Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 29th November - New Orleans Pelicans @ OKC Thunder - 6-12

Pelicans 29th November - New Orleans Pelicans @ OKC Thunder - 6-12

We're 6-12 and we're going on the road again, this time to face OKC (for the second time this season) and hope to get back to a win. After winning 4 of 5 to get back to pretty much .500, we've lost 3 down the drain. Our DRTG had improved to 24th in the NBA from a season low of 29th, and it's fallen back to 28th after several rough games. Last time out, against LA, was actually a mostly solid game aside from some janky lineups and end-of-game poor choices, so hopefully that's a sign that we're on the way back up.

Injury report for tonight:

So basically, same as last time out. No Ball, no Favors. Just a note: Zion should be back in the next few weeks, so really it's all just a game of where, rather than when. Would be cool for the fans if he made his debut at home, imo.

Anyway, back to this specific game. We're 6-12, we're taking on the 6-11 Thunder. We win tonight, we take over them again in the standings and continue the slow march back up to .500; we've had the most difficult schedule in the NBA so far, and aside from ATL, no other team really comes close, so we need to take advantage of relatively soft games like this when they come along.

The Thunder are currently the NBA's 20th ranked offense, and the 14th ranked defense. They have lost 4 of their last 5, and 6 of their last 8. They're ranked 25th in total rebounding, and 25th in assists per game. 14th in FG% and 16th in 3pt%, they're very mediocre in a lot of ways. They're last in the NBA in offensive rebounding percentage, which is never good for them; meanwhile, we're the 4th best offensive rebounding team in the NBA. Essentially what I'm saying here is that we should take advantage where we can; crash the offensive glass, keep the ball moving, and try to actually play defense against a fairly linear and uninspiring offense. This should be a softball for our defense to try and get back into rhythm: teams which play ball-dominant guards, don't pass a ton, and aren't massively efficient from anywhere are a good opportunity to make things happen on defense and start some momentum back up.

Otherwise, there's not too much to say. They're mostly healthy. We're not that healthier but healthier than we've been in general. Let's go out there and do our best to pick up a win again. #WBD
    Basketball.

That's a long stomach virus.

Also....reposting this for positive vibes and to support your point. Happy days will come and as we're getting healthy. The path gets easier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1574984570639.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	6506
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

Also....reposting this for positive vibes and to support your point. Happy days will come and as we're getting healthy. The path gets easier.

The fact our coach gave up a double digit lead to the Lakers in the 4th stings. We can only hope things get better.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We're 6-12 and we're going on the road again, this time to face OKC (for the second time this season) and hope to get back to a win. After winning 4 of 5 to get back to pretty much .500, we've lost 3 down the drain. Our DRTG had improved to 24th in the NBA from a season low of 29th, and it's fallen back to 28th after several rough games. Last time out, against LA, was actually a mostly solid game aside from some janky lineups and end-of-game poor choices, so hopefully that's a sign that we're on the way back up.

Injury report for tonight:

So basically, same as last time out. No Ball, no Favors. Just a note: Zion should be back in the next few weeks, so really it's all just a game of where, rather than when. Would be cool for the fans if he made his debut at home, imo.

Anyway, back to this specific game. We're 6-12, we're taking on the 6-11 Thunder. We win tonight, we take over them again in the standings and continue the slow march back up to .500; we've had the most difficult schedule in the NBA so far, and aside from ATL, no other team really comes close, so we need to take advantage of relatively soft games like this when they come along.

The Thunder are currently the NBA's 20th ranked offense, and the 14th ranked defense. They have lost 4 of their last 5, and 6 of their last 8. They're ranked 25th in total rebounding, and 25th in assists per game. 14th in FG% and 16th in 3pt%, they're very mediocre in a lot of ways. They're last in the NBA in offensive rebounding percentage, which is never good for them; meanwhile, we're the 4th best offensive rebounding team in the NBA. Essentially what I'm saying here is that we should take advantage where we can; crash the offensive glass, keep the ball moving, and try to actually play defense against a fairly linear and uninspiring offense. This should be a softball for our defense to try and get back into rhythm: teams which play ball-dominant guards, don't pass a ton, and aren't massively efficient from anywhere are a good opportunity to make things happen on defense and start some momentum back up.

Otherwise, there's not too much to say. They're mostly healthy. We're not that healthier but healthier than we've been in general. Let's go out there and do our best to pick up a win again. #WBD
    YOU READY FOR THIS GAME??? I think you have a great basketball mind. Thanks for your posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    YOU READY FOR THIS GAME??? I think you have a great basketball mind. Thanks for your posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you, I appreciate it!

Just to reiterate. You are a great asset to the board Dae. Its great to have you here!

Ball has been a big disappointment so far hopefully this isn’t a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

For some reason, I tend to get stomach viruses once per year.

Those things are not a joke. He's probably receiving IVs at home.

I like Ingram taking SGA into the post: he has that massive size advantage.

Loved the Jax putback too.

Ridiculous follow by Hayes!

Really not understanding why there's no help shading the Adams-Jax thing. Jax isn't strong enough yet to take that 1v1, help.

Ingram is a damn beast!

BIG putback by Jax, wow

Really not understanding why there's no help shading the Adams-Jax thing. Jax isn't strong enough yet to take that 1v1, help.
    Stop giving him excuses. You don’t double team Adams

The Thunder actually have a pretty decent starting lineup

Kenny getting toasted by Galo already. We have got to quit starting this guy! 0 offense and average defense is not going to get it done.

Defense has been pretty stagnant

Not liking our rotations at all on D. Switching is obviously a good strategy much of the time but when you end up with Redick guarding Gallinari, then that's just obviously wrong. You can't switch everything when you have weak spots like Redick, you have to maintain some man coverage.

Okafor really can't put the ball up over Chris Paul?

... Really?

That sucks! Another injury

Okafor just does not expect any of these passes. And they're not crazy passes. He's just shocked whenever the ball comes near him right now.

Hopefully it's just a tweak and he'll be okay sooner rather than later. Sucks to see Kenny go down

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    That sucks! Another injury
    Hell of a way to get your wish, huh?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Hopefully it's just a tweak and he'll be okay sooner rather than later. Sucks to see Kenny go down
    Looked very bad tbh

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcuc View Post
    Looked very bad tbh

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I know but I'm trying to be optimistic.

Thread Information