Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: 27th November - New Orleans Pelicans VS Los Angeles Lakers - 6-11

Hopefully hart's injuries to AD and lebron pay off in the near future...******** them

All-Star
    It was heartbreaking to see Gentry come up with a viable gameplan but let the victory get out of reach because of few questionable in-game decisions. The critical moment that led to our loss was when he gave Melli the second chance despite of the fact that we looked miserable with him on the court in the second quarter. With this decision Alvin killed two birds with one stone: Nicolo was very slow on defence and our offence immediately became stagnant. Despite their limitations and foul trouble Oak and Hayes were our only options.

Aside from that I liked what I saw. Next time we see them with Favors and Zion in the lineup they are going to be smashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Atarwii View Post
    Did he get a tribute video?
    No.

Laker fans were crushing this guy last night

That is the look of man that can’t believe we still have Gentry as our coach. I mean you could see that play from a mile away.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 11-28-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Do we have the WOAT small ball lineup? It feels like it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don't miss much from our past era of ball, but I miss having more than one guy who can get into the lane. I miss that from Tyreke Evans so much. Ingram can do it too, but put any stiff resistance and force him to go up with it instead of attack the rim, and Ingram isn't as good.

We need another slasher. Preferably one who is a mountain of muscle and plays above the rim.

You know what really bothers me...

We started out 8-10 on the 3pt line in the 1st QT. Anyone with half a brain knows that the laws of averages would tell you to not gas up 40 3s, because it'll create a scoring drought or stagnant the game.

You wanna know how we finished?

9-30

When you force a small ball line up and give up the paint for the purpose of shooting 3s. You have to sink those shoots or we start to sink or worse... Let a team hang around for another game stealing run.

It's why I hope that we start off games a little cold, because everytime we start off hot from the 3pt line. Gentry gasses 40 3s and 9 out 10. The laws of averages beat us, because we aren't that good of a shooting team.
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-28-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I don't miss much from our past era of ball, but I miss having more than one guy who can get into the lane. I miss that from Tyreke Evans so much. Ingram can do it too, but put any stiff resistance and force him to go up with it instead of attack the rim, and Ingram isn't as good.

We need another slasher. Preferably one who is a mountain of muscle and plays above the rim.
    It's kind of the one thing that I really miss from Monty and that run. He had Evans playing like a mini-Bron and allowing the team to ISO a lot more.

All that fell off a cliff the moment Gentry came aboard. He put Evans in the doghouse and I never liked it.

Evans deserved better. He basically saved our playoff run that year.

Basketball Guru
    good game,,tough loss...

the worst thing happen to us was AD getting hurt at the start of the 4th...thats when the lakers started moving the ball around and playing team ball getting the ball to open players like kuzma to hit open 3s and lebron using his size to post up on smaller defenders and made the comeback on us.........for 3 periods the lakers were featuring AD and trying to get him to have a career night against his old team and we were winning big til AD got hurt and the lakers started playing team ball and made a comeback and took the lead....it was a good game plan for the lakers because we were winning at the time lol...

our team have low iq players because when hayes was being guarded by mcgee, we should have been going pick n roll with hayes until they stop it because hayes had the space to rim run but the team settle for long shots...

we need another rebounding big on this team....i dont believe a healthy zion and favors will be enough against big teams....i want to see hayes backup zion at PF and see hayes and favors play together....

when howard came into the game the lakers adjusted the offense and went to howard to bully hayes and melli and scored and we didnt adjust to try and stop that....good thing our offense was still scoring to hold the lead but maybe if we would have made some defensive adjustments to stop the ball from getting to howard then maybe we would had a bigger lead for the lakers to dig out of...

ingram was our leading rebounder and that should not be..the dude is getting beat up playing out of position guard bigs and i know using all his energy and strength guarding bigs is wearing him down and taking away from him being dominate on offense....its another reason why we need another big so ingram can stay at the SF and not be forced to play out of position...

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    It's kind of the one thing that I really miss from Monty and that run. He had Evans playing like a mini-Bron and allowing the team to ISO a lot more.

All that fell off a cliff the moment Gentry came aboard. He put Evans in the doghouse and I never liked it.

