Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 21st November - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - 5-9

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Pawpaw played good tonight. I hate that it came at the expense of Frank and NAW, but a win is a win
    Agreed! I’m right there and absolutely love Frank/NAW with ideally it being them dominating.. but if it’s Moores night then I’m all for it as long as he’s a Pelican!

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    The only thing I don't like.. which I mentioned in their last game.. Ingram and Jrue have 9 turnovers combined again.. They need to clean it up.
    Jrue’s turnovers were hard to watch because they were so boneheaded. He did make up for it on the fast break defense but his passes looked lazy at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    If we had lost tonight, you would be hiding in your cave like the pathetic troll you are. If you have something constructive to add instead of silly “I told you so’s” from hindsight, go ahead. You just come across as a petulant bore. Have a good night

Never hide never surrender! JJackisnothappy and we won?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    The question is, can we win one of the next two?

Great insight from Kenny on the postgame show!

Alvin might get another extension if we keep on winning

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Jrue’s turnovers were hard to watch because they were so boneheaded. He did make up for it on the fast break defense but his passes looked lazy at times.

Yea his turnovers felt more consequential. I expect that to change as the team gels. Or am I wrong? Is Jrue turnover prone?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Pay the man! Maybe I’m in his will?!

The question is, can we win one of the next two?
    That is the hope. I can’t really see us taking either on the road, but it would be a pleasant surprise.

Yea his turnovers felt more consequential. I expect that to change as the team gels. Or am I wrong? Is Jrue turnover prone?
    I think you could say he is a little prone using his past.. but it has been worse this season imo due to the turn over of the roster being such a young team while having so many different lineups. We haven’t been able to run consistent lineups for more then a couple of games with crucial players missing a game here and there all season long. This team at full health for half the season is a 10+ win team easy!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Pay the man! Maybe I’m in his will?!

Lmao!

Not really. This year's 3.9 turnovers per game is a career high by a fairly large margin. His TO % is currently a little over 17%, when somewhere between 13 and 14% has been more common for the last 5 years or so.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    lmao

My friend and i text towards the end of the half and 4th quarter to give our takes on most games and we seem to always be agreeing on Jrue’s turnovers coming at really bad times that seems to swing momentum. I guess you could say anytime is a bad time but i definitely get the impression that he is turnover prone by the eye test.

I mean he had a horrible three point shot attempt off the dribble with at least 15 seconds on the shot clock in the 4th... when we should have been draining the clock. That shot should count as a turnover as bad as it was. Seems to be just how he rolls though.

The Franchise
    Good to hear @pelicanidae/Guardian.. So it's just a matter of him getting acclimated to new teammates.

The Franchise
    My friend and i text towards the end of the half and 4th quarter to give our takes on most games and we seem to always be agreeing on Jrue’s turnovers coming at really bad times that seems to swing momentum. I guess you could say anytime is a bad time but i definitely get the impression that he is turnover prone by the eye test.

I mean he had a horrible three point shot attempt off the dribble with at least 15 seconds on the shot clock in the 4th... when we should have been draining the clock. That shot should count as a turnover as bad as it was. Seems to be just how he rolls though.

Well hopefully Ball turns it up from a production standpoint, and Jrue can play what many of you believe to be his natural position, and that's a 2.

Please, don’t ever combine Alvin and extension again. Lol

I would agree that his turnovers do seem to come at inopportune times occasionally. Like you say, obviously any time is a bad time, but sometimes they do feel particularly bad.

Man looking at Ingram’s numbers on the season and he has been incredible! Kid has been nothing but a super star to start his Pelicans career. Ingram and Zion is going to be arguably the best and most dynamic duo in the NBA. Can’t wait to see this team with Zion on the court!

Man looking at Ingram’s numbers on the season and he has been incredible! Kid has been nothing but a super star to start his Pelicans career. Ingram and Zion is going to be arguably the best and most dynamic duo in the NBA. Can’t wait to see this team with Zion on the court!
    Interesting that you say that. Reggie Miller seems to think Zion won’t play this year. He mentioned him looking heavier. I was like “ here we go with this”. I knew it was coming.

Interesting that you say that. Reggie Miller seems to think Zion won’t play this year. He mentioned him looking heavier. I was like “ here we go with this”. I knew it was coming.
    Yeah, and it was very stupid. In his defense though, he did correct himself after halftime: apparently someone informed him that Zion was perfectly on schedule with his rehab and will be back mid-December.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, and it was very stupid. In his defense though, he did correct himself after halftime: apparently someone informed him that Zion was perfectly on schedule with his rehab and will be back mid-December.
    I caught that too. He totally flipped script, and it even became part of the post game interview with JJ

That's 4 straight games where the Pels DRTG has been off the charts good with Jax on the floor. Some of it is luck, yes, but Jax is doing really well when he gets on the court.

The Franchise

Tried to tell you guys lol..

The data on him was misleading coming from the Lakers. They had no shooting coach, and did a ******** poor job of developing prospects. They also played Ingram at 1,2, and 3 with limited guidance.
    You would have just had to watch the kid play to see how good he is and can be.

People thought Kuz, and Ball were actually better players, they're solid in their own right but they aren't on Ingram's level.

Thread Information