Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 17th November - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State Warriors - 3-9

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    These OOB calls have been bad. That is the the second blown call in a couple of minutes
    Yep. If this game had been called properly, we'd still be up double digits.
    Basketball.

I hate it when Nick is on the floor and somebody else is running the point. It’s fine to draw up a couple of plays for Jrue, but let the guy run this team already. It went ugly when they took the ball out of his hands

End of the first half.

Jax: 6pts, 6rbds, 1stl, 2blks, 0 fouls
    NAW: 11pts, 4rbds, 1ast, 1stl, 3-7 from 3
    Redick: 17pts, 3asts, 5-8 from 3
    Jrue: 6pts, 6asts, 3rbds
    Melli: 7pts, 3rbds, 2asts, 2-4 from 3

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Some kind of way Alvin is doing a terrible job. Why is this team just chucking shots? The one time the Pels have the chance to punish this team, they look like they don’t want to play. Steve Kerr has never not destroyed the Pelicans when they are down. Yes, I know Pels are down 20765341 players, but I hate Draymond Green! Lol
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 11-17-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    End of the first half.

Jax: 6pts, 6rbds, 1stl, 2blks, 0 fouls
    NAW: 11pts, 4rbds, 1ast, 1stl, 3-7 from 3
    Redick: 17pts, 3asts, 5-8 from 3
    Jrue: 6pts, 6asts, 3rbds
    Melli: 7pts, 3rbds, 2asts, 2-4 from 3
    Those Jax numbers are Giannis rookie numbers... My outlook is high on Hayes. He makes it hard for you to sit on the bench. Just the development is sooo needed

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Some kind of way Alvin is doing a terrible job. Why is this team just chucking shots? The one time the Pels have the chance to punish this team, they look like they don’t want to play. Steve Kerr has never not destroyed the Pelicans when they are down.
    We're winning. If it wasn't for bogus calls that have awarded GS literally 10 FTAs they don't deserve, we'd be winning by 15 or more.

Alvin hasn't been perfect, but to start piling on him for this game in particular seems weird so far.

Some kind of way Alvin is doing a terrible job. Why is this team just chucking shots? The one time the Pels have the chance to punish this team, they look like they don’t want to play. Steve Kerr has never not destroyed the Pelicans when they are down.
    We are shooting 3s well. So, Gentry gonna gas it out 3 games too long.

We're winning. If it wasn't for bogus calls that have awarded GS literally 10 FTAs they don't deserve, we'd be winning by 15 or more.

Alvin hasn't been perfect, but to start piling on him for this game in particular seems weird so far.
    I really just want to destroy the Warriors and my season is complete. I can’t stand them or the Rockets. Beating them is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Those Jax numbers are Giannis rookie numbers... My outlook is high on Hayes. He makes it hard for you to sit on the bench. Just the development is sooo needed
    Hayes was my No. 1 centre prospect (I count Brandon Clarke as a PF, and Goga was second, just for context) this year for so many reasons. His fluidity, awesome hands, incredible touch at the rim, high FT%, all that. His defensive potential is what really sold me though. I'm absolutely certain that if he develops on a reasonable path, he can be a multiple time All-Defense kind of guy who can switch onto nearly anyone.

The only real question was how long it was going to take for him to reach that point. Well, it's still a way off, but he's taken quick strides as a defender. I don't think Giannis is his future (not that you implied it was) but I have confidence that he can be an 20/9/2blks guy who makes an all-defense team. And that's super valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We are shooting 3s well. So, Gentry gonna gas it out 3 games too long.
    I wish they could find a way to draw more fouls. It seems like it’s been years since they got to the line consistently. It really takes the other teams momentum away when a team goes to the line.

Hayes was my No. 1 centre prospect (I count Brandon Clarke as a PF, and Goga was second, just for context) this year for so many reasons. His fluidity, awesome hands, incredible touch at the rim, high FT%, all that. His defensive potential is what really sold me though. I'm absolutely certain that if he develops on a reasonable path, he can be a multiple time All-Defense kind of guy who can switch onto nearly anyone.

The only real question was how long it was going to take for him to reach that point. Well, it's still a way off, but he's taken quick strides as a defender. I don't think Giannis is his future (not that you implied it was) but I have confidence that he can be an 20/9/2blks guy who makes an all-defense team. And that's super valuable.
    Give Vinson time to develop his mid range. Dangerous!

I wish they could find a way to draw more fouls. It seems like it’s been years since they got to the line consistently. It really takes the other teams momentum away when a team goes to the line.
    When BI and Zion are on this team they will be in the bonus more times than not.

Jrue is so much better when he attacks

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Damn it. Got distracted. Who has been most impressive for us today?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Hayes and NAW

I say Hayes if I had to pick one though. His defense has been very good, whether on the perimeter, in switches, rim protection. Good rebounding too.

Moore

Moore
    Filthy liar

Moore
    Only way that would be true is if either I will wake up tomorrow a billionaire or the end of the world is nigh.

Pretty sure JJ hasn't missed all day

JJ doing his best Zion impression

The basket didn't drop but that pass from NAW had some fire on it lol

Remember when Draymond Green thought he was an actual All-Star?

He doesn't even look better than Kenrich Williams right now.

We are 6 and a half minutes through this quarter and the score is
    13-4, Pels

Great halftime adjustments. Gotta give Gentry them props, tonight.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Remember when Draymond Green thought he was an actual All-Star?

He doesn't even look better than Kenrich Williams right now.
    Draymond is an all-star calibre talent.

He's just not your normal all-star. There's a difference between a floor raiser and a difference maker. Draymond doesn't raise floors, but on good teams he's that difference maker.

Thread Information