Pelicans Report

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1341

Thread: NBA DRAFT 2020 DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I bet Lonzo probably kill a spot up 3 drill in practice... I don't see any real merit in shooting drills.
    Nor do I, if I did I wouldn't be lamenting the results lol

Its like the FT shooting drills. Can't remember who but someone shot 98% in the drills.

But it's 50 shots in an empty gym under basically no pressure. Its not representative of s game. Why would I ever prioritise these 50 decontextualised shots when I can go look at your actually college totals and get a larger sample size in a more meaningful context?

Everyone knows that NBA players all shoot absurd percentages in practice. In practice, Ben Simmons takes and hits threes. That tells you all you need to know.
    Basketball.

I am asking this with another question in mind, but in your opinion, who in the NBA could use and afford Andrew Wiggins that could be part of a 3-team trade with the Pels and Warriors?

Charlotte is the obvious one. After that, you are looking to trade him for other bad contracts but that fit better. Like Horford or Love
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Zion View Post
    I am asking this with another question in mind, but in your opinion, who in the NBA could use and afford Andrew Wiggins that could be part of a 3-team trade with the Pels and Warriors?
    Well I don't really think anyone wants him but yeah, Charlotte are a team with the money free who might appreciate just having a dude with a name to score a lot while they spend the next year or three putting their ducks in a row.

They have PJ Washington from last year's draft who was a great pickup for them, Miles Bridges is still young, Devonte' Graham exists. They could just take Wiggins, play him as a hot start scorer (I'm thinking 6 man but if his ego causes trouble with that then just start him and bench him early) while they get reps and run for those guys. Add a decent player this year (their pick is #3: could they be taking someone like Onyeka to give them a real starting calibre big?) and then maybe a late lottery guy next year (obviously they would hope to improve from this year's record) and they could be legitimately good in 3 or 4 years time, by which point Wiggins would be gone just in time for Washington's rookie extension to come up.

They're not going to get anyone big in free agency so they shouldn't care about that too much.

The interesting one is Detroit and Blake. Obviously SVG has a relationship with him, and some have compared Zion's game to early Blake.

Blake is more mature now and was an All NBA caliber player just a few years ago. He has enough ball handling and shooting to help space and move the offense. If my ONLY choices were Wiggins (3 yrs/94 mil) or Blake (2 yrs/75 mil), I think I would take Blake. I would definitely take Horford and Batum over Wiggins. Love would be the difficult one, but I'd probably do that too. Probably wouldnt do Tobias Harris

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The interesting one is Detroit and Blake. Obviously SVG has a relationship with him, and some have compared Zion's game to early Blake.

Blake is more mature now and was an All NBA caliber player just a few years ago. He has enough ball handling and shooting to help space and move the offense. If my ONLY choices were Wiggins (3 yrs/94 mil) or Blake (2 yrs/75 mil), I think I would take Blake. I would definitely take Horford and Batum over Wiggins. Love would be the difficult one, but I'd probably do that too. Probably wouldnt do Tobias Harris
    You wrote about Kris Dunn a few weeks back for BSS and I was wondering if there is interest amongst the Pels and Dunn?

There is..... he is on the short list. But SO MUCH has to be determined between now and then. They could go into FA with 25 mil in cap room if they send Jrue to Hawks or just exceptions. They could be overloaded at guard or have traded several guys in their back court. Not to mention, they still dont know if Dunn will get the QO from Chicago. Long, long way to go

You guys hit on what I had in mind. The idea would be to move Jrue to the Warriors for #2 and send Wiggins to the third team, hopefully picking up usable pieces and another FRP, either in this draft or future picks. Griffin is a bit more money than I had in mind, I suppose it works for what I was getting at. My main thing is that if they are definitely trading Jrue, I want picks in the top five of this draft and/or a pick in next year’s draft. Trading with some of the teams discussed would not net the Pels a pick in the next two years without a third team involved.
    Last edited by Mount Zion; 11-07-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Wasn't hard to figure out why you were asking, seeing that most Pels fans have been talking about that same scenario for months.

I think that if Jrue is traded, regardless of to who, it will be a three team deal or a delayed 3 reamer. And especially so if its the Warriors

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    There is..... he is on the short list. But SO MUCH has to be determined between now and then. They could go into FA with 25 mil in cap room if they send Jrue to Hawks or just exceptions. They could be overloaded at guard or have traded several guys in their back court. Not to mention, they still dont know if Dunn will get the QO from Chicago. Long, long way to go
    thanks!

Wasn't hard to figure out why you were asking, seeing that most Pels fans have been talking about that same scenario for months.

I think that if Jrue is traded, regardless of to who, it will be a three team deal or a delayed 3 reamer. And especially so if its the Warriors
    Even if it is a deal with Hawks?

My gut is that a deal with the Hawks doesn't happen unless Jrue gives them an extension number he would be willing to sign to stay. But Atlanta likes Levert too. So a deal that has Jrue going to Brooklyn and Levert to Atlanta could work.

