Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th November - New Orleans Pelicans VS Portland Trailblazers - 4-9

I hate to say it, but those are the funky rebounds that Jax needs to let go. He could have really hurt himself on that one

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Hayes has such ridiculous hands, that rebound was absurd.
    If the shot afterward had gone in..... man...

Zion will help this team simply from the standpoint of someone who will attack the paint.

Not pass the ball around looking for another 3...after 3...after 3...after 3

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    Ingram has gravity now

And even scarier I think he’s figuring out how to use it

Yea I noticed it on the last play.. It created a wide open look from 3 on the baseline..

Hayes up to 4pts, 6rbds, 2stls, 2 blks in 9 minutes.

We've got ourselves a live one
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    If the shot afterward had gone in..... man...
    If he hadn't been fouled, it would have. And if he was a vet, the foul would have been called too.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Zion will help this team simply from the standpoint of someone who will attack the paint.

Not pass the ball around looking for another 3...after 3...after 3...after 3
    Totally agree, he'll walk right in and immediately provide a huge amount of rim pressure that nobody we have right now really does

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Hayes up to 4pts, 6rbds, 2stls, 2 blks in 9 minutes.

We've got ourselves a live one
    He’s awesome. It’s going to be fascinating if he keeps starting we get some consistent wins. He has so much potential. Seems to be very coachable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally called one of those

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If Kenrich Williams can hit that shot consistently...ho-boy...

Jax providing offensive paint presence

You love to see it.

Great charge drawn for Kenrich, good read of the drive

We don’t need pace AD. We need more movement, more cuts, more pick and rolls, more drives, drives and kicks. To be fair to Gentry, we are trying to be more diverse

Drax-son Hayes

''Nothing goes over my head. I will catch it.''

''I don't know if any team has more turnover, though [than the Blazers]'' - Joel

idk I think I can think of one

basically

And Jax creates that opening for Jrue. We have needed that movement since day 1

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Just a ridiculously erratic brand of basketball. They can’t build a lead cause it’s so chaotic

BI needed that. He was getting cold

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    And Jax creates that opening for Jrue. We have needed that movement since day 1
    He's improved so much as a screener since Summer League. His improvement even since game 1 has been so huge. His learning path has been so quick so far.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Man, if the SKC doesn't start playing the Sideshow Bob laugh when Hayes does something, I'm gonna be upset.

We just absolutely cannot finish a quarter. Lol

I mean, that's experience and continuity. So it makes sense. I just want to whine a bit.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

JJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX

He's improved so much as a screener since Summer League. His improvement even since game 1 has been so huge. His learning path has been so quick so far.
    I remember one time he set a screen 4 times in one play because he didn’t know when Jrue was going to drive. The guy is doing the dirty work and is busting a gut to make sure it gets done. He doesn’t get discouraged from a lack of understanding and I like that

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I remember one time he set a screen 4 times in one play because he didn’t know when Jrue was going to drive. The guy is doing the dirty work and is busting a gut to make sure it gets done. He doesn’t get discouraged from a lack of understanding and I like that
    It's really encouraging. He's just picking up the little things so quickly and it's exciting to see him putting his game together. He's really going to be something.

This will likely change when Zion comes back because of how much I loved Zion at college, but Hayes is my favourite Pel to watch right now.

Thread Information