Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 14th November - New Orleans Pelicans VA LA Clippers - 2-8

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I know this sounds a little ''come on, you're being too specific with the stats here'', and it is, I admit

But if you look up Jrue's actual statline, the total number of games in New Orleans history where a player has had at least

36 points
    7 assists
    6 steals
    5 made three pointers

is 0. Nobody has done that before. Jrue's statline tonight was a first in New Orleans history.
    Basketball.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I know this sounds a little ''come on, you're being too specific with the stats here'', and it is, I admit

But if you look up Jrue's actual statline, the total number of games in New Orleans history where a player has had at least

36 points
    7 assists
    6 steals
    5 made three pointers

is 0. Nobody has done that before. Jrue's statline tonight was a first in New Orleans history.
    I’m just glad he did it and won. Most of the time a player does a first in franchise history and it’s a loss.

It’s only 1 game, but that was a good win. Hopefully, gets us going!

I do not see how these guys do not become a big problem for people:

1. Jrue
    2. Reddick/Frank
    3. BI/Hart
    4. Zion/Kenny Hustle
    5. Favors

Evil Jrue

Another bright side to this slow start.

Pelicans have 3 different starters whom have had the following stat lines all within the first 3 weeks of the season:

20/20
    36/4/7/6
    35/15/5 & 40/5

You usually only see that for teams who end up with top 4 seeds. So the potential is bubbling.

Get yourself a decent sized tablet Jesus

I'm posting this from a 10 inch tablet and anything less is disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Get yourself a decent sized tablet Jesus

I'm posting this from a 10 inch tablet and anything less is disgusting
    I'm choosing to believe it's actually a big tablet, that simply looks small due to the fact that all NBA players are huge.

I'm choosing to believe it's actually a big tablet, that simply looks small due to the fact that all NBA players are huge.

Favors last 3 games:

10 & 10
    13 & 12
    20 & 20

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Favors last 3 games:

10 & 10
    13 & 12
    20 & 20
    He's................evolving.

In 2 more games he will be the 1st player in NBA history with 40 points and 40 rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post

In 2 more games he will be the 1st player in NBA history with 40 points and 40 rebounds.
    There have been 8 40/40 games in NBA history.

They all belong to Wilt.

78/43
    58/42
    56/45
    50/41
    50/40
    44/43
    44/45
    41/40

There have been 8 40/40 games in NBA history.

They all belong to Wilt.

78/43
    58/42
    56/45
    50/41
    50/40
    44/43
    44/45
    41/40
    Jesus Fn Christ Wilt

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Jesus Fn Christ Wilt
    He was quite good at that there basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post

Not evolving when it's your baseline

Just wanted to add a little context to the Wilt stats by the way. Pace was way higher back in the 60s than it is today, largely because of certain rule differences and different play styles, and higher pace meant more possessions.

For comparison, our pace is currently about 106, and is second in the league.

In 1962, Wilts Sixers were also second in the league in pace. Their pace was about 131.

Just wanted to add a little context to the Wilt stats by the way. Pace was way higher back in the 60s than it is today, largely because of certain rule differences and different play styles, and higher pace meant more possessions.

For comparison, our pace is currently about 106, and is second in the league.

In 1962, Wilts Sixers were also second in the league in pace. Their pace was about 131.
    That is mind blowing. Crazy how much the game has evolved

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    That is mind blowing. Crazy how much the game has evolved
    Yep, it's pretty crazy. That's why it's so hard to compare across eras. The game in 1962 looked so different to the game in 2019 in so many ways that they're almost incomparable.

36 points
    7 assists
    6 steals
    5 made three pointers

A superJrue sighting!

This is the MVP player we heard about. Just be consistent now Jrue!

The magic one good game can do.

Before this game, Jrue's averages: 14.6/5.4/7.3/1.9/0.8 on 36/23/76 shooting
    Jrue's averages as of today, this game being included: 17/5.2/7.2/2.3/0.8 on 39/30/75 shooting.

Basically steady in rebounds and assists, but +2.4ppg, +0.4 to steals per game, +3% to FG, +7% to 3pt%, all from one game.

We're still early. A few more games in this ballpark (25+ points, 7asts, 3+ steals) on good efficiency and all of a sudden Jrue's back to being the all-NBA calibre guard we all know he is.

Jrue is currently

#9 in Assists per game
    #3 in Steals per game

There are currently only 10 players in the NBA averaging at least 17 points and 7 assists per game. Among those 10, Jrue's 30 total turnovers is 8th: only Kyrie Irving and Fred Van Vleet have fewer. James Harden, at the top of the list in turnovers, has 64: more than twice as many as Jrue.

Of course the turnovers suck when they come up, nobody would deny that, but among players putting up Jrue's stats, he's actually one of the least turnover prone guys. Just thought I'd mention that since a couple of people on twitter were pulling the whole ''yeah he had 36 points and 7 assists and 6 steals, and scored/assisted on 22 points and had 5 steals in the fourth quarter of a close game, BUT he had 7 turnovers soooo...'' thing

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Side note. Has anyone ever seen someone get blocked as much as NAW?

6 shot attempts.... 4 layups and 2 threes. All 4 layups blocked. Crazy thing is he finished with a plus 12.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 11-15-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Thread Information