Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 29th November - New Orleans Pelicans @ OKC Thunder - 6-12

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    “We didn’t execute or make shots”. “Got too many turnovers, and you just can’t do that or it’s going to lead to a loss”.

Post Game Gentry
    You forgot to mention how it was a perfect storm.
    Basketball.

Nice run

how is something like that could be a foul? that was a borderline hail merry.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    When Hart shoots on balance, he's money.

This is what... NAW's 3rd game on the bench. Gentry must be desperate to save the season.

I really don't like that...

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I blame the wild, difficult, unnecessary Redick 3s on coaching.

I'm not going to just blame Gentry. Gentry, Bzdelik, and Finch have all been poor this year.
    JJ has done this his entire career. He has taken 3s this way since I have followed him at Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    This is what... NAW's 3rd game on the bench. Gentry must be desperate to save the season.

I really don't like that...
    It's weird, I think he's taken the whole ''we're playing to win'' idea in a very unbalanced way. To me, in a team like ours with the youth and development process we have, it means that we never go out 'tanking' to lose on purpose; that we play hard and we do our best while developing the younger guys.

To Gentry, it seems to mean that his number 1 priority is winning every game, and he doesn't care if he has to tank the development to do it.

Maybe that sounds weird given the fact that he's actually gone with Hayes for a while now, but I think that has to be understood as a product of Okafor AND Favors being injured; NAW, as you've said, has only really come out when there's no other options and as soon as anyone got back healthy he's been chucked away again.

NAW played himself to the bench. His time will come so what’s the rush? You don’t play guys who aren’t ready yet if you don’t have to. NAW is one of my favorites but he isn’t ready yet. If we get to the point where playoffs are out of reach I’m sure he will see plenty of time. Gentry have him the opportunity after a strong summer league but he didn’t seize it.

Gentry finally realized we got challenges and don't have take bad calls on the chin

I do have to say, the defense has been better in the second half. It's still not incredible, but compared to the first quarter it's a huge change.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Ingram has done that move like three times. Why ever stop until he proves he can stop it?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    NAW played himself to the bench. His time will come so what’s the rush? You don’t play guys who aren’t ready yet if you don’t have to. NAW is one of my favorites but he isn’t ready yet. If we get to the point where playoffs are out of reach I’m sure he will see plenty of time. Gentry have him the opportunity after a strong summer league but he didn’t seize it.
    Trey Young rookie November and December.

You don't get better on the bench.

We're shooting 29% from 3. If we can just get a couple of the threes to fall, we could really start putting distance into this

Excellent 3rd quarter

Good quarter. Just need to maintain defensive intensity.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's weird, I think he's taken the whole ''we're playing to win'' idea in a very unbalanced way. To me, in a team like ours with the youth and development process we have, it means that we never go out 'tanking' to lose on purpose; that we play hard and we do our best while developing the younger guys.

To Gentry, it seems to mean that his number 1 priority is winning every game, and he doesn't care if he has to tank the development to do it.

Maybe that sounds weird given the fact that he's actually gone with Hayes for a while now, but I think that has to be understood as a product of Okafor AND Favors being injured; NAW, as you've said, has only really come out when there's no other options and as soon as anyone got back healthy he's been chucked away again.
    Try to start saving job at 6-12, breh. We already saw this script. Luckily, it's just their rookie season.

Try to start saving job at 6-12, breh. We already saw this script. Luckily, it's just their rookie season.
    Yeah, and luckily I think Hayes has made enough of an impression in the opportunity that he, at least, will maintain some minutes even when Favors comes back. Melli might find himself pushed out though, which is fine with me.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post

people have to be honest about naw...he was not running the offense and just coming in and jacking up shots......this season is not over and gentry is trying to win....

Why does Gentry wait so long to call timeouts?

Trey Young rookie November and December.

You don't get better on the bench.
    They are in completely different situations. Yes you do get better on the bench. It’s called practice and time. Something most 20 years olds need

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    people have to be honest about naw...he was not running the offense and just coming in and jacking up shots......this season is not over and gentry is trying to win....
    Meh... I ain't chasing mediocrity with 8th seed run and probably getting embarrassed by the Lakers in a series.

I'm more interested in seeing the team's core development into their prime in about 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post

Exactly! I absolutely love NAW but outside of a couple good games he was just terrible. You don’t put guys like that on the court that will negatively impact the rest of the team as well. NAWs time will come.

Meh... I ain't chasing mediocrity with 8th seed run and probably getting embarrassed by the Lakers in a series.

I'm more interested in seeing the team's core development into their prime in about 5 years.
    So the playoffs isn’t good for development? Losing is not good for development. The playoffs would be an absolutely huge experience for these guys.

Ingram has been incredible tonight! Had we executed on half of his passes he would be approaching a triple doubles with 10+ assists already. Safe to say we have a superstar at SF!

I do have to say, I always appreciate our announce team. Joel and AD aren't ridiculous homers but theyre not cynics either. Love 'em.

Thread Information