Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 23rd November - New Orleans Pelicans @ Utah Jazz - 6-9

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Intellectually, I know that losing this game isn't the end of the world. Utah are a good team, we kinda aren't, and even if we were completely healthy Utah is the type of team we could lose to anyway. We even fought back to make it respectable nearer the end.

The other part of me hates this loss so bad, it sucks the Clippers game is going to be hell, so this was the chance to steal one and we just came out and wet the bed.
    No moral victories here please. Those don’t win or improve anything. It just gives people a reason to fail in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    No moral victories here please. Those don’t win or improve anything. It just gives people a reason to fail in life.
    Uh... where do you see me trying to get to a moral victory?
    Basketball.

Wow 80 points combined from BI, Redick and Jrue but still lose

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    BI 30/4/5 on 12-24 FG and 4-7 3pt
    Kenny 2/6/1 1-4 FG but has a +/- of 0
    and some will have you think Kenny was better.. lmao!!
    I don’t know if it was me, but Kenny got scored on every time tonight or fouled. Ugly game for him.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's not even remotely that serious.

Uh... where do you see me trying to get to a moral victory?
    The first paragraph was close enough, lol. But, I read it wrong. It was more of you trying to accept it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Ball didn't wanna stay down. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It's not even remotely that serious.
    It really is.

The first paragraph lol
    That's not a moral victory, that's just the literal logical reality of the game. Losing to Utah isn't something to be ashamed of, and we didn't let ourselves get blown out. That's not looking for moral victory that's just the literal events of the game.

Another Pels game.

Another Pyrrhic victory. Little troll up there will say otherwise, I guess. Good fight back. That's important for a young team.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

So much for BI and his shooting % falling off the map! Great job Kenny with 2 points, 6 rebounds, and the best +/- in the starting lineup at -1! BI idiot for locking up 2 fouls in 1st quarter which is reason we lost!

That's not a moral victory, that's just the literal logical reality of the game. Losing to Utah isn't something to be ashamed of, and we didn't let ourselves get blown out. That's not looking for moral victory that's just the literal events of the game.
    I would agree if they had Gobert, but they came out flat. They should have been ready.

The Franchise
    You guys think we might be better off giving Melli's minutes to Oak?

Well - this was a rookie game by Jax.

They took advantage of his inexperience and our lack of rim protection. Mitchell got in the paint any time he wanted and I think they saw the Conley pnr was going to be their saving grace to get them across the finish line tonight.

Back to dissing E’Twaun the close shot misser.

This avoidance of moral victories is stupid, anyways. It's ignorant and completely ignores the psychology of sports.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    So much for BI and his shooting % falling off the map! Great job Kenny with 2 points, 6 rebounds, and the best +/- in the starting lineup at -1! BI idiot for locking up 2 fouls in 1st quarter which is reason we lost!
    Those hurt us.. It's why I get so mad at him when picks up early fouls. We need him out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    Well - this was a rookie game by Jax.

They took advantage of his inexperience and our lack of rim protection. Mitchell got in the paint any time he wanted and I think they saw the Conley pnr was going to be their saving grace to get them across the finish line tonight.

Back to dissing E’Twaun the close shot misser.
    Yeah, Jax had some big moments and he still looks good at times, but there were portions of this game where he was getting shredded in the PnR. Part of that comes from the fact that Utah is very very good at the PnR, but some of it is also just Jax's inexperience showing through.

He'll improve tho

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    You guys think we might be better off giving Melli's minutes to Oak?
    Melli doesn't play defense and isn't shooting as well as we thought he would. So..... hell yeah! Teams go straight at him when they see him defending.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This avoidance of moral victories is stupid, anyways. It's ignorant and completely ignores the psychology of sports.
    I do agree with that.

If you give me the choice of watching my team get clobbered by 30 and look pathetic doing it, or fighting back and losing a narrow one in the dying moments of the game, I'll take the close loss every time. That fight-back is vital.

I know this board is in love with Kenrich, but it would/will be nice if he could be replaced with someone who can give you a bigger offensive threat.

He's basically a better version of Solomon Hill.

When Hart is healthy I put him in that starting linuep until (if ever) the roster is fully healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I know this board is in love with Kenrich, but it would/will be nice if he could be replaced with someone who can give you a bigger offensive threat.

When Hart is healthy I put him in that starting linuep until (if ever) the roster is fully healthy.
    What is wrong with Hart anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    What is wrong with Hart anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ESPN says high ankle sprain. The team just says ankle sprain.

I'm guessing if he's to come back soon, it's just a normal ankle sprain.

The Franchise
    I do agree with that.

If you give me the choice of watching my team get clobbered by 30 and look pathetic doing it, or fighting back and losing a narrow one in the dying moments of the game, I'll take the close loss every time. That fight-back is vital.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    Melli doesn't play defense and isn't shooting as well as we thought he would. So..... hell yeah! Teams go straight at him when they see him defending.
    Yea I think we could have really used Oak this game..

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Yikes

Thread Information