Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 23rd November - New Orleans Pelicans @ Utah Jazz - 6-9

****** **** ******* ************* ***** Hayes!!!
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

GREAT reverse putback from Jax
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's shooting 61% at the rim, his lowest since his rookie year (8% lower than last year, for example) and shots at the rim have make up only 26% of his shot profile, a career low down 9% from last year.

That's why I've said so much of his scoring is slightly unsustainable. He's shooting more 3s, but that hasn't come from cutting down on the awkward midrangers, it's come at the expense of efficient looks at the rim. When his midrange heat wears off (and it has been, he's currently shooting 50% from the midrange, down from 68% before his injury, which is still very good but obviously a decline) his problems getting to the rim and finishing there will become slightly more unpleasant.
    LoL you will sadly be wrong once again! Funny you say it’s the worst he has been at the rim in his career yet we are to expect it to continue? Hmm..

After a 7.5 minute scoring drought last game where we didn't make a single bucket, we've had a 6 minute scoring drought without a bucket tonight before that Hayes putback.

This is becoming an issue.

Utah is currently on pace to score nearly 150 points. They are the lowest scoring team in the NBA this year. The last time the franchise named the Jazz had 150 points or more, they were still in New Orleans.

15-20 point leads are nothing in this league, but we have been avoiding these huge deficits for the most part when we win games. We can’t gift wrap buckets like we are tonight if we want to keep winning.

Basketball Guru
    shots not falling..this just not our night...maybe the shots will start falling in the second half..

Just get it within 15 for the half.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    shots not falling..this just not our night...maybe the shots will start falling in the second half..
    No energy. They are just standing and watching on both ends.

Down 20 at halftime. Sheesh.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    we going to put the first half on the Utah altitude lol....

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's shooting 61% at the rim, his lowest since his rookie year (8% lower than last year, for example) and shots at the rim have make up only 26% of his shot profile, a career low down 9% from last year.

That's why I've said so much of his scoring is slightly unsustainable. He's shooting more 3s, but that hasn't come from cutting down on the awkward midrangers, it's come at the expense of efficient looks at the rim. When his midrange heat wears off (and it has been, he's currently shooting 50% from the midrange, down from 68% before his injury, which is still very good but obviously a decline) his problems getting to the rim and finishing there will become slightly more unpleasant.
    I do believe the other percentages are sustainable. He was trending in this direction since last season. I just can't account for what I'm seeing at the basket.

@guardian.. I agree, he's allowed to have bad games. The finishing at the rim hasn't been what we're accustomed to seeing though. It's really standing out to me. He'll turn it around at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Yeah, this isn't a case of shots just not falling. There's a level of failure on execution going on, in terms of actually performing as a system.

This may be a long back to back

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I do believe the other percentages are sustainable. He was trending in this direction since last season. I just can't account for what I'm seeing at the basket.

@guardian.. I agree, he's allowed to have bad games. The finishing at the rim hasn't been what we're accustomed to seeing though. It's really standing out to me. He'll turn it around at some point.
    I mean he hasn’t even had a bad game yet.. bad first half sure but game no. He has been playing like a super star yet Ingram haters are all the sudden vindicated over a few missed shots at the rim? Come on! That eye test is the same person who claimed Kenrich would be a better player than Ingram before we made the trade and that wasn’t even bad compared to most of it!

I don't think Ingram's going to shoot 45% from 3 and 50% from the midrange all year long, personally. A +12% from 3 and a +8% increase from the midrange would be absolutely staggering in a single off-season. He's shooting 60% from 10-16 feet this year: he shot 39% from there last year. +21% from that spot would be an absurd jump.

I think it's more likely that his 3pt percentage drops a little down to closer to 40-42% instead of staying at 45%, and his midrange shooting will probably drop from 50% to more like 46%-ish (which is still world-class from midrange) and if that happens then obviously the scoring numbers will come down unless he works out a way to get back to the rim more often and to finish better there. Which means either sacrificing shots behind the arc, or sacrificing some shots from the midrange, and replacing them with rim-attempts.

Personally, I'd prefer he drop the awkward midrangers and maintain the 3pt volume, for obvious points-related reasons.

I’m honestly not too bothered if we lose these two games. We won the games we needed to win against Phoenix and Portland and we were always going to be against it in a back to back on the road against Utah and LA. I’d wished that it was a better effort without Gobert, but I didn’t expect a win tonight. I’ll take a decent comeback here

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Defense is atrocious. JJ and Melli are terrible defenders. Jazz is a well coached team. 2nd half should have Lonzo, Jrue, Moore, Ingram and Hayes.... if Lonzo doesn’t do well put NAW in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I mean he hasn’t even had a bad game yet.. bad first half sure but game no. He has been playing like a super star yet Ingram haters are all the sudden vindicated over a few missed shots at the rim? Come on! That eye test is the same person who claimed Kenrich would be a better player than Ingram before we made the trade and that wasn’t even bad compared to most of it!
    Oh I'm not saying he's had bad games.. I'm just agreeing with you that he is allowed to have them lol.. I would also agree that he's playing better than I would expect, considering his layoff.

@Pelicanidae I would agree that he'll likely dip a bit from 3, what I meant is that he can hover around the same percentages that he's at now. He's put up stretches with the Lakers where he's extremely efficient. The finishing just bothered me because it was one of the first things that stood out for me with his game from a productivity standpoint.

Hayes has at least 3 screen assists tonight already

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    So, they go into halftime and make zero adjustments. Ok, cool. I see what’s going on here.

Oh I'm not saying he's had bad games.. I'm just agreeing with you that he is allowed to have them lol.. I would also agree that he's playing better than I would expect, considering his layoff.

@Pelicanidae I would agree that he'll likely dip a bit from 3, what I meant is that he can hover around the same percentages that he's at now. He's put up stretches with the Lakers where he's extremely efficient. The finishing just bothered me because it was one of the first things that stood out for me with his game from a productivity standpoint.
    His post are filled with a bunch of false info hoping people don’t do their research and call him out.. He has been waiting for a game like this to feel a little better about he ridiculous claims made pre trade. Easily the most bias BI “fan” maybe on the planet.. If you can’t tell how fastest he has jumped on 1 game as if it’s somehow going to lead to everything going down.

LoL looks like the BI trashing was a little premature..

Cutting into the lead a little. That's nice.

Mitchell is hot tonight!

Thread Information