Evans deserved better. He basically saved our playoff run that year.

the one thing i loved about reke is that he could get to the rim at will against anyone......i miss that so much..when the shots are not falling just spread the court and let reke go one on one with anyone and he can score,,get and one,,miss,,get fouled,,or kick it out to a shooter if you help on defense.......we dont have that person on this team but jrue can do it when he is in attack mode but jrue dont get the fouls called for him smh...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post

we need another rebounding big on this team....i dont believe a healthy zion and favors will be enough against big teams....i want to see hayes backup zion at PF and see hayes and favors play together....
    Zion and Favors would be enough in addition to what they have already. Even Favors alone would be enough as long as he is moving around like a healthy player.

I swear lots of you just refuse to give that dude credit for knowing how to play down low.

His last 3 games he had 10, 12, and 20 rebounds. Thats not by luck.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Zion and Favors would be enough in addition to what they have already. Even Favors alone would be enough as long as he is moving around like a healthy player.

I swear lots of you just refuse to give that dude credit for knowing how to play down low.

His last 3 games he had 10, 12, and 20 rebounds. Thats not by luck.
    I don't understand this outcry for another defensive big. Gentry doesn't play slower pace to make that work. So, you got to find a big that can run and defend.

Favors is literally our best option and no one on the market fits into Gentry offense. If we just go get one. He won't get a single significant minute. Even Favors doesn't fit into Gentry offense that well with getting run into the ground and all.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I don't understand this outcry for another defensive big. Gentry doesn't play slower pace to make that work. So, you got to find a big that can run and defend.

Favors is literally our best option and no one on the market fits into Gentry offense. If we just go get one. He won't get a single significant minute. Even Favors doesn't fit into Gentry offense that well with getting run into the ground and all.

the big im hoping to try and trade for is turner....turner is a gentry fit....

ill try to trade for adams also...
    Last edited by 6warddude; 11-28-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Laker fans were crushing this guy last night

That is the look of man that can’t believe we still have Gentry as our coach. I mean you could see that play from a mile away.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the big im hoping to try and trade for is turner....turner is a gentry fit....

ill try to trade for adams also...
    That is would take Dell Demp style move to get either to work.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Y’all need to stop thinking Zion and Favors are going to make this team win. The coach is terrible, and embarrassed the organization again. You don’t invite that soft a** man in the locker room after he sold out on the entire organization and fans. What Gentry did is a slap in the face of the fans. One of the softest moves in sports history

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Y’all need to stop thinking Zion and Favors are going to make this team win. The coach is terrible, and embarrassed the organization again. You don’t invite that soft a** man in the locker room after he sold out on the entire organization and fans. What Gentry did is a slap in the face of the fans. One of the softest moves in sports history
    I know you're upset, but take it down a notch.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    It's not even remotely that serious.

This was The Empire Strikes Back (fam....we just formed this group....it really could still be A New Hope) and Return of the Jedi will come.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This was The Empire Strikes Back (fam....we just formed this group....it really could still be A New Hope) and Return of the Jedi will come.
    This is the Phantom Menace and Gentry is JarJar.

Maybe when Zion comes actually plays he can cut AD in half like Obi Wan did to Darth Maul.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Hmmm.... I wonder if there's one of those floating around anywhere?
    Basketball.

Just want to remind people here of the difficulties of schedules. This was made before the season started, so it does make some assumptions (it assumes, for example, that the Suns will be not-good, whereas they've actually been overall okay-ish so far) but it's still largely reflective of reality.

Note how the Pelicans start with one of the hardest schedules in the NBA, but that it gets easier and easier as things go on, before ending very easily indeed after all-star break?

Also note how the Lakers start with an extremely easy schedule that ramps up after the New Year towards being slightly more difficult.

Interesting also, is how many teams who we expected to be bad but who have had hot starts, have benefited from easy opening schedules. The Suns, for example, started off hot and have mostly cooled off now as injuries have set in, but a large reason for that hot start is their very easy opening schedule. Similarly, Dallas' hot start is largely a result of Doncic going mental, but it's also worth noting that Dallas' early season schedule is very soft and easy to exploit in comparison to say, our schedule.

Thread Information