Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 29th November - New Orleans Pelicans @ OKC Thunder - 6-12

Our guys just blew this game with so many missed opportunities all night long

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    no finishing kick...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    This team is the literal opposite of clutch.

I love them, but they shrink in the spotlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We are talking about Jrue Holiday.
    I'm not trying to be a smart ****** or anything Pelicanidae.. what does that mean?
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Everyone ready to hear about how we just missed shots, and they just made shots, and how it was a perfect storm and they played hard and we started off slow and that's on us?
    That’s what happened.. pretty simple

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    JJ isn't really a late game shooter, is he? Not when you need to take the lead or tie things up.

I am starting to get scared that players like Ingram are going to want out if this keeps up. This is worse than the Lakers last year. Zion can't fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    That was a really stupid shot by Brandon.. as he get's more experience he'll learn not to take those kind of shots with the game on the line..

He was trying to get a swing through on CP3 becuse of how tight he was trying to play. I understand what he was thinking but since it didn’t workout it obviously looked bad. In hindsight not a good shot but it made sense

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    I'm not trying to be a smart ****** or anything Pelicanidae.. what does that mean?
    Jrue doesn't get foul calls. He gets clobbered all the time, whenever he enters the paint, and you're lucky if you get the call once out of every ten tries. Whenever a strategy with Jrue relies on ''and then he gets the whistle'', it's a shaky strategy because he doesn't get the whistle.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Where have you been!? Love ya 2 bro haha!
    I'd like to know where you were when I was getting my *** kicked in here defending Ingram lol..

Granted this happened when I first joined. lol

I am starting to get scared that players line Ingram are going to want out if this keeps up. This is worse than the Lakers last year
    Absolutely no shot Ingram passes up on a deal we can offer him. You are talking about 22 year old kids that are developing. They actually understand these are growing pains that are part of the process but the fans don’t..

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    im a different kat...ill take the 8th seed all day...my mindset is once you are in the dance then you have a chance.....anything can happen,,injuries,,team get hot and play together and an upset can happen....plus i love going to playoff games win or loose....
    A team with your leading scorer being lead by Reddick and Jrue just ain't for me.

NAW been benched Portland. 1-4. What's the point if you're going to lose anyway.

Yet another game that descended into iso-ball towards the end.

Sometimes that works. More often than not it doesn't.

There is no reason, ever, for Redick to be trying to take people off the dribble in the final minutes of a close game. Ever, really, but especially then.

If there's less than a minute on the shotclock and someone who is 0-2 from behind the arc that game has the ball, and not only does nobody else move, or screen, or even JUMP to call for a pass, but that player doesn't even put the ball on the floor to try and get rhythm or drive? That's just inexcusable.

I am starting to get scared that players like Ingram are going to want out if this keeps up. This is worse than the Lakers last year. Zion can't fix this.
    I don't get the feeling he's like that. You could see at the end of the game he took it really personally. Anyway, he's restricted no matter what.

Jrue doesn't get foul calls. He gets clobbered all the time, whenever he enters the paint, and you're lucky if you get the call once out of every ten tries. Whenever a strategy with Jrue relies on ''and then he gets the whistle'', it's a shaky strategy because he doesn't get the whistle.
    Okay. Maybe part of it though is that he has no physicality around the rim. He looks like he is trying to avoid contact to me instead of playing through it.

Absolutely no shot Ingram passes up on a deal we can offer him. You are talking about 22 year old kids that are developing. They actually understand these are growing pains that are part of the process but the fans don’t..
    We got to extend him. He is a nice piece to keep when the young core get good enough to take the reigns and he'll be entering his prime.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I don’t understand why Redick is starting to shoot so many awful shots. He cost them this game. Just wouldn’t stop shooting until they came back. How does a guy get the green light to shoot as many off balanced shots as he wants in crunch time. Then the team leader gets his shot blocked as usual in crunch time. Jrue was pathetic tonight. Constantly left Shroeder open and walked in for a fast break layup. I’ve never seen someone do that on a fast break. He deserved to get it blocked off of him.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Anyway, he's restricted no matter what.
    True but in fairness, I'm never a huge fan of the whole ''match them to keep them regardless of what they think'' strategy. Maybe this is just me having bad vibes about it, but if someone actively wants to be elsewhere regardless of contract, jsut let them go. Don't want any players to be forced to stay and resent it. No more Eric Gordon situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I'd like to know where you were when I was getting my *** kicked in here defending Ingram lol..

Granted this happened when I first joined. lol

LoL you have no idea how hard I had to defend Ingram against a few idiots here. Many here will tell you I carried the torch haha. This was well before we had even made the trade but when people were throwing around trade options. My favorite trade option turned out to be exactly what we got. Only difference I had was Kuzma included and less first round picks. Having Zion I obviously rather have the picks than Kuz. Exactly what Ingram is doing is exactly what I said he was going to do and I took heat for it.

Okay. Maybe part of it though is that he has no physicality around the rim. He looks like he is trying to avoid contact to me instead of playing through it.
    Possibly because he knows he won't get the call anyway and it's not worth sacrificing your body for nothing?

I mean, we've had stretches over the past few years where he's been damn near flagrant fouled 5 times in a week and no calls. The refs just do not care about calling fouls for him. I'd probably be discouraged from getting smacked in the face fifteen times a game for nothing too.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Yup. He has a lot of footwork to go around defenders instead of through them.

The Franchise
    He was trying to get a swing through on CP3 becuse of how tight he was trying to play. I understand what he was thinking but since it didn’t workout it obviously looked bad. In hindsight not a good shot but it made sense
    I agree, you just don't take those kind of chances when the game is on the line. You're putting the game in the hands of the ref, and hoping to catch CP3 instead of trying to create a good look for yourself or your teammates.

Yet another game that descended into iso-ball towards the end.

Sometimes that works. More often than not it doesn't.

There is no reason, ever, for Redick to be trying to take people off the dribble in the final minutes of a close game. Ever, really, but especially then.

If there's less than a minute on the shotclock and someone who is 0-2 from behind the arc that game has the ball, and not only does nobody else move, or screen, or even JUMP to call for a pass, but that player doesn't even put the ball on the floor to try and get rhythm or drive? That's just inexcusable.
    Lmao!

True but in fairness, I'm never a huge fan of the whole ''match them to keep them regardless of what they think'' strategy. Maybe this is just me having bad vibes about it, but if someone actively wants to be elsewhere regardless of contract, jsut let them go. Don't want any players to be forced to stay and resent it. No more Eric Gordon situations.
    True, but nor it is AD after 7 seasons situation. He's happy here. Change my mind.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I don’t understand why Redick is starting to shoot so many awful shots. He cost them this game. Just wouldn’t stop shooting until they came back. How does a guy get the green light to shoot as many off balanced shots as he wants in crunch time. Then the team leader gets his shot blocked as usual in crunch time. Jrue was pathetic tonight. Constantly left Shroeder open and walked in for a fast break layup. I’ve never seen someone do that on a fast break. He deserved to get it blocked off of him.
    Who slows down on a fast break towards the rim? Is that some reverse psychology that he thought would work? LOL

I was screaming at the TV on that one. You go hard to the rim, or you go home.

Thread Information