Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 19th November - New Orleans Pelicans VS Portland Trailblazers - 4-9

Game over.

2nd win in a row, and our 3rd in 4 games. We are improving, believe it or not

Ingram - 21/7/5 with 2 stls, 40% FG
    Hayes - 9pts, 7rbds, 2stls, 3blks only got 21 minutes and yes I'm mad about it
    Redick - 18pts, 5rbds, 2asts, 4-9 from 3
    Jrue - 22pts, 5rbds, 10asts, 56% FG
    Kenrich - 8pts, 14rbds, 1ast, 3stls, 2-2 from 3

Melli - 14pts, 6rbds, 4asts, 1-6 from 3, 27 minutes
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I think when Zion is back we get blowouts..

Teams are going to have a real problem when Hayes and Zion are in the line up together..
    That can’t be overlooked, but this was a team without Lillard tonight as well. We just have to be way more ruthless. Boneheaded 3twann Moore spurts don’t help

Melo in his NBA return

10pts, 4rbds, 4-14 shooting, 5 turnovers, 5 fouls in 24 minutes. 0 assists. Team worst -20 +/-

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Melo in his NBA return

10pts, 4rbds, 4-14 shooting, 5 turnovers, 5 fouls in 24 minutes. 0 assists. Team worst -20 +/-
    And they had handicap Melo. Have to be Moore ruthless.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    That can’t be overlooked, but this was a team without Lillard tonight as well. We just have to be way more ruthless. Boneheaded 3twann Moore spurts don’t help
    I agree.. and even though Jrue and Ingram were our best players this game, and overall for the season. They had like 8 turnovers this game. It's something they're going to have to clean up. I'm optimistic though.

I agree.. and even though Jrue and Ingram were our best players this game, and overall for the season. They had like 8 turnovers this game. It's something they're going to have to clean up. I'm optimistic though.
    Same. It was a good night of basketball and a great watch in half court for once. At least we saw some movement tonight. Good adjustments by Alvin

The Franchise
    Melo in his NBA return

I actually think he could be useful within the right system.

I actually think he could be useful within the right system.
    Which system would that be?

The Knicks

I think when Zion is back we get blowouts..

Teams are going to have a real problem when Hayes and Zion are in the line up together..
    They going to have a real problem with Favors/Zion/BI on the floor together.

The Franchise
    Way to put me on the spot lol.. That defense of his makes it so difficult. But I would say system/role.. I think he's a guy that can come off the bench for 20 minutes and help keep an offense afloat.. Assuming he's moving the ball and not stagnating the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    The Knicks
    Oh joy, another relatively inefficient power forward who can't play defense for the Knicks

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They going to have a real problem with Favors/Zion/BI on the floor together.
    Can't disagree with that, especially if Favors is the best version of himself. If not, I prefer Hayes.. even though he's still raw.

Way to put me on the spot lol.. That defense of his makes it so difficult. But I would say system/role.. I think he's a guy that can come off the bench for 20 minutes and help keep an offense afloat.. Assuming he's moving the ball and not stagnating the flow.
    I agree, if he did that he would be useful as a bench scorer type.

The problem is this bit:
    Assuming he's moving the ball and not stagnating the flow.
    He's been in the league for nearly 2 decades now and he's never been a particularly willing passer, and has never been willing to take a back seat and be a 'piece' in an offense. Teams have been assuming he might for a while now, and it just keeps not happening. He didn't do it in OKC, he didn't wanna do it in Houston, and I'm not sure he's going to do it in Portland. He's not humble enough to swallow his pride and be that back-up, sparkplug guy who passes, spots up, picks his moments, etc.

The Franchise
    I agree, if he did that he would be useful as a bench scorer type.

The problem is this bit:

He's been in the league for nearly 2 decades now and he's never been a particularly willing passer, and has never been willing to take a back seat and be a 'piece' in an offense. Teams have been assuming he might for a while now, and it just keeps not happening. He didn't do it in OKC, he didn't wanna do it in Houston, and I'm not sure he's going to do it in Portland. He's not humble enough to swallow his pride and be that back-up, sparkplug guy who passes, spots up, picks his moments, etc.
    Based on his history you're probably right.. I was thinking being away from the game for as long as he's been would have made him a little more desperate to do whatever it takes to find and keep a job.

Can't disagree with that, especially if Favors is the best version of himself. If not, I prefer Hayes.. even though he's still raw.
    I dont. I'd prefer even half of Favors. Favors does all the things that dont show up in the box score. Like box out, be in position on defense, move other bigs out of position. All the physicality this team just doesnt have much of.

Hayes still a long way away from putting up 20/20 type games. Don't rush him.

Based on his history you're probably right.. I was thinking being away from the game for as long as he's been would have made him a little more desperate to do whatever it takes to find and keep a job.
    Maybe you're right. If anyone's gonna get through to him, it's Dame. Lillard's a great team leader. Just don't see it as being too likely, personally.

I dont. I'd prefer even half of Favors. Favors does all the things that dont show up in the box score. Like box out, be in position on defense, move other bigs out of position.

I wouldn't disagree that as of today, Favors is better than Hayes, but I do think that the preference for Hayes can be based on long-term development. If Favors is going to be not-his-full-self, then I'd prefer to sacrifice some of his minutes to Hayes as well, rather than feed not-top-form Favors 35 minutes a night because while Favors may still be better at that reduced level, Hayes is the 19 year old under contract for 4 years, and therefore he's the guy I'm prioritising development time with.

He's right, goddammit.

The Franchise
    I dont. I'd prefer even half of Favors. Favors does all the things that dont show up in the box score. Like box out, be in position on defense, move other bigs out of position. All the physicality this team just doesnt have much of.

Thinking about it you have a point.. as Pelicanidae said maybe the only reason to play Hayes more would be for his development.

I just love watchin the kid play..

21 minutes for Hayes and denying him another double double should be a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    21 minutes for Hayes and denying him another double double should be a crime.
    If he had gotten 30 minutes tonight, I legit think that 12/12 with 5 blocks was in the discussion.

Listen, I know Hayes has his lapses sometimes, and his lack of strength can bite him occasionally. He's not all-defense yet. I fully admit that. I'm not trying to pretend he's superman.

But come on

Thinking about it you have a point.. as Pelicanidae said maybe the only reason to play Hayes more would be for his development.

I just love watchin the kid play..
    And he such a team player. He works his
    ****** off in setting screens and all hustle on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    And he such a team player. He works his
    ****** off in setting screens and all hustle on defense.
    I brought up his screen-assists earlier. He's averaging 2.7 a game (and that'll probably go up based on tonight, he had several) which is more than AD, Myles Turner, Dwight Howard, and Clint Capela. 2.7 screen assists per game is 8th among all players who are playing under 25 minutes a night, and 33rd league-wide.

Thread Information