My gut is that a deal with the Hawks doesn't happen unless Jrue gives them an extension number he would be willing to sign to stay. But Atlanta likes Levert too. So a deal that has Jrue going to Brooklyn and Levert to Atlanta could work.
    any chance ATL includes Hunter or Reddish?

Again...it all comes down to what Jrues reps tells Atlanta. And I don't know that

Interesting. Jrue to Nets and Levert to Hawks. Could be a nice fit. Would just have to figure out what Pels could get out of this. Not sure Hawks give up #6 for Levert, but maybe they take #19 from Nets and send us #6. Alternatively, maybe they send us Huerter and 6 and get Levert and 13 (and we end up with #19 from Nets and a lot of cap room). Could be interesting. My gut tells me Holiday stays with Pels until at least beginning of season, but who knows?

Pels would get 6 and then 2-3 of some little things like: Huerter, Prince, Dinwiddie, Allen, 19, cap space

Personally, if I could have any realistic deal, I would want Jrue to tell Atlanta he is open to staying and all I would want is 6, Huerter, and a top-8 protected future first. Could enter the offseason with 25 in cap space to take on contracts or sign 2 guys for more than the MLE, thereby beating out those teams, etc. I'd rather that than players I dont really want like Prince or Dinwiddie

make it a top four protected future first round pick and you'e got yourself a deal

Yoeli Childs in the 2nd round, boom or bust.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Obi Toppin vs Tyler Bey. Not the full uncut game--- so you can't pick up a flow for the game for either. But it's not really a highlight video, so better than nothin.

This mock is pretty wild. Has Poku going at 6 and Okongwu dropping to us

https://thesixersense.com/2020/11/08...s-should-pick/

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    This mock is pretty wild. Has Poku going at 6 and Okongwu dropping to us

https://thesixersense.com/2020/11/08...s-should-pick/
    Thats because its who teams SHOULD pick as opposed to most mocks which are who teams likely will pick.

The mocks, and the teams are always so off when it comes to the draft. I mean, go ahead and do a re-draft from just last year. Herro would go 3 or 4, yet if you took him at even 7 or 8 last year, people would have called that crazy. The team would have got an 'F' on their post draft report card.

My big thing this year is that I dont want anybody calling a pick a 'reach' or a 'value' pick. These are a bunch of flawed, lottery tickets. Completely random. If Warriors take Vassell or Haliburton or Patrick Williams #2, it will be called a reach because of all the mock drafts that have those guys going later. But none of those are real. None of these prospects are at some unique level that the others arent. This is a total crapshoot draft, and when we do a re-draft of it in 5 years, it will look completely different from what actually happens. There are no "reaches" or "value picks"

Thats because its who teams SHOULD pick as opposed to most mocks which are who teams likely will pick.

The mocks, and the teams are always so off when it comes to the draft. I mean, go ahead and do a re-draft from just last year. Herro would go 3 or 4, yet if you took him at even 7 or 8 last year, people would have called that crazy. The team would have got an 'F' on their post draft report card.

My big thing this year is that I dont want anybody calling a pick a 'reach' or a 'value' pick. These are a bunch of flawed, lottery tickets. Completely random. If Warriors take Vassell or Haliburton or Patrick Williams #2, it will be called a reach because of all the mock drafts that have those guys going later. But none of those are real. None of these prospects are at some unique level that the others arent. This is a total crapshoot draft, and when we do a re-draft of it in 5 years, it will look completely different from what actually happens. There are no "reaches" or "value picks"
    I think the invested fan understands how much of a crap shoot this draft is. We won't see as many 'reach' or 'value' analyses as usual IMO

Pels would get 6 and then 2-3 of some little things like: Huerter, Prince, Dinwiddie, Allen, 19, cap space

Personally, if I could have any realistic deal, I would want Jrue to tell Atlanta he is open to staying and all I would want is 6, Huerter, and a top-8 protected future first. Could enter the offseason with 25 in cap space to take on contracts or sign 2 guys for more than the MLE, thereby beating out those teams, etc. I'd rather that than players I dont really want like Prince or Dinwiddie
    I would be interested in that. Maybe see if we could squeeze it to a top 5 protected pick but yeah, I like Huerter and 6 would be a very good shot at Hayes. Also not really interested in Prince or Dinwiddie.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I think the invested fan understands how much of a crap shoot this draft is. We won't see as many 'reach' or 'value' analyses as usual IMO
    Maybe not as many as usual but there will still be some, and they will still be justified.

For example, if someone picks up Killian Tillie at #40, that's still damn good value. Sure, his injury concerns are real so he may never get healthy enough to provide value, but most 2nd round picks never provide value anyway: at least Tillie has the skillset of a lottery pick.

Similarly, if someone takes, say, Cassius Stanley in the lottery then that will be a reach regardless of how flat the draft is.

Huerter, 6 and the right to swap 2021 1sts

Thread Information