Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: List of Pelicans that you think will be traded by the trade deadline

List of Pelicans that you think will be traded by the trade deadline

Here is my list since we get another shooter in Miller back soon

Okafor
    Ball
    F.Jackson
    Kenrick William's

Interesting question. I don't think it'll be like that.

I think we DO make a HUGE trade for someone big. Definitely an all-star but maybe even a superstar. And the person will be so big that everyone and everything but Zion, Jrue, and maybe BI will be available. Not that they will all be included but it will all be available. Then we'll have a big 3 (possibly 4) and still a decent menagerie of depth, youth, and assets.

The who we trade for is still up in the air. It will be some disappointed team that is realizing they can't get over the hump and don't have their own assets to rebuild. Since the trading partner is up in the air, what they want is up in the air.

So my answer is that anyone but two maybe three are potential candidates.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

These are my favorite threads on P.R. Let’s fire up the trade machine!

I think the bigger question is “Who do we trade for?” Myles Turner and Beal are the most common shouts (probably because we were heavily linked to both), but who are the other contenders? I’m personally not a fan of keeping Jrue and going for Beal. I can definitely see the logic in going for someone like Turner though.

Etwaun for sure.
    Possibly Frank.
    If they can pull off Jrue for Beal I'm thinking they do it.
    Possibly Lonzo depending how he looks with Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I think the bigger question is “Who do we trade for?” Myles Turner and Beal are the most common shouts (probably because we were heavily linked to both), but who are the other contenders? I’m personally not a fan of keeping Jrue and going for Beal. I can definitely see the logic in going for someone like Turner though.
    Yeah. Which teams are having a rough season and may start to think about tanking? A team with not much potential or hope.....I know it's early for them to blow it up but maybe Portland, Wizards, Bulls? Any more?

And I'm actually asking. I love the Pels but I don't pay too much attention to the rest of the NBA unless we're playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yeah. Which teams are having a rough season and may start to think about tanking? A team with not much potential or hope.....I know it's early for them to blow it up but maybe Portland, Wizards, Bulls? Any more?

And I'm actually asking. I love the Pels but I don't pay too much attention to the rest of the NBA unless we're playing them.
    Do we throw the kitchen sink at a guy like Hield? The Kings seem to be stuck in.. well- typical King’s purgatory. I can’t think of a guy we could use more than Buddy freakin Buckets once we are fully healthy. Buddy and Myles Turner would be my top 2.

I actually take back Buddy as I thought he was on a cheaper contract. I honestly can’t think of many moves that make sense. There aren’t very many point guards I’m crazy about that are attainable, and that is the position of need

I find it weird to start the thread with the premise that we'll have Miller back ''soon'' when he probably won't play at all this season, and doesn't have a guaranteed contract for next year. Forget soon, he might not be back whatsoever.

Similarly, I don't think we're going to trade Kenrich. Most of the team seems to love him, his play archetype isn't the style of one that generally gets big trade returns, and his contract is so small that it's almost useless as filler too.

Guys I could see getting moved are Ball, Frank, and Moore. Those are the primary candidates imo.
    Basketball.

Yeah. I like Miller but he won'tbe back for a bit, if at all.
    I actually take back Buddy as I thought he was on a cheaper contract. I honestly can’t think of many moves that make sense. There aren’t very many point guards I’m crazy about that are attainable, and that is the position of need
    Mmmm. I love Buddy. He would be a smart long term move with JJ being so......seasoned. Myles is a great get. I don't know enough about the Pacers to know if they would be willing. LaVine from Chi would be interesting. I mean....if Portland doesn't turn it around, what if they off Lillard and CJ for a huge haul? Lillard, Jrue, BI, and Zion?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yeah. I like Miller but he won'tbe back for a bit, if at all.

Mmmm. I love Buddy. He would be a smart long term move with JJ being so......seasoned. Myles is a great get. I don't know enough about the Pacers to know if they would be willing. LaVine from Chi would be interesting. I mean....if Portland doesn't turn it around, what if they off Lillard and CJ for a huge haul? Lillard, Jrue, BI, and Zion?
    Buddy is cool. Hes a historically great shooter, and he bullied the King's into giving him a lot of of money. Absolute King.

Myles might be gettable but to be honest I feel like the Pacers would rather move Sabonis, and while I like Sabonis I don't think he fits that well with Zion longer term.

Lavine is baaaaad

This is a hard question without seeing Zion to know how he will fit with this team. Especially since our biggest need is a big which Zion fills. My second need would be a PG but I'm not sure we'd be willing to move on from Lonzo while his value is so low. I think we will try everything to keep Kenny Hustle so I doubt we move him.

My guess at this moment is we probably do some type of package deal with Miller and some other bench players to bring in a bad contract for a young good prospect and/or draft picks.

I'm not sure what team fits that bill. I'll have to look and see.

Zion, Ingram, and Jrue. Trade them for draft picks and burn it down.

Also, just a heads up, Beal can't be traded this year since he signed the extension so those dreams can go ahead and hibernate until the summer.

