Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 27th November - New Orleans Pelicans VS Los Angeles Lakers - 6-11

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I was referencing the “killer” part. Not many on the roster have that but lots have more than Jrue.
    I got ya. I think Griffin said Jrue was a “Killer”in one of his summer league interviews.

These other guys aren’t paid to be killers but they show more determination than him for sure most of the time. I am a fan and i can even tell that most teams wait until the end of quarters and the game to full press and go hard. Why can’t he realize that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I’m glad I don’t watch ESPN. It’s going to be sickening until another game is played.

Who wins tonight if Pels had a coach like Nick Nurse, Buddenholzer, or anybody that can actually in-game coach? This is getting horrific.
    The problem is finding a coach on that level.

The answer is zero.

Go back and look at the inbounds play that Davis stole. Everybody, and I mean everybody, was a statue except for Reddick...……….and that was coming off of a time out.

Why didn't Gentry challenge the Ingram drive when he was sandwiched between LBJ and Davis?

This was a game we literally gave away.

Need Favors back so bad. Hayes and Okafor combined for 13 & 6. And that 6 is very troubling.

Favors has done better than that by himself before this latest injury.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I hope this cements the fact that they have to get Lonzo playing and playing right. He's the best option at point guard right now.

If he would just drive the ball and stop the excessive 3s, he ottherwise runs the team like a point guard should.
    Ball isn't a better option at point than Jrue.. I've watched him for the entirety of his career.

Unless he decides to grow a pair and start playing like he's not scared of the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The problem is finding a coach on that level.

The answer is zero.
    Surely someone is out there that won’t blow a 15 point lead or play a lineup that constantly gives up the paint. I mean how about playing a big at the end so they can at-least inbound the ball or protect the rim a little. Just completely stupid to play BI at center in any situation.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Go back and look at the inbounds play that Davis stole. Everybody, and I mean everybody, was a statue except for Reddick...……….and that was coming off of a time out.

Why didn't Gentry challenge the Ingram drive when he was sandwiched between LBJ and Davis?

Yep, they both fouled him.

Jrue should be traded after that hugging AD after the game. We dont need that soft ******** on our squad

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    Jrue should be traded after that hugging AD after the game. We dont need that soft ******** on our squad
    Basketball.

Glad this game is over. We’ll have Zion and Favors when we face them again. Moving on to OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post

Anthony smacked Ingram clear as day before he knocked it out. How they missed that is beyond me. Not sure if that is something Gentry can challenge though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Hell of a game. Couple of takeaways.

1. We need to fill the starting pg position. Lonzo needs to step up. If not, make some moves or draft a star pg. Jrue has no business playing point guard. He had too many turnovers.

2. Jaxson Hayes has a great future. He’s gotta get his reps and he needs to put on some weight. Maybe develop a midrange jumper. He’s got all star potential though.

3. Ingram is still a work in progress. He’s gotta focus on closing out games. Tonight wasn’t his night.

4. We need to keep Kenrich (for the right price)

I’m disappointed we lost but we played a pretty good game. Zion will be back soon so we have a lot to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    I feel like you but that’s the part of me that traditional fans don’t always feel. I’m never hugging someone that I just took an L to and bailed on my squad and my city. Jrue isn’t about that life and that was the perfect example. The man is charmin ultra soft.

Surely someone is out there that won’t blow a 15 point lead or play a lineup that constantly gives up the paint. I mean how about playing a big at the end so they can at-least inbound the ball or protect the rim a little. Just completely stupid to play BI at center in any situation.
    You're gambling on complete unknowns for that to happen. Then, you risk at becoming a coaching carousel. I'll be honest... Finding a great coach in the NBA is hard. It's why great coaches and executives rarely move. There is only a dozen good ones and the next great ones come out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    You're gambling on complete unknowns for that to happen. Then, you risk at becoming a coaching carousel. I'll be honest... Finding a great coach in the NBA is hard. It's why grear coaches and executives rarely move. There is only a dozen giod ones and the next great ones come out of nowhere.
    This is very true. As anti Gentry as I am, I’m not sure the guy we’d want would be available. Hiring Gentry from the start was a huge mistake mind, but finding the right one won’t be as easy as snapping our fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    This is very true. As anti Gentry as I am, I’m not sure the guy we’d want would be available. Hiring Gentry from the start was a huge mistake mind, but finding the right one won’t be as easy as snapping our fingers.
    I agree with that. I’m just tired of Gentry. He has lost games the exact same way for 5 years.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Gentry will get fired if he doesn’t do great with Zion in the lineup. He will be fired in the offseason.

These guys should be moved: Frank Jackson, Melli, Okafor. Disappointed in them.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Hell of a game. Couple of takeaways.

1. We need to fill the starting pg position. Lonzo needs to step up. If not, make some moves or draft a star pg. Jrue has no business playing point guard. He had too many turnovers.

2. Jaxson Hayes has a great future. He’s gotta get his reps and he needs to put on some weight. Maybe develop a midrange jumper. He’s got all star potential though.

3. Ingram is still a work in progress. He’s gotta focus on closing out games. Tonight wasn’t his night.

4. We need to keep Kenrich (for the right price)

I’m disappointed we lost but we played a pretty good game. Zion will be back soon so we have a lot to look forward to.

If you're going to give the ball away 7 times, you better put up 45 like Harden. Jrue scored 4 points in the 2nd half.

Most of us can agree that Gentry is not the future for the Pelicans coaching position. He makes way too many mistakes every single game.

That being said, the real discussion is, when do we move on from him
    and who do we hire?

I think if the front office is thinking about moving on. They should just rip off the bandaid and get it over with. The sooner we can get a coach in the better to start developing chemistry for the rest of this season going into next season.

I think it would be a huge mistake to wait till the offseason to make a change with this young team.

68 minutes is not enough (I prefer not to talk about lineup stats until there's at least a few hundred minutes in the books) but this is still a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Most of us can agree that Gentry is not the future for the Pelicans coaching position. He makes way too many mistakes every single game.

and who do we hire?

I think if the front office is thinking about moving on. They should just rip off the bandaid and get it over with. The sooner we can get a coach in the better to start developing chemistry for the rest of this season going into next season.

I think it would be a huge mistake to wait till the offseason to make a change with this young team.
    You dont do anything silly until you see what the team looks like healthy. If the Lakers are missing Lebron or AD, plus say Kuzma or Dwight, they definitely arent 15-2 right now and probably lose big tonight.

Not many teams can withstand missing at least two crucial pieces of the team for long stretches like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post

and who do we hire?

I really think they should give Finch or someone on the staff a chance. Fred Vinson as well. Just let someone else get a chance if they make a change.

Man that's a tough loss.

I can't understand why we didn't hold for the last shot with like 14 sec left in the game down by 1.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 11-28-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    You dont do anything silly until you see what the team looks like healthy. If the Lakers are missing Lebron or AD, plus say Kuzma or Dwight, they definitely arent 15-2 right now and probably lose big tonight.

Not many teams can withstand missing at least two crucial pieces of the team for long stretches like this.
    That is what’s saving Gentry’s job. He’s a bad coach but the injuries are helping hide it. His coaching career outside of Pels speaks for itself. He’s just not good.

Thread Information