Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 9th November - New Orleans Pelicans @ Charlotte Hornets - 1-7

We will see how he does Monday vs Rockets.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So you are blaming the players?
    It’s 100% on Gentry for the start of the year. He always tries to push this pace thing even though some of the players on the team don’t benefit from it. Favors looked night and day better tonight from a slowed pace and set offense

So you are blaming the players?
    Absolutely! Does Gentry deserve blame as well? Absolutely! If we lose tonight by 1 point this board is blowing up at how stupid his lineups were not playing NAW more and blah blah.. This board lives on “hindsight” making everyone so smart!

We will see how he does Monday vs Rockets.
    I think if he slows the game down, the Pels win

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Absolutely! Does Gentry deserve blame as well? Absolutely! If we lose tonight by 1 point this board is blowing up at how stupid his lineups were not playing NAW more and blah blah.. This board lives on “hindsight” making everyone so smart!
    Gentry isn’t a good coach. His team is 2-7. Don’t get carried away from one win.

Let us Remember we played the Charlotte Hornets .

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Gentry isn’t a good coach. His team is 2-7. Don’t get carried away from one win.
    Where at all did I get carried away? Can I say the same to not get carried away with Gentry because we lost a few games with one of the youngest teams in the NBA all while having arguably our best player go down right before the season started? Like I said in “hindsight” everyone here is the greatest coach in NBA history but that’s just not how real life works. Nobody wants to factor anything else in that has happened except the easy thing to do by blaming Gentry.. I never said I was a Gentry fan but to act like this is all his fault or even half his fault is ridiculous.

Let us Remember we played the Charlotte Hornets .
    We are on pace to be 6-21 by the time Zion is able to come back. Maybe 8-28 lol

Where at all did I get carried away? Can I say the same to not get carried away with Gentry because we lost a few games with one of the youngest teams in the NBA all while having arguably our best player go down right before the season started? Like I said in “hindsight” everyone here is the greatest coach in NBA history but that’s just not how real life works. Nobody wants to factor anything else in that has happened except the easy thing to do by blaming Gentry.. I never said I was a Gentry fan but to act like this is all his fault or even half his fault is ridiculous.
    We don’t have to be coaches to know that Gentry is bad. We have been asking from the start for more Kenny and Hayes. Gentry did something that fans have called for from the start. It’s just common sense.

Basketball Guru
    He is absolutely going to get the max no question about it. Not only will he get it but he deserves every penny of it. He has been exactly what I thought and said he would be!

if we can lock ingram up and he become our dominating 3...zion turns out to be good as people think he will be....next we will need to get that SG that can get us 20ppg then build around those 3 as our core,,we will be on our way to contenting for titles....

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    We are on pace to be 6-21 by the time Zion is able to come back. Maybe 8-28 lol
    I'd be willing to bet the quality of the next 27 opponents isn't close to what the first 9 as a group have been.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I'd be willing to bet the quality of the next 27 opponents isn't close to what the first 9 as a group have been.
    You’re right. It gets much harder. They play the Rockets, Clippers, Heat and follow that with Warriors, Blazers, Suns, Jazz, Clippers and Lakers. Oh and then a Thunder team that has already beaten them. I’d argue that’s tougher than the first group of games, but that’s just me.

I know we wanna talk about the team, but let's critique that ugly ****** court in Charlotte. Sweet baby Jesus... It's ugly.

Just getting back in.

To me, this game was like watching a talented artist struggle with "writer's block". How we kept coming back and tying it up or close only to have then pull away, again. That was so frustrating. It was like a a microcosm for the entire season because it felt like we had the ability to pull away but Charlotte would then build a lead. This season has been even more frustrating than most not just because we are losing but also it feels like we shouldn't be.

Then we broke through that wall. It would be awesome if that means it wasn't just for that game, it was actually us breaking through the wall for the season....you might say "but it was just the horne..." that doesn't matter. Countless times in sports history a team has used a bad team to be the spring board for something awesome. We have a very tough November schedule. So we'll see. Glad JJ and Favors found their way to NOLA......in Charlotte.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

What a ugly win. However, I think that such a game can only help us down the road.

#WorkInProgress

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I do like Ball, but do you guys think the squad is playing better without him on the floor. When he's passive it's like the Pels are only playing with 4 guys on the court.
    I am a fan of Lonzo and want him to succeed.But I think he is pretty much who he is.I don't see much of a ceiling left.We should have seen it by now.He's afraid to dribble drive which sounds absurd for an NBA point guard.Good defender although he's regressed some,good rebounder outstanding passer and has improved his shooting.But the thing that bothers me the most Lonzo's too passive and plays with almost zero emotion.He doesn't bring much energy which this team needs.I honestly think he's just a decent role player at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wecandothis View Post
    I am a fan of Lonzo and want him to succeed.But I think he is pretty much who he is.I don't see much of a ceiling left.We should have seen it by now.He's afraid to dribble drive which sounds absurd for an NBA point guard.Good defender although he's regressed some,good rebounder outstanding passer and has improved his shooting.But the thing that bothers me the most Lonzo's too passive and plays with almost zero emotion.He doesn't bring much energy which this team needs.I honestly think he's just a decent role player at this point.
    I completely agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It would be awesome if that means it wasn't just for that game, it was actually us breaking through the wall for the season....you might say "but it was just the horne..." that doesn't matter. Countless times in sports history a team has used a bad team to be the spring board for something awesome. We have a very tough November schedule. So we'll see. Glad JJ and Favors found their way to NOLA......in Charlotte.
    I also want to add that yes, it's just the Hornets, but the Hornets have been an okay-ish team so far this year. Yes, they're due a regression because they simply don't have the talent, but they were 4-4 coming into this game for a reason. They're probably still only going to win like, 28 games or something, but it's not like they have been one of the bottom 5 teams in the league so far. Like I said, I expect regression from them, but they're not the bottom of the barrel at this point.

Also, good thing: we are no longer the worst team in the NBA by record. We are 2-7, which gives us a better record than Golden State (2-8), and ties us with Memphis and the Knicks.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    If gentry is a serious coach ball cant immediately step back into the starting lineup
    Ball should’ve been coming off the bench since his LA tenure IMO. But Magic and the Lakers felt pressured to start him because he was the 2nd overall pick and the new “face” of the franchise prior to LeBron signing. This kid still has a lot to work on in his young career. He needs to play against other teams’ 2nd units.

Zo becomes a lot more useful once Zion returns

Thread Information