Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 17th November - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State Warriors - 3-9

Pelicans 17th November - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State Warriors - 3-9

By the end of the first quarter of last game, we were so injured that we were able to use Zylan Cheatham and Josh Gray and still not exceed 10 players.

This means, unfortunately, that the injury report is so long that (in a return to Pelicans tradition) it can no longer be tweeted in text, and must instead be a picture.

That is correct. Ball, Hart, Miller, Okafor, and Zion are all out, guaranteed. Favors and Ingram are doubtful. Redick and Frank are questionable. That would mean that going into tonight, we would have 9 players injured (assuming Redick and Frank do not play). That's bad.

Luckily (I guess), we are taking on the only team in the NBA that's as injured as we are tonight. The Golden State Warriors are missing:

- Stephen Curry
    - Klay Thompson
    - D'Angelo Russell
    - Damion Lee
    - Alen Smailagic
    - Jacob Evans
    - Kevon Looney

That leaves them with Draymond Green, Omari Spellman, Jordan Poole, Eric Paschall, Willie Cauley-Stein, Glen Robinson III, Alec Burks, Ky Bowman and Marquese Chriss.

To me, that means that we should win, and our injuries shouldn't stop us. They only have 9 guys ready to play, including a 2 way guy. I count a total of maybe 4 NBA calibre players on that roster, and I'm being slightly generous to Omari Spellman there. We are at home. Yes, we played last night and yes, we lost, but for me that doesn't excuse this. We should be coming into tonight fiery: we need a win, and we have one of the most broken, beaten down teams in the NBA in our house to do it. They are the only team in the West to have a worse record than us.

Again, not going to go through all the stats because the Warriors are so reduced to nothing that it's not worth doing. They played a handful of games with Curry, who isn't here, and some more with Russell, who isn't here, so their overall season stats do not represent the actual team will we be taking on. They've lost 6 straight; let's make it 7.

#WBD
    Basketball.

Also: NAW in games where he's played at least 15 minutes this season (only 4 games, it's limited):

- 14.3 points
    - 4.8 assists
    - 3 rebounds
    - 46.5% FG
    - 55% from 3
    - +17 +/-

This is just bonkers

Also, lol at the fact that the list of players absent from this game is basically just a Championship calibre roster
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 11-17-2019 at 02:01 PM.

We have one BIG Hospital out there... What a mess... Can I play? LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    One BIG Hospital out there... What a mess... Can I play? LoL
    If you're over 6'0 and wearing good shoes, you can start at PG

Ridiculous injury list. But no excuses for this game, we're the better team and we should have the best player on the court most of the time with Jrue. Got to get a win tonight

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    This game will come down to coaching..... who has the advantage?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Has anyone played in the last 3 years with a questionable designation?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If you're over 6'0 and wearing good shoes, you can start at PG
    I would pay any PR.com player scrubs good money to punch Daymond in the nards.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    This game will come down to coaching..... who has the advantage?
    If we win, I want you to change your sig to:

Gentry is a better coach than Kerr.

Lol

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    How hurt are these guys really? They can't give us 20 minutes? Sack up!

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Has anyone played in the last 3 years with a questionable designation?
    Favors did just a few weeks ago. I don't know officiall stats but I do remember he was questionable that first game he came back.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    How hurt are these guys really? They can't give us 20 minutes? Sack up!
    I'm pretty sure that in at least come cases it's less ''they are so injured they can't play'' and more ''they're injured, and if it was super extreme and we were desperately in the playoff hunt and it's March, they would play, but because it's November and we don't really have any expectations this season, it's more important that we manage their injuries and make sure absolutely nothing gets worse than it absolutely has to''.

And I'm fine with that tbh.

Jax getting the start

Remember before the season started when I speculated that maybe Jax could play in 40-50 games this year, averaging maybe 15 minutes a night, because you learn more by doing than you do by anything else, and I was forcefully told several times that he was a definite redshirt year who wouldn't touch the court whatsoever this season?

What do ya know, who'd a thunk it?

Also, with Redick back that better not mean a reduction in NAW's minutes. If someone's getting their minutes slashed from last game, it has to be a combo of Josh Gray and E'twaun Moore to provide those minutes for Redick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Also, with Redick back that better not mean a reduction in NAW's minutes. If someone's getting their minutes slashed from last game, it has to be a combo of Josh Gray and E'twaun Moore to provide those minutes for Redick.
    JJ plays PF, bro. Haha

Moore is canceled

Redick does not skip a beat

That bounce to Hayes was a touch too short, so he had to fumble before he could get both hands on it, but the catch was impressive and then the finish was spectacular. Just amazing touch.

Jax's defense has been much better than most anticipated. He still struggles knowing when to help and how much to commit to the help, but his one on one defense has been very impressive over the last two or three games, even on switches.

I feel like we're going to be up 20 or something and we'll be like ''okay nice, empty the bench, it's garbage time'' but there will be no bench for anyone to empty and both teams will just keep playing their only guys and it will feel weird.

Tough righty finish from Jrue. Good stuff.

I'm sad that Jax's save there didn't turn into points

No need for the reach there, Hayes had rotated well and was contesting vertically.

Thread Information