It all depends how we plan on running the offense really. If we continue to run it primarily through Ingram (and Zion) once he gets back, it would be smart to stack up on shooters. Having a true PG becomes less of a priority (but still a major hole regardless). I just can’t think of many great floor generals that we can acquire at this point in time. Beal is a bit more of a playmaking guard like Jrue and not a ridiculous shooter like Buddy (but Buddy is on a sizable contract so that might rule him out). It wouldn’t be the end of the world if we paired Beal with Jrue, but it would be a bit of a gamble on the fit.

Beal is a bit more of a playmaking guard like Jrue and not a ridiculous shooter like Buddy (but Buddy is on a sizable contract so that might rule him out). It wouldn’t be the end of the world if we paired Beal with Jrue, but it would be a bit of a gamble on the fit.
    Beal's also one of the worst defenders in the NBA right now tbh. He's shown flashes of being solid on that end in the past, but he's never been a strong defender consistently over multiple seasons, and right now he's playing at his absolute worst. It's fair to say that if you put him on a better team, he might improve somewhat since he'd be putting less energy in on offense, but given that much of his defensive struggling comes from a general lack of awareness and recognition, there's only so much that I'd be willing to bet on.

Buddy's so good it's absurd. Gonna retire as a top 5 shooter of all time somehow, which is bonkers.

I want energy going forward. I’m high on Lonzo but even I know he, Frank, and Moore are our tradable assets right now...but if I were to ever trade him...it would to bring back say young bull Colin Sexton.

I think the biggest “gets” for us in the future is to bring energy/college atmosphere style players around Zion. I think that’s the “cheat code” that unleashes more of his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    I want energy going forward. I’m high on Lonzo but even I know he, Frank, and Moore are our tradable assets right now...but if I were to ever trade him...it would to bring back say young bull Colin Sexton.
    What, you cooled off on Darius Garland?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Beal's also one of the worst defenders in the NBA right now tbh. He's shown flashes of being solid on that end in the past, but he's never been a strong defender consistently over multiple seasons, and right now he's playing at his absolute worst. It's fair to say that if you put him on a better team, he might improve somewhat since he'd be putting less energy in on offense, but given that much of his defensive struggling comes from a general lack of awareness and recognition, there's only so much that I'd be willing to bet on.

Buddy's so good it's absurd. Gonna retire as a top 5 shooter of all time somehow, which is bonkers.
    Amen on Buddy. I don’t think he is quite Beal’s level, but when it’s all said and done I think he is by far the better fit.

Basketball Guru
    I think we also have to input that gentry may or may not be the coach of the team next season......I don't wont to have another problem where we are giving a new coach gentry players to fit in his system like we did gentry with monty players....

so will we extend gentry or will griff go after a coach he think can take the team up a level?....in either case, I guess we would know by the type of player or players we try and trade for....

as for me jrue,,zion and ingram are safe......ill trade jrue in the off season in hope that a team that made the playoffs loss a series because they didn't have a good defensive player that can guard 1-3...

What, you cooled off on Darius Garland?

Touché. I’m still very high on Garland and think he’s going to be a star (He’s from Gary. That’s all they do is make stars), but you were right. Once I seen Naw And Jax in summer league action, I was singing that I can see clearly now song lol. My leash on Griffins trust widened quite a bit after Summer League.

But I’m very high on Sexton with Zion. Talking visiting Cavs boards seeking window or opportunities high. The only thing that concerns me right now is that our team is too “laid back”/lead by example to truly unleash our futures true intensity. If Ingram is apart of our core with Zion (which there’s no questions now imo he should be), we need the scale to tip all the way to Zion as far as psychological makeup to prevent from falling into Ingrams laid back style...which I think would hamper Zion’s.

Ball, Jackson, Okafor, Moore.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Ball, Jackson, Okafor, Moore.
    Ball and Moore prob have the most value but I’d add Miller for sure and if we are still doing bad by the deadline then Favors and JJ should be added to the list.

I’d rather get younger and go the 76ers route. The timberwolves would be a team I’d like to trade with. Covington or Culver depending which way they want to go forward. They don’t have a long term PG so Ball makes sense but they’ll prob make a move for Russell from the warriors since he and KAT at friends.

Essentially I’d try to get young players from playoff teams or good players from bad teams.

Move the coach not the players.

We have a talented roster, to get rid of talented players because our coach has a crap system would be foolish.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The way I see it, Lonzo has to go.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but from what I've heard from Gentry, and the rumours about his loving Lonzo even before the trade deadline passed, if we keep Lonzo that's telling me that they're going to keep Gentry too.

I accept that that's only one way of reading the situation, it's not based on facts it's just my gut feeling. But if they keep Lonzo, I feel they'll keep Gentry. If they move Lonzo despite Gentry's love for him, that tells me that maybe Gentry leaving is a real possibility.

The Franchise
    The way I see it, Lonzo has to go.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but from what I've heard from Gentry, and the rumours about his loving Lonzo even before the trade deadline passed, if we keep Lonzo that's telling me that they're going to keep Gentry too.

I accept that that's only one way of reading the situation, it's not based on facts it's just my gut feeling. But if they keep Lonzo, I feel they'll keep Gentry. If they move Lonzo despite Gentry's love for him, that tells me that maybe Gentry leaving is a real possibility.
    I hope so. I like Gentry but hate that he doesn’t play to our players strengths or identity other teams weaknesses and attack them.

Thread Information