Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should the Pelicans trade Jrue?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Getting 3 or even 4 teams involved and it can be pretty simple. Can you imagine if the Lakers get their hands on Beal with help?
    4 team trades

Simple

pick one.

Give me one example of a simple 4 team trade that's actually happened in say, the last 10 years.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    4 team trades

Simple

pick one.

Give me one example of a simple 4 team trade that's actually happened in say, the last 10 years.

Are u serious?

This was to easy!

Jimmy Butler

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/06/...eat-sign-trade

Are u serious?

This was to easy!

Jimmy Butler

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/06/...eat-sign-trade
    Uhhh... I think you've completely misunderstood the word ''simple''. Either that or you've selectively forgotten all the mess that surrounded the Butler trade this summer.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Do not trade Jrue. Only do it if there is a very solid offer. He needs to adjust to life without AD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As big a disappointment as Holiday has been, the bigger disappointment on the court is Ball. Coming into the season, the general idea was for Ball to handle the playmaking responsibilities and for Holiday to be a shooter/ancillary play maker. Absent the Ball we hoped for, and with ineffectual/inconsistent play of NAW, Holiday is effectively being asked to plat two roles in the starting offense. I guess what I am saying is that Holiday is not being played offensively how either he, or the team, expected him playing. Holiday will bounce back. Personally, I would insert NAW in the starting lineup to (1) play Holiday how we intended to play him, (2) get NAW much needed playing experience against other ones.

The real question is: Does Ball have any trade value? My guess is, for a # 2 pick....NO!!!

In my mind this doesn't make me sour on the AD trade as BI has superseded expectations.
    Last edited by As I See It; 11-14-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Uhhh... I think you've completely misunderstood the word ''simple''. Either that or you've selectively forgotten all the mess that surrounded the Butler trade this summer.
    It was a win for all teams involved in trade.

It was a win for all teams involved in trade.
    Sure, but I didn't ask for an example of a 4 team trade that was a win for all teams involved. I asked for one that was simple, because of the claim that it would be simple. You didn't provide that.

Sure, but I didn't ask for an example of a 4 team trade that was a win for all teams involved. I asked for one that was simple, because of the claim that it would be simple. You didn't provide that.
    You asked for one trade that happened in 10 years and I gave you one and yes the fact it happened at the beginning of free agency and trades. It was executed fairly quickly and simple.

Now if you want to spin that fine but look at what you asked again.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 11-14-2019 at 01:00 PM.

You asked for one trade that happened in 10 years and I gave you one and yes the fact it happened at the beginning of free agency and trades. It was executed fairly quickly and simple.

Now if you want to spin that fine but look at what you asked again.
    You literally said "it can be pretty simple" to do a four team trade. So I said you can either pick simple, or four team, and asked for an example of a "simple 4 team trade that actually happened" (my exact words) in the last decade.

The example you gave is a trade that was in jeopardy at least twice because teams thought they were trading different players than they were actually trading (Heat thought they were moving Dragic, the recipient team thought they were getting Derrick Jones JR), and had to have Portland added last minute.

So you didn't answer the question, because I specifically was talking about the simplicity. I never said 4 team trades don't happen. I said that your claim that's they're "simple" is not true. And your counter example was a house of cards nonsense trade that was a mess.

That's not spin, that's you either not reading the question or evading it.

So what shooting guards are out there that would be better than Jrue and withing reach? I mean our biggest problem is that he isn't a 1st option player, but realistically we won't need him to be once Zion gets here. We have Brandon Ingram and Zion as the first two options. With the pressure off of Jrue, I would imagine he would relax and play better. We need a PG and a defensive scheme that works. I think that youth and inexperience are our biggest problems right now and only time will fix that. Unless its for salary cap reasons, I just don't see any reason to jettison any of our pieces right now.

4 team trades

Simple

pick one.

You said that bruh . Quit spinning into something else!

You said that bruh . Quit spinning into something else!
    You see how the word "simple" is in there? That's for a reason.

Oh wow can I have some fun starting some threads with this. Thank you Pelicandae for reminding me

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

https://tradenba.com/social

The four team trade machine is here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191114_140010.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	6496

Add in picks to balance things out for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191114_140010.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	6496

Add in picks to balance things out for everyone.
    Wow, so we'd be losing Jrue and Favors and probably picks, but would still have to take back $20+m in bad salary for multiple years in Dieng and McDermott? Yikes.

I get that there's nothing big on the free agency market this upcoming year, but wow. This trade is basically us losing Jrue, Favors, and possibly picks, for Myles Turner and salary dumps. That's not great.

I think i would give myles turner more value than jrue, plus he is a young 23 yr old player locked up long term... i wasn't expecting much from favors but he has been meh so far... doug and gorgi only have 2 yrs left, yes they are overpaid but with a weak fa class next summer we can afford that extra year and in return lock up a player who fits our timeline and fits a need as well.. 2nd rd picks are picks i can see moving out

That last Jrue turnover got me more irate than any other

Not tonight. LOL

Lol they got under Jrue’s skin a bit. Reporters do ask stupid questions to be fair.

Jrue threw the worst pass in history then said enough is enough

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Nothing has changed for me. We shouldn't think about shopping Jrue actively. But if some contender out there floats young assets and picks our way, we'd be silly to not consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Nothing has changed for me. We shouldn't think about shopping Jrue actively. But if some contender out there floats young assets and picks our way, we'd be silly to not consider it.
    Why? How many more young assets and picks do we need or can we even use? We have a ton of picks and more young players than we know what to do with. Jrue is a great guy who fills both a lead role and has shown to be more than willing to be a perfect complimentary piece around a star (which we all assume/pray Zion is).

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yep. I don’t trust Jrue as far as I can throw him. It all depends on the offer, but he isn’t untouchable by any means

Jrue’s trade stock just went up!

Of course they should consider trading Jrue, but no they should not trade Jrue for whatever presumably bad offers they can get right now. Anyone saying that we should trade Jrue at the deadline is wrong as well.

This upcoming FA class is the worst in years. To trade Jrue before FA would bet totally foolish. You have to wait until teams strike out. So let's just continue to hope he turns it around in the meantime to give us some options.

Jrue is an incredible basketball player that had a poor start to the season before last night. If that 9 game stretch happened in the middle of the season it would not have been nearly as big of a deal.

Thread Information