Pelicans Report

Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA DRAFT 2020 DISCUSSION

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah he's awful.

I can't remember the exact numbers although I have posted them in this thread before, but I think he has something like 3 off-hand finishes in the halfcourt in his entire 2 years in college.

Just absolutely nothing there.
    If I remember correctly it 2 off hand finishes in AAU and Arizona over the last two seasons. He also only finished at the rim at a 38% rate in the half court at Arizona. Yikes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I'm officially investing all of my stock in Josh Green

Ive thought this for a while now. He's more fluid and athletic than really..... any of his peers.... that is wings to be had after like the 10th pick.

His freshman numbers are rather similar to Bradley Beal and Victor Oldajipo's freshman numbers.

in fact, they're competitive to Vassell's numbers, ecspecially as a frosh.

but it's not really his production that does it for me; it's in watching him do it. He will be a legit starter somewhere.... book it

but in many ways he bothers me,

like having no left and not being a creator

his low percentages wont be a problem though
    Last edited by fullcourtpress; 08-20-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Did you watch just his highlight tape? Lol

Ready for the draft lottery so trades can start happening.

Another guy I was surprised with when I watched him, Leandro Bolmaro. But not in a good way.

When you watch his highlights you would think he’s an early pick, but when you really dive into him you see why he isn’t even a sure 1st rounder.

He’d probably be a stash candidate.

Just wanna note that Duke apparently has AJ Griffin and Paolo Banchero, which isn't for this draft, but damn that's gonna be fun. Both super high level prospects.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Good news is we'll know very quickly if we're in the top 4 or not. Either they announce our name 1st or 2nd in the listing. There's a comfort in that. And there won't be any pause.

Here we go.

Jrue Holiday and Lonzo for Markkanen and Chicago's # 1.

Warriors are looking to trade lol.

Warriors tank failed

Why? If they give you #2 for Jrue, you gonna say no?

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post

Not just no. Hell no. Jrue doesn't fit with GSW, anyways.

Yes, I am saying no to that lol

Jrue ain’t never going to have that kind of value again from a contender. It’s crazy to hold on to him with that opportunity to unload him for value.

I'm fine with 13 tbh

Jrue ain’t never going to have that kind of value again from a contender. It’s crazy to hold on to him with that opportunity to unload him for value.
    The #2 pick in this draft is not value. It's a loss on Jrue.

To you maybe but there is value there for a team who wants LeMelo like the Knicks.

But this draft sucks is the thing. Literally no reason to trade up unless it's Pok.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    @Pelicanidae

Any point guard that can drive, shoot free throws well, has a consistent mid range jumper and good handles? (and may be there at 13?)

The Nets trade seems way better. And it's still probably helps Nets more than us

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    @Pelicanidae

Any point guard that can drive, shoot free throws well, has a consistent mid range jumper and good handles? (and may be there at 13?)
    We don't have a fancy forum where we can tag people makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    @Pelicanidae

Grant Riller lol

Older player, he'll be 23, but he's the guy outside of the top 5 that I think is mostly likely to hit NBA primary initiator upside as a guard. 80+% FT shooter last two years, solid passer (though not incredible or anything), mediocre 3pt shooting numbers but that's mostly cause he takes stepbacks, pullups, off-movement, off-screen shots against any defense: will be a good shooter at the NBA level, and a legit pullup threat imo. 40% career shooter on C&S too over the 4 years in college.

Kind of a mediocre defender: okay as a team guy but loses focus easily and is too small at 6'3 (not lengthy) to really guard up much, he's a 2 position defender only at the 1v1 aspect.

Legitimately the best driver and finisher at the rim in this class: he's 6'3 and shot the same percentage at the basket as Obi Toppin, and less than 25% of those shots were assisted. Ridiculous ability to create for himself and finish.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 08-20-2020 at 08:13 PM.

Thread Information