Pelicans Report

Thread: Additional Roster Spot

Question Additional Roster Spot

Why can Brooklyn add Shumpert to their Roster making 16 players in place of the suspended Chandler, but the Pels can't add anyone in place of D. Miller?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent guard Iman Shumpert is signing with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell ESPN. Nets have a 16th roster spot until Wilson Chandler suspension ends in mid-December – via Twitter wojespn

Good question. I’m not sure, but I’d guess it’s because it’s a suspension and not an injury. They can calculate exactly when Chandler will be back. Not sure we have an accurate timetable on Darius

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Good question. I’m not sure, but I’d guess it’s because it’s a suspension and not an injury. They can calculate exactly when Chandler will be back. Not sure we have an accurate timetable on Darius
    It's pretty much a whole-season-lost type deal, I would think. That's what's the deal with KD, and he got injured months prior to Miller.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's pretty much a whole-season-lost type deal, I would think. That's what's the deal with KD, and he got injured months prior to Miller.
    I can’t help but think they play favorites, but it actually works out for us here. More minutes for our young guys and less minutes for some washed up has been that we would have signed.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I can’t help but think they play favorites, but it actually works out for us here. More minutes for our young guys and less minutes for some washed up has been that we would have signed.
    Yep. I don't care for going to fish Joe Johnson back out of the rubbish heap, just let Kenrich Williams play 30 minutes a night.

Odd that a team gets the advantage of an extra roster spot for a suspended player but teams with players out for the year do not. Seems backwards.

Thread Information