Pelicans Report

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54
Results 1,326 to 1,341 of 1341

Thread: NBA DRAFT 2020 DISCUSSION

I put 50/50 odds Redick gets traded. I think as part of a package for a player rather than more draft capital.

It's very plausible. One the one hand, SVG loves him, he loves SVG, they have history together, etc. On the other, he's 37 and wants to win, not possibly miss the playoffs again hanging around on a team doing refits. Could see him staying or going, honestly.
    Basketball.

I wouldn't mind them making a move to add another 1st for next year's draft though. Even if that means moving 24 or 39 and a player (Redick).

Golden State has Minnesota's 1st next year plus their own. **************s.

There's very little chance they move Minnesota's, since it's probably going to be a good pick in a draft with fantastic top end talent, and their own is likely to be in the bottom half of the first round. I may not be as high on the 20/21 Warriors as many but they're not going to be one of the very worst teams in the NBA, and I wouldn't be shocked if they made it into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's very plausible. One the one hand, SVG loves him, he loves SVG, they have history together, etc. On the other, he's 37 and wants to win, not possibly miss the playoffs again hanging around on a team doing refits. Could see him staying or going, honestly.
    He's not 37 till next June

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    He's not 37 till next June
    My bad, not sure who I was thinking of.

The point still stands though, 36 is not in any way a big enough difference from 37 to chance the essence of it.

My bad, not sure who I was thinking of.

The point still stands though, 36 is not in any way a big enough difference from 37 to chance the essence of it.
    When you get to your mid to late 30s, there's definitely a marked difference

When you get to your mid to late 30s, there's definitely a marked difference
    Long way before I get that far, old man

Long way before I get that far, old man
    Let's hope you do

I'm not gonna lie, I read this thread for Pelicans prospect info and info for fantasy basketball purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    The Pelicans will draft Jalen Smith if they pick at 13 IMO. Unless a consensus top 10 pick slides
    I think I nailed it; albeit he wasnt there anymore.

Every man and his dog is panning Phoenix for taking Smith at 10

Bruh...my 2nd post in this thread, way back in August...before it was too chic....and of course I got instant pushback from...

I have a feeling if they remain at 12, Kira Lewis Jr will be the pick while Lonzo and Jrue move on somewhere else.

I wouldnt be mad with that.

Every man and his dog is panning Phoenix for taking Smith at 10
    Because it was a huge overdraft.

Because it was a huge overdraft.
    Spurs, Kings and Pelicans should all be sending Mr Jones an Xmas card this year

Perhaps Boston too but I'm not high on Nesmith

but but muh 52% on 8 threes a game!

It might be because there are other things in basketball than 40 second highlight clips.

I'll give you a breakdown from my perspective of his overall game, of why I wouldn't take him top 40.

Pros:
    - Good C&S shooter with NBA range.
    - Fairly strong, although not outlier strong, and seems to know how to use the strength reasonably well.
    - Handle is adequate for his position.
    - Reasonably solid team defender, with decent footwork. Closes out well on the perimeter, tends to know where to be, stunts and digs consistently.
    - Defends the post pretty well, using his strength to ground himself and prevents himself from being bowled over.
    - Is able to execute basic passes within an offense.

Cons:
    - Mediocre lateral quickness.
    - Lack of vertical pop: he's got a decent max vert, it seems, but he's a slow-load jumper most of the time.
    - Pretty sub-par finisher around the rim over several years in college, struggles mightily in traffic (52% at the rim last year, 44% this year in the halfcourt)
    - Very little burst
    - Isn't a great relocater after giving the ball up which is a shame because that's huge for maximising shooting
    - Pretty much no ability to create his own shot off the dribble. Not very efficient in his motions, and isn't decisive with movements. Dribbles slowly, and doesn't handle pressure very well (TOV% almost doubles his AST% all three years of college)
    - Very little passing upside. Almost all of his passing is done from pre-determined situations: he doesn't read defenses actively, and his vision is poor. This is a problem someone like Jalen Smith also has, but at least Smith has more of a handle to make more out of non-passing situations.
    - Not a rim protector at all. Slow leap-building hinders it, and he doesn't really cover ground extremely well either, which makes his ability to come out of the paint and then recover pretty problematic.
    - Defense isn't very switchable. His feet aren't particularly fast and whenever he's put in a situation that requires hip-switching his footwork is really bad, he's prone to getting them tangled. There would be a lot of work needed just to fix that issue, and that doesn't even address the speed and fluidity issues, or the lateral quickness problems.

So you see, while there's definitely some upside for him, there's a lot to find issues with as well. If he gets picked in the mid-to-late 2nd round that's probably fine, but he's not a first rounder.

Nwora is averaging 6 pts a game for the Bucks. Id say they are happy with him as a second round selection.
    "
    ordan Nwora would be an ideal pick in the 2nd round if available. "

Thread Information