Pelicans Report

Thread: Thoughts on new starting lineup

Thoughts on new starting lineup

With Jrue's struggles spotting up from 3, and Zo's struggles creating in the half court and also using up too many 3pt attempts, the solution seems kind of obvious: start Jrue at the 1, and Frank or Reddick at the 2 (Hart can spell BI at the 3), and have Zo build up his skills and confidence against 2nd units coming off the bench.

What do you guys think?

Hall of Famer
    I mean they won , lonzo needs to come off the bench

Zo lineup hasnt worked

It took Alvin how many games?

The Franchise
    Yea I think Zo should play with the second unit. Him and NAW can benfit from sharing the court together.

Jrue seems far more effective when he's responsible for orchestrating. Or maybe he's just way better at it than Ball, I know you guys aren't high on him at the 1.

LOL I was not around today and missed the game, had no idea Gentry did this. Off to watch highlights now.

Didn't realize Zo was out due to injury either; too bad Gentry didn't think to do this on his own without waiting for Zo to get injured.

I thought Zo running the offense in the 1s was a horrible idea from the jump. He killed spacing and his inability to drive turn the court to 4 on 5 offense. Defense where gonna bet against him shooting 33% from the 3.

So, i don’t understand why he was starting in the 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    Didn't realize Zo was out due to injury either; too bad Gentry didn't think to do this on his own without waiting for Zo to get injured.
    Because it'd be an extremely stupid thing to do.

It was close game against f*ing Hornets. If it was any of the teams that we lost to, we would lose this also so don't overthink it. This lineup is not any better then the one we started with.

Odds are extremely good he will change it again.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Because it'd be an extremely stupid thing to do.
    That's a really well-articulated thought, and clearly supported by the boundless evidence of how well our original lineup was working. I am sure I speak for the entire forum, and really, the whole internet, when I say that you should be saluted for your fine posts, good sir. You truly have raised the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Odds are extremely good he will change it again.
    #pelslife
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information