Pelicans Report

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1341

Thread: NBA DRAFT 2020 DISCUSSION

Are the Hawks really interested in Jrue? That seems a strange one if true.

Yes because teams (thankfully) don't all think like fans where the goal is to just keep getting a bunch of guys in their early 20s and wait a half a decade to win
    @mcnamara247

The Franchise
    Jrue should be worth 2-1st and a decent player or 2 decent players and a 1st. Huerter, Reddish and a first or Reddish and 2-1sts is what need from Atl. I?d love Nets/Hawks if we can come out with 6th, 19, Claxton, and Musa I?d be happy. Atl gets Levert and someone needs to prob take Temple. Then move 13 & 19 to get into the top 10 for Vassell or Okongwu.

You are "worth " what the market says you are worth. And nobody else is offering close to that. So, the Pels ain't getting what you want from Atlanta

The Franchise
    He’s prob the top available player out there. If there was a bigger market of players maybe we wouldn’t get a lot but not this year. If they don’t want to give up that, I’m ok with keeping Jrue.

Cap space can be seen as an asset too

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yes because teams (thankfully) don't all think like fans where the goal is to just keep getting a bunch of guys in their early 20s and wait a half a decade to win
    How about answering a question politely instead of being a condescending nitwit? Your social graces on display per usual (or lack there of).

Notice I have about 200 replies in this thread and all have been cordial

id be happy with Jrue and 13 for 6 and Huerter.

but that's mainly just because I want Hayes. But cap space is also nice.

dont think the hawks would give up Reddish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    id be happy with Jrue and 13 for 6 and Huerter.

but that's mainly just because I want Hayes. But cap space is also nice.

dont think the hawks would give up Reddish.
    Don't think we'd have to give 13 here

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Don't think we'd have to give 13 here
    Eh, maybe maybe not. If we didnt give back 13 I'd imagine we'd have to eat Dedmon which I'd also be fine with. I'm just starting with the minimum I'd be willing to take if push came to shove: my other offers were tepid, and if the pels and Jrue are far apart in extension talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Eh, maybe maybe not. If we didnt give back 13 I'd imagine we'd have to eat Dedmon which I'd also be fine with. I'm just starting with the minimum I'd be willing to take if push came to shove: my other offers were tepid, and if the pels and Jrue are far apart in extension talks.
    Remember, it's not just Atlanta in the hunt for Jrue

Remember, it's not just Atlanta in the hunt for Jrue
    Exactly.

The whole reason you want multiple teams to have interest is so that you can leverage one offer against the other.

If Atlanta want Jrue, they have to be prepared to pay for him. That can't be, for us, in a setup where they get to control the cards. The reality is that Jrue is the single best piece that's going to be involved in any ATL trade (they're clearly not giving up Trae, for example, or multiple future firsts) and therefore they are the ones who have to make up the difference in value, not us. Should they turn around and say ''Fine, we'll *take* Jrue but you'll have to eat XYZ unwanted asset'' then our response should be ''no thanks, I'll go elsewhere''.
    Basketball.

Jrue is the best piece out there but I am telling you -- the offers in February and the offers so far havent been that great. There is not one anything close to what that poster put up.

Now, that could change, but so far, the offers "havent even been worthy of a pause from Griff"

Who do you guys the "10 teams have interest" was leaked by? You think each team individually reached out to that reporter? Of course not - it was sent by us because, sure, a lot of teams would like Jrue on their team. Heck, "29 teams have interest", but the offers have been laughable. There is no bidding war going on. Now...Griff will eventually find the 2 or 3 most interested teams and create a mini bidding war, but the return wont be anything close to what that poster put up. If he is traded at all. The offers stay at this level, or close, and Jrue will be with us when the season starts

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Like we should always be looking at who benefits the most from any particular Woj or Shams leaks.

Jrue is the best piece out there but I am telling you -- the offers in February and the offers so far havent been that great. There is not one anything close to what that poster put up.

Now, that could change, but so far, the offers "havent even been worthy of a pause from Griff"
    Obviously 2 firsts and all those players was ridiculous

Is 6 and Huerter still not on the cards?

Or is that a far fetched deal for Jrue as of now
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-08-2020 at 08:19 PM.

The Hawks would part with that and maybe a tiny bit more IF they were told they had a chance to keep Jrue. Again, that is the huge x factor here. And only Jrue and his people know whether he would be willing g to stay there

Notice I have about 200 replies in this thread and all have been cordial
    I've noticed. Having you here and being cordial has, IMO, raised the level on the forum higher than it's been in a good decade or so.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Reading a lot of rumblings about Wiliiams being a top target of Pistons at 7 and Kira Lewis a target of Suns at 10. Those are 2 that many on the site have mentioned as possibilities for Pels at 13.

With rumors of Pels looking to potentially trade up, I wonder if Williams is the target (to get in front of Pistons). What are thoughts on trying to get up for Avidja (or would that just take too much)?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Reading a lot of rumblings about Wiliiams being a top target of Pistons at 7 and Kira Lewis a target of Suns at 10. Those are 2 that many on the site have mentioned as possibilities for Pels at 13.

With rumors of Pels looking to potentially trade up, I wonder if Williams is the target (to get in front of Pistons). What are thoughts on trying to get up for Avidja (or would that just take too much)?
    I think Avdija is largely overrated and I would not trade much for him. If we had another target then that's a discussion, but I do not get the Avdija hype.

Edit: that's not to say he's not worth a lottery pick, I do think he is, but I don't think he's valuable enough to justify moving value specifically for him.

If the Pels get to that range, it wont be a "trade up" as much as it will be a trade of Jrue and us getting a pick between 2-6. The guys we love in that range are Hayes, Avdija, and Williams. Personally, I like Haliburton but it doesnt sound like he is a target

Old mate Patty Williams projecting as a possible top 4 pick now

Williams — a 6-foot-8 wing out of Florida State — is the big winner of the pre-draft process thus far. He has boosted his stock from outside the lottery at the conclusion of the college season to getting looks as high as the No. 4 pick, sources say.
    https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2...-draft-rumors/
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-09-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Old mate Patty Williams projecting as a top 4 pick now

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2...-draft-rumors/
    Just speculating he could go that high. A lot of smoke for him at 7 to Detroit though.

Really great, detailed write up of 15 first rounders

https://old.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...g_list_of_the/

Funnily enough, no Pat Will

Thread Information