Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Latest Team News

Latest Team News

Can this be pinned? We used to have someone who kept up with all this stuff, who unfortunately passed away.

Maybe if its pinned more will pitch in.

Hart upgraded for tomorrow's game.

The Pelicans hope to also have Ingram and Ball’s multi-year NBA teammate, Josh Hart, back in action, which could happen as soon as Saturday at Utah. Hart (left ankle sprain) was upgraded on Friday’s injury report to questionable, after he had been listed as out in recent days and has been sidelined for the past five games. The guard last played Nov. 11 vs. Houston.
    https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/jo...able-utah-game

BI extension discussion starts at 2:50

Isn't the question shouldn't Pels have offered him an extension? BI still needs to agree to whatever the offer is

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Isn't the question shouldn't Pels have offered him an extension? BI still needs to agree to whatever the offer is
    I’m in the business of paying a star what their worth...not catching them on a bargain. To me - it reassures their own confidence to be making the max.

BI would be silly not to resign imho (I think his situation is the matching offer sheet bird rights, no?)

He’d be on NatTV like no other franchise in the next decade and he’d be the perimeter weapon ala a young Kobe.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Ingram, Zion, and Hayes will be the future 3 headed monster. Give Lonzo time. He is to talented to give up on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other thing about Lonzo that doesn't get stated enough is that the guy DOES work hard. He seems to have a great work ethic. Talented + great work ethic almost always pays off.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    We are getting dangerously close the being healthy!

Interesting article form Spears.

Apparently AD and Zion met before last Wednesday's game:

“I told him to get healthy,” Davis said. “Obviously, they’re waiting on his return and they’re trying to hold on until he gets back.”
    Griff on Ingram:

Brandon Ingram, 22, is a restricted free agent next summer, but Griffin told The Undefeated that the Pelicans have every intention of keeping him long term.
    https://theundefeated.com/features/r...n-new-orleans/

A rare good locally written article on the Pelicans lack of clutch.

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...63b2b6ac3.html

Because while the Pelicans’ vast player freedom is unique — and even JJ Redick said it’s the most freelance system he’s played in during 14-year career — there has to be a time when the bench can dictate something beyond a timeout.

And as it gets tight down the stretch, games usually evolve into a half-court contest as defenses ratchet up and go-to scorers are relied upon most.

But, Gentry wants to defy that norm. Instead, he wants the high-tempo rhythm to keep the Pelicans unpredictable for opponents no matter the time and score.

In the meantime, his own team has become all too predictable.

New Orleans is one of the league’s worst in “clutch” situations, defined by the NBA as a game within five points with less than five minutes remaining. The Pelicans carry the third-worst clutch net rating, outscored by an astounding 35 points in 41 total minutes this year.

Zion progressing
    Basketball.

Because we love shooting

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Embarrassing.
    How is that embarrassing? It's not like Stein tweeted ''Pelicans desperate to offload Jrue Holiday by any means necessary'', or ''Jrue Holiday requests trade from crumbling Pelicans''.

We're a rebuilding team. They're listening to offers: he's available. That's not the same as desperately shopping him.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    How is that embarrassing? It's not like Stein tweeted ''Pelicans desperate to offload Jrue Holiday by any means necessary'', or ''Jrue Holiday requests trade from crumbling Pelicans''.

We're a rebuilding team. They're listening to offers: he's available. That's not the same as desperately shopping him.
    To me, it means Jrue has told Griff, he wouldn’t mind being traded. Sucks cause they would be willing to trade Jrue before firing Alvin. That’s two players that Alvin’s habitual losing has caused to want a change of scenery. I know people are going to say we don’t know Jrue asked for this.... But, we know that Griff doesn’t want to trade Jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    But, we know that Griff doesn’t want to trade Jrue.
    And he still might not. He's available. Make me an offer.

You can be ''available'' and still have such a high selling price nobody would want to pay it. All it really tells us is that, should the right offer come along, Jrue isn't untouchable. Which sucks, but at the same time it's not particularly surprising: most people on this board have said that they consider very few players truly untouchable. General consensus seems to be Zion, Jax, and sometimes Ingram.

I highly doubt Jrue gets dealt unless he is asking for a trade.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

It's embarrassing because Griffin was telling everyone "oh Jrue could be the MVP," and all that jazz. It's embarrassing with how awful this season has gone, and now he's suddenly "available".

And he still might not. He's available. Make me an offer.

You can be ''available'' and still have such a high selling price nobody would want to pay it. All it really tells us is that, should the right offer come along, Jrue isn't untouchable. Which sucks, but at the same time it's not particularly surprising: most people on this board have said that they consider very few players truly untouchable. General consensus seems to be Zion, Jax, and sometimes Ingram.
    Naw pretty much all of us consider Ingram untouchable save one or two folks. Probably just one.

I'd also add NAW to that list.

Just a reminder of where Jrue is over the last 2 years:

Just in case you think Jrue being ''available'' means that Griff is desperate to unload him for any old rubbish.

Not the supposed windmill before the game but...getting closer

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2...eans-pelicans/

Funny how the person that wrote the link says a return potentially in "late January." Which I proposed is based on exactly -5 inside knowledge.
    Last edited by luckyman; 12-29-2019 at 04:36 AM.

Cant embed or link anything now but...Zion practiced fully with the team today.

Gentry says no chance he plays this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Cant embed or link anything now but...Zion practiced fully with the team today.

Gentry says no chance he plays this weekend.
    I'm sticking with my Jan 6 at home V Utah prediction. Good to see he's getting some reps in now, taking part in things more normally. Still isn't exactly right, obviously, or they'd be playing him but we're close.

Thread Information