Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Should Davis get a tribute video?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes , He deserves it

2 10.00%
  • No , #### him

18 90.00%

Thread: Should Davis get a tribute video?

Last edited by 13 - 3; 11-26-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Screw him and them

Just play a fart sound when he makes a basket.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

It should be a video of all of his clutch moments.......as in a two second long clip of him hitting the game winning three back in 2015 against OKC that then ends with the words "thanks for all the clutch moments of your seven seasons here".
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Side note, you know how a lot of us on here said that as soon as AD went to play with Lebron, he'd change his playstyle to be less effective, relying more on his outside jumper than he should, being taken out of the paint as a rebounder, being forced into spot ups, etc etc?

That's basically what's happened. AD's shooting a career low 47.4% from the field, has a career low eFG% of 50.7, and is averaging 9 rebounds a game: 3 less than last year, and the least since his rookie year.

His percentage of shots taken at the rim has dropped slightly, by 2%, and his percentage of shots taken in the paint has dropped a slightly more dramatic 6%. Meanwhile, he's upped his number of 3pt attempts by 5% from last year. Only 80% of his shots come from 2pt range, a career low and down from 86% last year. As a result of this, he's averaging his fewest ppg since 2014-15 despite having greatly improved his FT% to a career high 88%.

His defense has been stellar, still, and he's in the running for DPOY without a doubt right now, leading the league in blocks per game, having a career best DRTG of 97, etc.

But his offensive impact has dropped off considerably. Last year, for example, his offensive PIPM was 3.41, and his overall PIPM was 5.83: an extremely high mark. His Offensive PIPM this year is 1.94, which is still a strong rating, but an obvious and significant drop off in his impact.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Just play a fart sound when he makes a basket.
    They actually do that at the Tulane Football games on third down.

I wish the pelicans listened to their fans and didnt play a tribute video

I know it won't happen simply due to human nature and the inability to get large crowds to act together, but I would prefer it if the fans at the game didn't boo him when he is announced. I would rather see Davis all prepared to hear thunderous boos, but instead is met with silence. It would be unnerving in a way that the boos won't be.

"At center... Anthony Davis" {{crickets}}

Just announce we are gonna to show a tribute video later in the game and never do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Just announce we are gonna to show a tribute video later in the game and never do it.
    ''Oh don't worry, we're doing the tribute at the end of the game, to celebrate your inevitable win.''

Then we win, and don't show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Or troll him like “us vs them” at Saints games

Here's my tribute (no more..no less...and richly deserved):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9434BoGkNQ

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    I know it won't happen simply due to human nature and the inability to get large crowds to act together, but I would prefer it if the fans at the game didn't boo him when he is announced. I would rather see Davis all prepared to hear thunderous boos, but instead is met with silence. It would be unnerving in a way that the boos won't be.

"At center... Anthony Davis" {{crickets}}
    Haha. Yes. If it were possible to have everyone be silent......that would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It should be a video of all of his clutch moments.......as in a two second long clip of him hitting the game winning three back in 2015 against OKC that then ends with the words "thanks for all the clutch moments of your seven seasons here".
    I like this one!

HELL and NO.

The Franchise
    He’s still one of the greatest if not greatest player to play for us. I’m butt hurt he left same as Chris Paul but I’m over it. Give the man credit for what he’s done for our team and the community for those 7 years.

All-Star
    Hell no! AD quit on the franchise, after taking a step up imo by sweeping the Trailblazers. He deserves a nice L.

Did he get one?

Thread Information