Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Should the Pelicans trade Jrue?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Why? How many more young assets and picks do we need or can we even use? We have a ton of picks and more young players than we know what to do with. Jrue is a great guy who fills both a lead role and has shown to be more than willing to be a perfect complimentary piece around a star (which we all assume/pray Zion is).
    Keep our phone lines and consider every option. Whatever theoretical player you’re imagining, imagine one better who is being traded for whatever reason. Like imagine Devin Booker changes his mind. Who knows, bruh. Open mind is all I advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Keep our phone lines and consider every option. Whatever theoretical player you’re imagining, imagine one better who is being traded for whatever reason. Like imagine Devin Booker changes his mind. Who knows, bruh. Open mind is all I advocate.
    I mean, that's fair. Obviously, if someone like Booker, Luka, Trae, or KAT becomes available then you pick up the phone at the very minimum. But I'm kind of working under the assumption that those guys aren't available, and, short of a young superstar, I am firmly of the belief that Jrue is essentially untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    I mean, that's fair. Obviously, if someone like Booker, Luka, Trae, or KAT becomes available then you pick up the phone at the very minimum. But I'm kind of working under the assumption that those guys aren't available, and, short of a young superstar, I am firmly of the belief that Jrue is essentially untouchable.
    I'm in a similar boat.

If Dallas calls and says ''Hey, do you want Luka for Jrue and a first?'' then that's a situation where you're really in business. I love Jrue probably more than anyone, and even I would be into that.

But that's not going to happen. They have no reason to do that, whatsoever. And I'm not considering trading Jrue for like, a slightly-alright player and a late first.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    As big a disappointment as Holiday has been, the bigger disappointment on the court is Ball. Coming into the season, the general idea was for Ball to handle the playmaking responsibilities and for Holiday to be a shooter/ancillary play maker. Absent the Ball we hoped for, and with ineffectual/inconsistent play of NAW, Holiday is effectively being asked to plat two roles in the starting offense. I guess what I am saying is that Holiday is not being played offensively how either he, or the team, expected him playing. Holiday will bounce back. Personally, I would insert NAW in the starting lineup to (1) play Holiday how we intended to play him, (2) get NAW much needed playing experience against other ones.

The real question is: Does Ball have any trade value? My guess is, for a # 2 pick....NO!!!

In my mind this doesn't make me sour on the AD trade as BI has superseded expectations.
    Very good post

I think we should consider ourselves very lucky to have Jrue to take over at the 1, considering Zo has continued his habit of turning into a paperweight in the half court, especially since NAW is not ready.

You don't get to have a superstar at every position, and, personally, with how incredible BI has been playing (looks like he really did shoot 1,000 3's per day during summer, which is what he needed to do), and Zion's potential, having an all star at the point is really fantastic, as long as Gentry figures it out sooner rather than later that Zo needs to come off the bench until he realizes there is more to basketball than the transition part.

Thread Information