Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 1st December - New Orleans Pelicans VS OKC Thunder 6-13

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    This team:

God almighty this team is frustrating

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Well, we did better at the end of the game...

But still people aren't getting what Redick said.

Christ, I keep forgetting how young key players on this team are.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Holy Hell?! What are we witnessing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm gonna venture a guess that no one in the modern era has come CLOSE to matching numbers like that for an 82 game season.
    It's impossible to be absolutely certain because shot-tracking data isn't publicly available from before about 2000, but no, as far as I'm aware nobody has ever shot 60% from midrange in any season at all, let alone in tandem with 45%+ from 3.

Closest I can think of is Durant shooting 56% from midrange in 2016-17, but even he only shot 38% from three that year.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I knew Ingram's insanely hot shooting would cool off eventually. He just has to make it through his slump.
    Ingram was 8 for 18.. and 2 for 3 from 3.. He's not in a slump..

EDIT.. He was also a plus 9.. all the other starters are in the negative.. He set a lot of guys up this game for shots they didn't make..

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Glad i didnt waste time watching this one. Checked in with a minute left. Looks like i missed more of the same. Lonzo not driving and shooting only 3's.

That is a coaching problem. You sit his ****** on the bench until he starts driving. Tell him to stop with launching 8 3's. WTF.

I just don't know how you can defend giving Jackson and NAW zero playing time AND lose the game. Either we're playing to get wins... In which case we should be winning, or we need to give minutes to the players we need to develop. Especially Jackson. A decision has to be made on him this summer because his contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Ingram was 8 for 18.. and 2 for 3 from 3.. He's not in a slump..
    He was shooting 37.5% on the game when Eman posted that (he hit some shots late). The game before this, he shot well overall but was 0-3 from three. The game before that he went 4 of 21 for 19% shooting, including 2 of 11 from deep. The game before that he shot 40% from the floor.

It is absolutely fair to call that a slump.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Glad i didnt waste time watching this one. Checked in with a minute left. Looks like i missed more of the same. Lonzo not driving and shooting only 3's.

That is a coaching problem. You sit his ****** on the bench until he starts driving. Tell him to stop with launching 8 3's. WTF.
    You are missing one of the finest coaching tragedies of all time. Any other team would have canned this guy after 10 games. But, if you love this team, you are forced to suffer miserable end of game situations every other game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I just don't know how you can defend giving Jackson and NAW zero playing time AND lose the game. Either we're playing to get wins... In which case we should be winning, or we need to give minutes to the players we need to develop. Especially Jackson. A decision has to be made on him this summer because his contract is up.
    Exactly. If we're going to lose games, it had better be because we're feeding tons of minutes to the youth and seeing them grow.

If we're losing in games where we give Moore 18 minutes and don't let NAW touch the floor, then there's something gravely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This coach is a tragedy to this organization. He has cost them a franchise player and now the new found life they had from the offseason. I know a lot of season ticket holders and they are disgusted.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He was shooting 37.5% on the game when Eman posted that (he hit some shots late). The game before this, he shot well overall but was 0-3 from three. The game before that he went 4 of 21 for 19% shooting, including 2 of 11 from deep. The game before that he shot 40% from the floor.

It is absolutely fair to call that a slump.
    Well considering how you post on Ingram I would expect you to agree.. Bottom line.. this isn't the game to make that argument with. I'll reiterate.. 2 for 3 from 3.. and 8 for 18.. He's not in a slump. Period...

I guess now we know exactly what ''Fearless Alvin'' means. It means he can keep coaching precisely as poorly as he was before, but now he's not scared of losing his job.

Basketball Guru
    jj was calling for the 3 and jrue just dribble time down to take the 2......

lonzo should have been posting schroder up and trying to draw fouls on him to get schroder out the game....schroder just had his way getting to the rim...

Well considering how you post on Ingram I would expect you to agree.. Bottom line.. this isn't the game to make that argument with. I'll reiterate.. 2 for 3 from 3.. and 8 for 18.. He's not in a slump. Period...
    Like I said, you are posting statistics to invalidate his claim that did not exist when he posted that comment. When he wrote that, Ingram was shooting 37.5% on the game. Which is not good.

He hit some shots after that, which brought his percentages up. Obviously that is good, and it means that he finished the game stronger. Cool. But at the time of Eman posting that, Ingram absolutely had not been shooting well all game. That's just the literal material facts of the matter.

From the end of the 3rd until about 8 minutes left in the 4th, this team attempted 7 straight 3 pointers.

I think defenses are now keying on Ingram as well. That has made him shoot tougher shots all together.

The Franchise
    Of all the top 10 scorers in the league which Brandon is... There is only one with a higher FG%.. There is only one with a higher 3pt FG%..

Another game that we would have won by double digits had it been officiated evenly. Sigh.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Like I said, you are posting statistics to invalidate his claim that did not exist when he posted that comment. When he wrote that, Ingram was shooting 37.5% on the game. Which is not good.

He hit some shots after that, which brought his percentages up. Obviously that is good, and it means that he finished the game stronger. Cool. But at the time of Eman posting that, Ingram absolutely had not been shooting well all game. That's just the literal material facts of the matter.
    BS.. He hadn't shot well all game when he was 4 for 7 at one point... That's a bogus take..

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I think defenses are now keying on Ingram as well. That has made him shoot tougher shots all together.
    Yes, and he actually made passes out of double teams on the block which generated open looks for others.. Glad he didn't force it on those possessions. When Zion is back, good luck trying to load up on Ingram or Zion..

BS.. He hadn't shot well all game when he was 4 for 7 at one point... That's a bogus take..

My bad, I forgot that Ingram can do no wrong

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Another game that we would have won by double digits had it been officiated evenly. Sigh.
    Or coached competently.

Truly horrible coaching. No offensive sets lead to iso plays. Defensively, no adjustments made to opponent plays that work over and over. The Pels are the laughingstock of the NBA right now. I went through this with the Mavs in the 90s with the 3 Js and it takes years to get out of this. All of the good will during the summer will be gone, and some fans just won’t return. Zion is going to stay for this?
    Sorry for the long post, I am super frustrated.

Thread Information