the size. What’s the problem????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Lonzo is the point guard we need. He needs to put on more muscle and be a man by going to the basket. He needs to be more like Livingston and develop some post moves and learn to really attack inside. He has the athleticism and the size. What’s the problem????
    The problem is that Lonzo's a perennially injured PG with absolutely zero touch around the basket and a debilitating fear of contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The problem is that Lonzo's a perennially injured PG with absolutely zero touch around the basket and a debilitating fear of contact.
    I think Lonzo Ball will never be more than a backup level NBA point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I think Lonzo Ball will never be more than a backup level NBA point guard.
    If even that. He thinks he has a 'Steph' shot, but it looks more like a 'Stephanie' shot. That said, I could live with his poor mechanics if he had any kind of Basketball IQ at all

Too, the nut never falls far from the tree.
    Last edited by As I See It; 12-02-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    If even that. He thinks he has a 'Steph' shot, but it looks more like a 'Stephanie' shot.
    You mean Seth shot.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    You mean Seth shot.
    Seth's a career 43% three point shooter on 3.6 shots a game. I wish Lonzo had a Seth shot

Thread Information